All reviews design hotel white suite large suite plunge pool beach bar treehouse restaurant young families kids menu a la carte menu small children lounge area small resort sun loungers karidi beach half board fish restaurant great design
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The hotel is clean and well designed with a nice pool and perfect beach for small children. Most of the staff are lovely and although it is expensive it is quite a good place to stay with very young children. Main drawbacks are the price, a beer is about 5 euros, and the fact that a lot of the food is a bit too much like fine dining to eat every day or for children.

Our main issue was a roof leak into our room midway through the holiday. It dripped all night keeping us and our 2 year old son up. I reported it the next morning. No one apologised but they did send someone to fix it quickly. Unfortunately next time it rained on our last night it leaked even more keeping us all awake and soaking the shoes I was going to travel home in. I reported it again when I paid the bill and suggested knocking one night off the invoice was appropriate. They told me I should have reported to them before so I could have switched rooms. I pointed out that I thought they had fixed it after the first time, and I didn’t really fancy moving all our stuff in the middle of the night the second time, particularly with a two year old. I was also told how strange it was it was leaking as it was a new room which sounded a bit like she didn’t believe me. The receptionist spoke to the manager and offered me 100 euros, 1/3 of one nights bill which I think is pretty derisory and suggested so. I couldn’t really argue though as a taxi was waiting to take us to the airport.

Only other criticisms are the rooms are bit form over function and none of them have baths (although they did kindly provide a baby bath on request).

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We came as a family of four and enjoyed the whole trip! The view, the architecture, the staff, the food, the interior, the apartments - - - everything was just perfect. We are going to come back next year!

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Myself and my wife stayed for 8 nights, on arrival we were greeted
with a warm & friendly greeting by three members of staff. Once the
management discovered we were celebrating a particular occasion we
were given a significant room upgrade. The room was beautiful and
large, as we walked out of the room we were on the beach within 15
seconds. The resort is beautiful and well presented, on arrival it
definitely had a wow factor.
The food is creative and delicious and we would highly recommend
eating in the Bubo restaurant.
The bar/beach staff were lovely and highly attentive.
Due to the beach being really shallow and calm the hotel attracts a
a lot of young families, so there are a lot of babies and toddlers
around, this didn’t bother us, but if you are traveling without kids
then you need to consider whether or not this environment is somewhere
you will relax. It didn’t bother us, but I can imagine it might
frustrate others.
There are loads of different restaurants and beaches to walk to and we
felt we had plenty to explore.
Others have commented on the wasps whilst eating and yes this is a factor but part and parcel of eating outdoors.
It’s a beautiful resort, the staff are great, the food and drink are
delicious- we’d happily recommend this hotel.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

If you are looking to book a vacation with your children, Ekies is the perfect spot!
BUT if you are a couple seeking a romantic getaway, I recommend looking someplace else.

THE PROS:
1. Beautifully furnished modern rooms — We stayed at the white suite with an outdoor jacuzzi and we loved it. It could have had more storage space, but let’s say this was part of the minimalistic ambiance.
2. Anything you need in one place — private beach, comfortable sunbeds, rental boats, restaurant, gym… All of this, in a small boutique resort
3. The view — having my breakfast while surrounded by mountains, sea, and a beautiful beach was marvellous!
4. The breakfast — everything was fresh and delicious. From the individually-made omelette to the home-made Red Velvet cake
5. The wine list — the wine list was well-curated, representing various parts of Greece

THE CONS:
1. Babies crying everywhere — you would imagine that a breakfast at an “all senses resort” would be peaceful and relaxing. I hate to break your bubble, but there were crying babies at almost every table. While I love kids, I was looking for a peaceful vacation with my partner, so I would recommend the hotel to set reasonable expectations and advertise itself as more of a family resort.
2. Wasps — thank God I brought a book, because I was using it to chase away the wasps that were trying to get into my plate every time I had lunch or breakfast. While I understand that wasps are a force of nature, the hotel could have taken some measurements to ensure the guests’ comfort (we went to another place earlier, and they put a smoking plate on our table, to chase away the insects)
3. “Private outdoor jacuzzi” not so private — we got a room with a private outdoor jacuzzi. “Not too shabby” you’d think. Turns out, the jacuzzi was isolated only with a few wooden planks.
4. Food at Bubo (the fine dining restaurant where the Chef is in top 10 in Greece) was mediocre

THE VERDICT:
I loved staying at Ekies, but if I return, I would only do so only on a family vacation — it is not the place for a peaceful getaway. And only after the hotel takes measures against the hordes of wasps.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

You should go at this hotel only if you like:
1. making a reservation for a room and at the arrival being told that you do not have a room since they have never seen the reservation ()
2. not having cleaned the room 2 days in a row
arriving in your room and not having cleaned towels or any shower gel 2 days in a row (!!!)
3. being mocked in a foreign language by the reception personel after asking them to have the above on a daily basis

Finally, I have accepted being accomodated in an appartment together with another family (my reservation was for a room for 2 people, not 5 as we were accomodated). Also, in an attempt to save the day, the hotel offered and I have accepted a free lunch (that was nice, but not enough to cover the above inconveniences...).

Date of stay: September 2019
NikosMargaritis, Γενικός Διευθυντής at Ekies All Senses Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Buraka,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience.

First of all we would like deeply to apologize for the mistake that happened with your booking.

Indeed you made a booking for one Junior Suite and one Superior Room through our booking engine. However to due a system glitch the booking for the Superior Room was never received by us. We can't apologize enough about this inconvenience.

However upon arrival we tried to find the best suitable solution for this unfortunate incident. We offered the option of reallocating the "non received" room into another property, or to accommodate both reservations in one Family Suite with private pool.

You though however didn't wanted to be reallocated to another property and decided to stay all together in the Family Suite with private pool. By the way this room offers two separate bedrooms with two separate bathrooms and a living room. The cost though excides way much more than the cost of your original booking ( and we only charged the Junior Suite)

Both you and your relative agreed with this solution. In fact your relative was really happy throughout his stay.

No doubt the mistake lies with the Hotel and we would like to apologize.

However we find it a little bit "unfair" to read such a review although we tried everything possible in order to make things right.

Once more please accept our apologize for the system glitch.

Should you require any further information I personally remain at your disposal for any further information. You can contact me at manager@ekies.gr

With kind regards,