“hotel letsos review”
Review of Hotel Letsos

Hotel Letsos
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Alykanas
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I have recently stayed at the Letsos hotel in alykanas Zante. I would like to say that the only decent part of this hotel was the beds. On entry to the room, it was full of mosquitoes so please do take precautions with you and definitely take bug spray with you. Throughout the duration of my 2 week stay, I only had one change of sheets and towels. The Bin in the bathroom was not emptied daily and the lack of toilet roll was diabolical. The pool area very clean but as for returning to these apartments I would not under no circumstances return and I would not recommend these rooms to any body.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank Sonia Looneytun... T

Reviewed September 9, 2013

We stayed at the Letsos hotel in Aug 2013, on a self catering basis but were disappointed with the lack of provisions to do so. Small things, a working fridge would have been nice,a kettle ? A bread knife. A clean kitchen area, we know we were in grease as it was obvious from the state of the cooking/ food prep area ! Small greasy hand impressions on the surfaces,windows from the previous occupants. Just required the cleaner/maid to spend an extra 5 mins in the room between customers and it would have been lovely, oh and not to use the same cloth to clean the rooms,glass tends to smear.
I did mention all these problems to reception to take on board as the family that run the hotel are lovely and I did get a brand new fridge after two days !
It is their staff that are letting the hotel down !
Over all a good holiday here and would return if the above moans were rectified, they love it when you try to speak in Greek.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Arrived 5am with 5 other families, so 20+ people, no one to show us to our rooms. Owner arrives charming man (NOT), he upset us all, 100 euros for aircon, 30 euros for a safe. First day at pool side, discovered everyone had had a run in with owner.....The hotel, everything leaked, every tap, toilet, sink & shower leaked. we paid £500 a person so expected at least to be close to each other and a level of comfort...not, the mattresses were stuffed with lumps or tuffs of grass, or something. sheets of card board, or torn, pillows as thin as glass.....We have done Greece before, but not been done in Greece before...Seriously dont go here....every restaurant not owned by the owner of Letsos knew the place was a hole....Thing is the market, car rentals most of the place is owned by this guy, so you cant avoid lining the devils pockets....Zante though was good...But og to Alykez next time, away from this ripoff. Also we are a family of 6, needed 2 rooms, but as far a part as we could be, so my children & wife in one room and children & I in another....we were also located ABOVE the night club..seriously the owner couldn't have planned to tick us off anymore if he tried

3  Thank Ben B
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We just returned from our vacation in Alykanas today. I know I would mostly repeat what was already highlighted here many times, but I can't help it and must post a review, because I was shocked.
Overall, the island is beatiful with very spectatulas beaches and little villages in the mountains. The beach in Alykanas is great for families with children with many restaurants, bars, car rentals and all kind of activities.

If you are some kind of "masochist", go for hotel Letsos. Seriously, I never saw any owner of some business who would hate his customers so much. Of course we had troubles with cold water, toillet did not flush, A/C did not work properly, the towels and bed sheets looked like 30 years old, etc. etc. But to me, the worst was the totally ignorant attitude of the owner. He loves the sentence "I'm busy now, one hour later." If you wanted attention, you really needed to look very determined and not to give up.

The very first day we learned that all the rooms were fully booked (we were not the only ones), so we had to stay in the appartmet cca 15 walk, which means 25 minutes walk to the beach, but the apartment was actually quite nice and we got some money back from our travel agent (not sure if she got it back from the hotel). Anyways, there does not seem to be online booking system and apparently there is a mess with reservations, everything was done manually on paper.

Food was bellow average I would say, very fatty and little choice.

