1,270 results
All reviews thomson reps kids club alykanas village lemon tree snack bar evening entertainment water park beach pool next year family resort self catering ice cream air con stray dogs soft play area young children horse and cart
Reviewed July 8, 2016 via mobile

Just returned from an enjoyable 7 night stay here, booked through Thomson, with my wife and 2 year old son. The location of the hotel is fantastic, right on a beautiful sandy beach. Close to the small village resort of Alykanas. The hotel's 3 main pools are well kept. Our 2 year old son also loved the slides in the splash park especially. The hotel was clean throughout. Our room was comfortable with great seat views. The only downside was the bathroom, in need of updating and our was very small for a family to use.

Hotel staff were all very attentive. At times a they were a little stretched, especially at the pool snack bar around lunchtime with sometimes + 20 minute waits for cooked food, but sandwiches were available to grab and go. Sometimes there were long queues for drinks. The optional taverna evening was nice, but again short staffed. But we were on holiday and were in no major hurry.

The family life reps Georgia and Adriana were great. The entertainment team at the hotel were also brilliant, they all worked so hard! Especially wearing the Bamse Bear and Thomson Dog costumes in the mid-afternoon heat to entertain the kids! Overall I'd say the entertainment was mainly geared to younger children, which my son enjoyed greatly.

Food at the hotel was generally very good. There were plenty of options at the buffet at all meal times. Something for everyone. We did eat out one evening, just to visit a local taverna for an authentic Greek experience.

Overall a good hotel, very family oriented in a beautiful seafront location. Would recommend.

Reviewed July 8, 2016 via mobile

Myself husband and 3 girls 7,5 and 2 and my mum and dad stayed in the hotel from 19th June to 4th July 2016
On arrival
We got to the hotel at 9pm and was quickly checked in.
Room
We were in 401 and 402. The room was clean and tidy when we arrived. the room had a small partition between the beds for a little privacy. There was fridge in the room stocked with water on arrival (you can get more free bottled water at any of the bars or fill empties up at the breakfast hall). The veranda was spacious with table and chairs over looking the pool although we had a tree outside our room.
Rooms were cleaned daily and towels replace when we left them in the bath (watch out for wet floors in room as when cleaned are left quite wet I slipped a few times) we used the bed runners to lay on the floor so the kids wouldn't slip. Bathroom was small but it didn't bother me was easy enougth to bath the kids.
Breakfast was fab lots of choice porridge was lovely. Dinner chips pasta pizza and burgers always available and lots more to choose from I don't think I had the same meal twice. they had a kids counter that had fish fingers, chicken nuggets and plain chicken fillets. Pudding were nice lots of nutty cakes ice cream is always on offer.
Pool
We sat by the activity pool most of the times as my oldest two could reach the bottom. Lots of floats and inflatables around and you could buy them from the on site minimart. pool games at 3pm music on through out the day. The pool bar was nice to sit at to get out of the sun and have a cold drink you could also get snacks and ice cream from there but we were always to stuffed from dinner. There were plenty of sun loungers some had birds poo on them but we're hosed down in the mornings. belongings on reserved loungers before 10am were taken to reception unless you were on them. You can get beach towels from reception to hire for a deposit of €5 I wish I'd know this so I'd have had more room in the suit cases
Beach
was lovely although could have done with some sun umbrellas we went there mostly in the evenings check the swap box by reception some people had left umbrellas they had brought in there. Water was warm and shallow.

Overall we had an amazing time and can't wait to go back the staff were welcoming kept the kids busy and worked bloody hard there were a few teething problems like the pool cleaning could have been started a little earlier as they were often cleaning around us. And alot of the pathways flooded when we had a thunderstorm but as the hotel only just reopened I'm sure these things would get sorted

Date of stay: June 2016
5  Thank KateKevWales
Reviewed July 5, 2016 via mobile

We absolutely love it here. Will be going back again next year. The location is perfect and the staff are really friendly and welcoming. Next year can't come quick enough. The village is small, but has plenty of tavernas. We had lovely food every night and the cost was very reasonable. The Dionyssis was our favourite highly recommended. If you want to experience 'real' Greece this is the place to go. See you next year guys.x

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
7  Thank Alex L
Reviewed July 4, 2016

I have just returned from this Hotel with my Family and was very disappointed with it.
It felt more like a butlins resort. The rooms we were allocated were next to the reception on the ground floor opposite the dirt track and bins, the room was spacious but the floor was dirty and there were ants every where,the bathroom was small and needed updating the toilet disgusting, we had to ask if we could get it cleaned after the third day as no one had been in to clean the bathroom, make the beds or change the towels. We looked out onto a courtyard of lots of apartments,which were really noisy with so many people being so close together.
We had requested a sea view however the reception wouldn`t change the room even though I was prepared to pay for an upgrade they said I would need to speak to Thomsons direct. Then to top it all the two rooms we had flooded with sewerage,.disgusting! and still we couldn`t change rooms.
The restaurant or should I say "café" was a shambles there were hardly any staff, the tables weren't cleared quick enough so you couldn't find a clean table there were no table cloths, no change of cutlery once you used them, you had to find some more yourself. the young staff that were there were rushed off their feet. Dont expect to dress up for your evening meal either as most people wear day clothes or beach clothes,we took our usual evening wear and felt over dressed. we ate out on three occasions due to the poor food, it was the same food almost every day..
The breakfasts were okay, so were the lunch time meals, you could also get pitza or a bagette at the taverna which also doubled up for an evening meal one per person per holiday.which personally I wouldn't bother. .No table cloths no meet and greet just sit down and wait for the waiter who also works on the bar in the day also don't forget to keep your knife and fork back after you have used it for your starter as you need if for your mains.
The evening entertainment was atrocious, It was okay for the under 5s and nothing after about 9pm. The pool bar served beer spirits and water all in plastic cups and a choice of just a couple of cocktails also served in plastic cups and closed at about 10pm.We sat at a small area outside next to the reception one day and asked for a coffee only to be told it was e3.50,I hadn't taken any money to the coffee bar as I didnt expect to pay when its AL.
There are no shampoos,or,conditioners, etc in the room so make sure you take your own, I didn't have a hair dryer in my room either however my Daughters did.
The good bit about the hotel, it has a beach and it is lovely.The sea is clear and its ideal for little ones.They also have a couple of nice pools. This hotel is most definitely not 4*, someone from Thomsons needs to go and stay there to regrade it.I most definitely wont go back again.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
12  Thank vanessa319
Reviewed July 3, 2016 via mobile

Just home from a two week holiday with friends and family, lovely location, hotel great and staff so friendly, had a seaview room which was massive and cleaned daily. Food was excellent plenty of choice for me and kids. I would say even entertainment is geared for young children we only went once and didnt stay long. I think since going all inclusive the hotel has overcome any teething problems it may have had and it will just get better and better. Will definately be returning in the future and would recommend this hotel

10  Thank Jane L