“Lovey Staff and Atmosphere”
Review of La Caretta

La Caretta
Ranked #24 of 35 Restaurants in Alykanas
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
London
“Lovey Staff and Atmosphere”
Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

Lovely place, staff really friendly.
The range if good choice was brilliant. We went for traditional Greek dishes and we weren't disappointed, very nice. The only downside we found was that everything came with chips!

• Greek first
Littlehampton, United Kingdom
“very disappointed terriable food and service.”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

whet to this restaurant in September 2013 and I had salmon it had so many bones in it I couldn't eat it , they mixed up ordered, a friend had spicy chicken had no flavour and when complained just said they were tired, the wine had been corked, worse meal and service ever had in Alykanas and I wouldn't recommend to any one, I would never eat there again.

• Visited September 2013
4 Thank penolope_pitstop
Norwich, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“BEST IN ALYKANAS”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I return every year and have never been disappointed at La-Caretta. A very friendly restaurant with very friendly and helpful staff. The food in my opinion is the best in Alykanas this year.I would recommend the lamb, the beef and pork here as some of the restaurants can be grissly (but all of the menu is good, I have tried nearly all of it).

“Great Food..!”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

We visited this Taverna three times during our one week stay in Alykanas and each time it provided the best meals we had during our holiday.
Our favourite meal was the Zante Lamb although no meal was ever a disappointment. Staff were friendly, helpful and great with kids too. More importantly they don't overly harass you when you walk past!!
The food is all cooked to order and comes in good time. We were also given complimentary desserts on each visit and free ice cream for our little one too!
My husband noticed that portion sizes did vary as did accompaniments to your meal (for example one night the Kleftico came with roast potatoes and veg yet another night it came without).
Overall a lovely taverna with a fantastic menu and very reasonably priced.

Bassaleg
“Very Good Indeed”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Wish we hadn't left this one to the last night of our holiday. Hubby had La Carretta special salad to start then 'pork in the oven'. I had fried aubergines and then fillet steak ala crema. Both were excellent. Service was very efficient but not rushed. The house wine was very good and we were given 2 free half carafes! We finished off with greek yoghurt, nuts, fruit and honey then back to our apartment to lie like a starfish for an hour!

Did take 2 photos of our starters on my mobile and when/if I figure out how to transfer them, I'll attach...but don't hold your breath on that one!