To sum up, I don't think there is a good value for money, but location is fantastic. On the other hand, at least we have various experience from our vacation, we were not bored at all:)

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Petr N
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We have just stayed at Letsos Hotel...last week in July 2013. We paid £300 per person for a week for a "family duplex apartment"....priced at £586 per person on the Thomson website. We arrived very early morning to find a pretty decent looking reception area....when the owner eventually arrived he was very very rude indeed...grunted rather than spoke! His first words to us was to ask for 100 euros for air-con - we said no thankyou. We were told we had two choices and were shown "them" by the English night security man. Up a wobbly external staircase we were shown 2 studios...we refused to accept these rooms as we had booked a family room and back to reception we went. The owner then said ok another room, and we were escorted up a second wobbly external staircase to a "two beddded room" - even the security guard said this should not be a family room as we might find it quite noisy because of the bar across the road. we did decide to accept this room and our holiday began. As it went dark the first night there we realised no lights work and were told to fit our own light bulbs.....on the 3rd day they eventually sent an electrician and it wasn't until day 4 we had lights!!!! The self catering is limited to a fridge and being able to make a brew really....the hob was bad and we had glasses and plates enough for 1 person and there were 4 of us.....for families wanting to cook it is a no-no! No curtains to keep the sun out or bedroom two, so had to carry two beds into the other room and all sleep together and a window that didn't lock. Then there was the night nose - a drinks bar right across the road, underneath the bedroom/balcony window...3 o'clock in the morning!!!!! The cleaner came once, clean towels once ( sort of clean) and no clean sheets for 8 nights. But what I will say is that Alykanas is gorgeous, one of the nicest beaches we have been to, very clean, safely shallow, clear water - we had a fantastic day out on a hired boat to explore the coastline - highly recommended!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Paul n U
Reviewed August 26, 2013

The positives:- Hotel looks great from outside, good size pool, always get sun beds, food from bar as good as any restaurant and good value for money (staff could be rude at times), good location to beach etc.(lovely sandy beach)

I have done cheap and cheerful holidays before so my expectations were not high.

The negatives :- the accommodation is so bad it's laughable. Started with the cost of air-con while at reception (200 euro's for 21 nights), then spent the whole 3 weeks complaining it didn't work (was given a free fan though). Very limited utilities (we were self catering), the hot plate did not get hot enough to boil a cup of water (waited 18 minutes and gave up). The third bed so bad my son slept on the floor. Drain backed up every time you used the shower, flooded the bathroom and the hallway. One of my son's decided to have a bath one evening, after pulling the plug to drain the water, he literally flooded the whole apartment (imagine a bath full of water on your living room floor) The shower tap had a constant leak of hot water, started as a small drip, by the time we left it was like someone had left the tap on. It became that bad that it burnt your leg when having a shower (one positive, at least we had hot water unlike most other guest we spoke to). The toilet stopped working, after flushing the tank would not refill, had to use the kettle(we had to pay for to get boiling water) to fill it, took four days to get repaired. The maid did try her best cleaning, but not up to standard (not a major problem, after buying some cleaning materials I did it myself).
At a restaurant one evening, the staff laughed when I told them where I was staying, they called it the Animal Zoo, due to the mosquito's and mice. I definitely suffered from the mosquito's (bit every night) but no mice. Other guests said they did have mice (hard to believe but true).

As well as similar issues as myself, other guests complained of no hot water, some no water at all, some apartments the electricity went off continuously (not power cuts as you would expect).

If all you need your apartment for is to store your clothes, then I would recommend it, otherwise steer clear.

Overall a great shame as I'm sure that at one time this was a great hotel, but it is now worn out with no money spent on maintenance, not sure how its maintained its 3 star rating.

If you can't avoid, at least be prepared for what you are going to experience.

