“Enchanting”

Ekies All Senses Resort
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Vourvourou
“Enchanting”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We had a 10-day dream vacation in Ekies. We loved our family suite and enjoyed the hotel commodities and unique design. The modern design of the hotel is respectful of the place and very elegant. The breakfast is very rich. The place is ideal for visiting the area and actually the only daily issue was to decide to which of the delicious beaches of the area we should go. Boat trips are also recommended (one individual and the other to the Mont Athos area). A perfect place for sun and sea vacation.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Irene E

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Greek first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Europe
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Ekies is a very sweet hotel with beautiful garden. It is not a typical Greek hotel, but more contemporary place to stay. We booked a superior apartment, which surprised us with very unusual decoration - our bed with baldachins was placed on a podium in the centre of the room. There wasn't a bath actually, but a placed with a shower hidden by baldachins. There was also a very nice porch with Jacuzzi. I saw also the standard rooms which seemed to me a bit small for 4* vacation hotel.
Uncomfortable for me was the noise coming from other rooms, it sounded like door is open. The hotel was opend a day before our check-in and there was a smell of paint and the water was so chlorinated that two days we couldn't use it even for teeth brushing. The hotel staff should do the maintenance before welcoming their guests.
I booked the room via online tool and when we were checking-out the receptionist asked 35 eur more per overnight. Finally after 30 minutes of waiting we didn't pay the new price, but it the situation was an unpleasant surprise for us. So because of these few things I would say I expected more in terms of service and would mark as "didn't like".

The breakfast was great, variety of foods and everything very tasty. We didn’t check the a-la-carte restaurant as they didn't have fish for dinner…
I also didn't try the SPA services, so can't rate them as well.
The hotel is located in very picturesque place but I would recommend not to stay at hotel’s beach but to visit the bigger one that is 150m away.
The Vourvour is a very quiet place, it is more like a village. So if you prefer more party atmosphere, you have to look for another place. This area is quiet and wild, no shops and bars along the beach.
I recommend the hotel for a long relaxing weekend.

Room Tip: small standard rooms, better to book superiour room or apartment
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank travellerinv
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

First of all I want to demand any negative recension about this hotel. People who are able to do so about this very special place dont have appreciation for nature, design and beautiful things in life. It is not a matter of a personal taste, but a unversal sense of beautiful. This place got it all. Secluded between the pine trees, the owners created a tasteful design meka with a lot of respect for the nature. Everything is perfect, de design of the resort, the situation on the private powder sandy beach with cristal clear water, hidden in a bay, the pine forest behind, the smell of orange blossom, the restaurant, the food (truly mediteranian diet), the stuff. Special thanks to the owners who took us around with their boat to show us the area. And not from a commercial point of view, but from respect that we appreciate their place. The owners are designers, educated in London, with a great sense of taste and awarness for the nature. The stuff is very professional, modest and very polite.
I would like to keep secret this jewel, but I am writing this for the sake of those who try to scetch a wrong picture of this heaven. The place is literally nurishment for all senses!

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
10 Thank Irina S
Malmo
Reviewed October 15, 2012

This place is even better than I had hoped for, we had read a few negative reviews on here and I wrote to check we were in a good room, I was told that all the rooms had been renovated, I think those negative ones must have been before they did this. We had the fortune of trying out 2 rooms, one on the top floor of the main building, one of the Loft Suites, it was charming and very nicely designed, amazingly comfy beds made with bamboo, our balcony looked out onto the ocean and was as private as we could have hoped for, not shared as I was worried about from a previous comment, I didn't see any that were, so that must be another re-furbishment change.
We then got an upgrade when I asked about trying another room, it was to a Luxury Pool Suite, this was very nice, with a massive bed, balcony looking onto the pool and a jacuzzi in the bathroom, with a separate room with a sofa and TV, though I have to say, the loft suite had as many great features, even if it wasn't as grand as the Luxury Suite, it made up for it's lack of grandeur with plenty of charm with white washed beams in the roof and marble in the shower and bathroom area.
The rest of the hotel design is outstanding, the beach bar and restaurant are filled with amazing chairs that pop with pastel colours against the white washed floors and other furniture. Down on the beach there are comfy soft beds to sunbathe on and the hammock in the sea is a must for getting some instagram envy from your friends! : )
We're definitely going back, next time we'd like to try the bungalow Suites down by the beach, they look like little cottages and have a similar charm to the Loft Suites I think.
The only down side, which wasn't one particularly, was the gym was very basic, just a running machine (runs around the local headland were far more fun though!) a bike machine and some weights, I was really hoping for a leg press machine for some physio I had planned...but that's just a personal note there, it would have been fine any other time.
Another note, rent a car, you can drive down the road to the Orange Beach, it's absolutely beautiful and deserted early and late season, white sand and turquoise sea, the only other place I've seen beaches so beautiful was Mexico, I couldn't believe this was in Europe!!
Another nice beach is 1 min walk from the hotel, perfect for a pre breakfast swim in the morning....then BREAKFAST, it's amazing, an array of food to choose from on the buffet and a chef that will cook up pancakes, eggs and ommelette for you too.
Seriously, believe the pictures, this place is brilliant and an absolute set in an amazing location full of beautiful nature, thank god for nature reserves, I'm so happy to have found somewhere in Europe like this.

Room Tip: Go on the site and check room rates for each type of room, there are 4 or 5 to choose from, but I wo...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
8 Thank GSea
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed October 10, 2012

What a wonderful stay. Very relaxing indeed.
Dimitri at the reception always tried to accomplish our "needs" and he was very friendly, a pleasure talking to him.
Because the room we booked was much smaller than we thought, we decided to upgrade in the honey moon suite which was amazing. The food was also very good, dinner and breakfast. We ate a lot.
the staff was friendly, but I have to say that sometimes I was left impressed by the bad mood of the girls working in the service / bar / restaurant. It is the end of the season probably they were just very tired.
I will definitively come again as soon as possible!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank sandra r
Reviewed October 10, 2012 via mobile

All senses are used! Very nice, relaxing place with ok food but very friendly staff! Rooms are very creative and nicely done! Beach is small but very clean and nice at sunset times! Boat trips are very recommended, few tavernas nearby and romanic beaches close to resort! I will be back for sure!

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Lo P
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Very nice boutique hotel with original design at a very beautiful area (very green and beautiful sea). The staff was very helpful and friendly as well as the manager of the hotel who was very perceptive to the clients' needs. Eleftheria Brussels

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Eleftheria N
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vourvourou
Acrotel Athena Pallas Village
#2 of 4 in Vourvourou
Acrotel Elea Village
Acrotel Elea Village
#5 of 45 in Sithonia

Been to Ekies All Senses Resort? Share your experiences!