TripAdvisor

Punchbowl and Ladle
Ranked #2 of 11 Restaurants in Feock
Cuisines: Seafood, British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: A pretty, thatched traditional pub and restaurant, the Punchbowl and Ladle has masses of character both inside and out. Parts of the building date back to the 15th century and during the 17th century it was a hostelry for travellers and mariners crossing the river Fal on the King Harry Ferry. Legend has it that part of the building was employed as a customs house, and the original fireplace in the bar was used to destroy confiscated contraband! Today, Graham & Jacqui Hill and their team welcome you warmly into the pub that has two bars, a large dining area and plenty of cosy nooks and corners for people to sit in comfort.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

An amazing pub from outside and reviews looked promising, sadly my pie was raw and could hardly cut the veg as were so hard. Was offered a replacement but that meant everyone would have finished their meal and would have to wait for me. The waiter dealt with this in a professional manner and gave a full refund for the meal followed by complimentary desserts which we were not charged for.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (693)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

A warm welcome from the landlord and his wife. Our dog was welcomed. My husband had Roast beef and I had vegetarian roast. Absolutely delicious, especially the red cabbage. Will definitely return.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Change in the weather caused us to come in for a meal. Young staff provided great service and we were soon sat down having a drink. Extensive menu was appealing and we soon had ham egg and chips and moules mariniere. Both were absolutely faultless. Excellent ingredients, beautifully cooked and presented.
Followed up with ice cream and forgot about the weather.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

this was our third visit lovely pub lovely staff very helpful but on this visit we found the food not so good I had a thermadore sea starter costing near ten pounds and received a very small amount was tasty but just to small a portion for the money followed by meat pie with mash ..the mash was awful no seasoning and tasted like the potatoes had been frozen the pie was very nice and full my wife shared a spicy chicken with poppadom which we had to send back as poppadom was rubbery in fairness they sorted the problem my wife and daughter had the ham with new pots for main the ham was top notch but the potatoes need to be smaller in size as they tend to get over cooked as I said its hit or miss our bill came to £104 with a med glass of wine costing over £5 the food was hit and miss and far to expensive the staff were lovely and the surroundings great would I go back? probably not shame as nice venue

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Visited whilst on holiday nearby.

Pub has character in abundance and very quaint in parts.

Staff very friendly and although our food took a little while to be served it was all freshly cooked, using local ingredients.

My lemon sole was perfect, although my wife’s steak was a little tough, meaning she had to leave some.

We’d happily visit again as it’s such a charming pub.