4  Thank corn927
Reviewed August 24, 2013

My dear fellow human beings,it is a short message for all of you,Alykanas is a beautiful,beautiful little place,with usual Greek hospitality,beautiful tavernas and amazing beach.Our experience with Letsos hotel was unfortunately totally different experience.We had two rooms booked and stayed 15 nights .
We knew from our travel agent that air conditioning is locally charged and that wasn't our complaint,we paid 200 euros on the arrival ,Yannis was at reception and was quite friendly when he was welcoming us,he spoke good English .Our issue in one room(Room1) was that air conditioning wasn't working as air conditioning unit but as a fan just blowing air, so in the morning we were covered in sweat,in other room(Room2) air con couldn't be adjusted,various remote controls that we were given didn't work,so it could be only be switched on trough a fuse box which was at the entrance to the room and was on only one setting which made room freezing ,so in order to switch it off you had to go to the fuse box and do it.Just for the people who are not familiar with air con units to explain that air con unit has remote control where you set your desired temperature and air con unit automatically maintains that desired temperature.Another issue with this room was that you didn't really need a key to enter it ,all you had to do was push the door ,and it would open!
Now when we had to deal with this issues we met different person at reception,it was the same guy Yannis,but now he acted as he didn't speak English so well (we later learned that he is infamous for this)and was defending all our complaints with a raised aggressive voice and in the manner as we are at his inconvenience and that we should cope with this because hotel is full and that he can't help.He agreed after lengthy argument that he will change room2 to another room in one day,for room1 his son came and changed setting on remote control and said that is the reason why it didn't cool.
After second night I realized that room1 air con wasn't fixed with change of setting and the unit was still only blowing air.
I told this following morning to Yannis who raised the bar of aggressiveness and told me how I always have problems .I was then given the keys to swap room2 for the other one,and that room was different building around 100 meters away,when me and my dad came to open the door,we couldn't , the key wouldn't open the lock.When I came back ,he told me that previous people could get in so how I can't?,and that he can't help me as his helper is sleeping I need to come back in half hour...Just to mention that I came all the way from the beach to swap the room and that my parents suitcases were 100 meters away in front of the room that we can't open ,so what he wanted us to do was ,to come back from there and wait at reception for his helper to wake up!!!....After another lengthy argument he gave me a master key!!!YES that can open any other door in the hotel!!
We entered the room ,and first thing I checked was air con unit ,it was the same issue as in room1 ,it was only blowing air...
He was furious when I told him this and then he called me crazy(shouting) and that I only have problems,he then asked for master key back,and sent his helper who was now awake to check why we cant open the room.He was playing with a key and a door lock for a 2-3 minutes ,pushing the key in and out endless times ,he bent the key in the process and finally opened the door,then looked at me and as he wasn't speaking any English he shrugged his shoulders as to say,what's the problem I opened the door.I couldn't believe this,I came back to reception,and I demanded for the lock to be fixed,Yannis called his daughter as he was pretending not to speak English very well who told me that i shouldn't expect them to change the lock that costs 200 euros just because we have problem going inside the room!!!,and then Yannis came with solution which should sum up my experience,he bent down under reception desk and gave me WD40 to go and oil the lock.Let me repeat this,I was given WD40 on my holiday,to fix the door lock of my hotel room!!!This was so humiliating ..I didn't have or wasn't given any other option ,as far as they were concerned his helper opened the room,so if I want to make it better my dear fellow human beings I was given WD40,and went back to the room and was oiling door lock and spent next 30 minutes opening the room......WD40 made things better,and we had to oil bathroom window lock as well as that was hard to open too...I stopped talking to Yannis after that and my only communications was with English lady Mel who doesn't have any power there,but at least she was polite and understanding,and managed to persuade Yanisse's son to check our air con unit one more time,after 5th day he finally acknowledged that our air con doesn't work and agreed to call repair man.On our 7th air con was finally fixed .Unfortunately that is not all.. another big issue is that this hotel seems to have problems with electricity supply,our room1 electricity was cutting off 2-3 times a night,I wouldn't be surprised that this was deliberate act,because when i asked English lady who had room next to us ,she didn't have the same issue...
Linen was changed only once during our 15 nights holiday,towels only twice.
For the sake of this hotel as it's family run business Yannis needs to be removed from the reception and let someone else be in charge.Hotel also needs to invest in maintenance of air con units and other important things such as locks and hinges.Linen needs to be changed twice a week as well as towels,also kettle needs to be standard equipment and full set of cutlery for the people who want to do self catering,otherwise this hotel is going to lose all hotel suppliers,we learned that last year hotel lost Thomas Cook,and they clearly didn't learned the lesson.
However we had this experience it still makes me sad that hotel with such potential is being ill managed and I hope that this hotel family will persuade Yannis that he leaves managing hotel to people who know how!Great ,great shame.
We will definitely visit Alykanas again ,but until things change in Letsos hotel ,we will have to find alternative accommodation,and we hope that one day we can stay in this hotel again when things change to the better.
Thank you for reading and be in love.

6  Thank HopeForBetter2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alykanas
Plessas Palace Hotel
#4 of 8 in Alykanas
Mabely Grand Hotel
Mabely Grand Hotel
#1 of 2 in Kampi

Been to Hotel Letsos? Share your experiences!