“Nice Hotel.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Hotel Vergos
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Vourvourou
“Nice Hotel.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

A nice hotel, nice, clean rooms with sea view, equipped with everything you need.
Rooms are cleaning every 3 days, towels changed and when.
The balcony was quite large and had a table and 2 chairs.
Breakfast was buffet style Swedish, quite rich.
The beach is small but clean.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Mimi M

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012

The location is quite great, the hotel has a private beach and the rooms have sea-view, but the best thing about it is the restaurant of the hotel witch is called Gousto
The manager is very, very friendly, he knows how to make you feel welcomed, the food they serve is very very good, including great pizzas

Totally, totally recommended, we've been here 3 times and loved every single dish we've ordered. Great choice to eat not only in Vourvourou, but for Sithonia in general!

Room Tip: Try the sword-fish if you like sea-food, the pizza is also great!!!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Mircea S
Skopje, Republic of Macedonia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2010

I found this hotel on internet. I liked what I saw on the pictures and I send a mail to check the price and the conditions.
I was told very clear that the price is generally 72 euro, but that they will MAKE A OFFER TO US of 60 euro that: " includes A/C, satellite TV, safe , telephone refrigerator, a toilette, dryer hair, and a balcony with a sea view. Also they wrote: "The offer that I can make you is It costs is 60euro included room, breakfast, per day , for 2 adults"

IT WAS VERY CLEARLY WRITTEN, AND WE UNDERSTOOD THE CONDITIONS VERY CLEAR!!!

But, for to be 100% sure that we understood all the conditions, and the price, I wrote back a mail in witch, one by one wrote all the conditions, including that the price of 60 euro per day for a room for 2 adults, includes the breakfast. Then I received the mail from Foula that our reservation is ok (I am keeping all the mails) and she asked 100 euro deposit to be send to them by Western Union, and I did that!!.
After I send the money, I got mail from Foula, writing to me that they received the money and that the price is 60 euro without breakfast!!!??!!!! I immediately reacted, and I have been told that the in the first mail that they send to me they did typing mistake???!!!!! and that “ everyone would understand that the price with the breakfast is of course the higher one,(72euro) than the price which only includes the room per day(60)”.!! WOW!!!!??!! I was shocked!!
I wrote them back that this:
“IT WAS VERY CLEARLY WRITTEN, AND WE UNDERSTOOD THE CONDITIONS VERY CLEAR!!! And there could not be typing mistake!!. WE ACCEPTED YOUR OFFER AS YOU WROTE, AND WE SEND YOU THE MONEY FOR DEPOSIT.
IF THE CONDITION WERE AS YOU ARE CHANGING THEM NOW, WE WOULD HAVE NOT ACCEPTED THEM BECAUSE WE HAD BETTER OFFERS.NOW OUR ARRIVAL DAY IS VERY CLOSE, AND I ALREADY REFUSED OTHER OFFERS (BECAUSE I THOUGHT WE AGREED AND WE CONFIRMED), PLUS I SENT YOU MONEY (I PAYED COMMISSION TO WESTERN UNION TOO) AND NOW, YOU ARE CHANGING THE CONDITIONS!??!!
I THINK THIS IS NOT FAIR!
I THINK THE FAIR ACTION IS TO KEEP YOUR WORD AS WE AGREED, AND FOR THE FUTURE TO BE MORE CAREFUL WHEN YOU ARE GIVING OFFER, SPECIALLY WHEN YOU ARE ASKING DEPOSIT UPON IT (FOR TO CONFIRM EACH OTHER CONDITIONS AS WE AGREED).

I HOPE YOU WILL KEEP YOUR PROMISES AS YOU GAVE TO US, AND WE WILL ENJOY OUR HOLIDAY THAT WE NEED SO MUCH AFTER YEAR FULL WITH WORKLOADS:)”
So today is Tuesday 17th August 2010, and our holiday should start at Sunday 22nd August, I do not have other option then to go to Hotel Vergos!!! We will see what will happen there!!! For sure I will let you know if there will be happy end or not (for us of course!!:)

Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
16 Thank Andriana044
Paris, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2010

We stayed in this hotel for one week at the end of July 2010 : the hotel is clean, rooms are confortable, our room with sea view was fantastic. Food is excellent, whatever you take, you can be sure it will be delicious and enough for 2 persons. Portions, and in particular pizzas, are so huge!
But the staff working there was particularly unhappy, not glad to receive us. The boss of the hotel is often there : he doesn't offer you any coffee or anything else when you come in, he never says hello at the morning... We were really disappointed from these persons, otherwise the hotel is ok, also the swimming pool, also the food... Please note that we were surprised that rooms are not cleaned every day!
Vourvourou is not famous for long walking areas : there is nothing around (except from other hotels or apartments), just 2 or 3 restaurants (lower level than the hotel's one).
The private beach of the hotel is very small : pratically you will try it one day, but the other days you will go for sure to the "Kalamitsi beach" which is fantastic (less than 1km from the hotel, so one minut by car). Not so far from Vourvourou, I'd also suggest Sarti which also has a beautiful beach/see

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank skodd
Bucharest
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2010

Very nice...very good private beach and swimming pool. Great pizza !!!
Dimitri (owner son) is a nice guy ! And a hardworker....

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank cparaschiv
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2009

I have stayed in Vergos hotel from Vourvourou at the beginning of July 2009 and the place definitely worth mention it.
The hotel is very clean, the rooms with sea view are quite large and clean, you have a small (20m long) beach and the emerald waters are in front of your eyes all the time.
The hotel has a small pool which is good only for kids in my opinion and also a very nice restaurant where you can serve the breakfast but also delicious dinners. The pizza (huge and tasty one) is a must there as well as the sea food.
Be aware that the lady who owns the place and stays at the reception doesn't know english (I think she knows german though).
If you decide to go to Vergos, don't hesitate, it really worths the money.

2 Thank TeoPaul
Skopje
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2009

We found this hotel on internet. Also, our friends went to Greece (we are from Republic of Macedonia so it really close) one day to check this hotel in Vourvourou. They were very pleased and have made reservations for themselves by paying EUR100 advance. We decided to make reservations via e-mail. Apparently the son of the owners knows english, however not very well. We have aggreed with him via e-mail to reserve 2 studios for certain period by paying EUR200 for the 2 studios by Western Union. We informed him that we made the payment and he confirmed that he received the money.
But.....after 4 and a half hours driving with a 16 months old we were told at the hotel that they have only one studio reserved- they said that they thought that the EUR200 were for one studio! We were soooo angry!
We were lucky to find better apartment for lower price just across the street in Maria apartments. With great balcony and close to the beach.

Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
6 Thank ANAMACEDONIA
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vourvourou
Ekies All Senses Resort
Hotel Porfi Beach
Hotel Porfi Beach
#4 of 10 in Nikiti
Anthemus Sea Beach Hotel & Spa

Been to Hotel Vergos? Share your experiences!