“Best pizza in Alykanas - seemed very popular”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of La Caretta

La Caretta
Ranked #13 of 35 Restaurants in Alykanas
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Essex, United Kingdom
“Best pizza in Alykanas - seemed very popular”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

We enjoyed eating here. My daughter's pizza was splendid! The service was good and it seemed very popular, with many people not being able to get a table which I didn't notice anywhere else. The play area is modern. The food was very good and between us we had a salad, pizza and a meat dish - all very nice and would recommend a visit here.

• Visited August 2013

• Greek first
Newcastle, England, United Kingdom
“Total Gem”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

On all of my visits to Alykanas, I had always given La Caretta a wide berth. I don't know why - because it looks far superior to the other restaurants & it was always extremely busy.

This year, I went, and I'm so pleased I did. The food is fantastic. I had the mixed grill & the meat was cooked to perfection. Service was fast & the staff were lovely.

Free bread as soon as you walk in and free wine. Service with a smile. Food is priced excellently (very cheap) and it's very typically greek in taste.

Perfect after a day at the beach. Kids are catered for, they have the best kids playground in the whole of Alykanas with a variety of toys (most suited to small kids & toddlers).

Will definitely be returning.

• Visited June 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Good but don't judge a book by its cover”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

I might be marking this place up slightly. We ate here just once on our trip, I had the lamb kleftiko, I'm no expert on how this should be cooked but in my opinion I'd had much nicer at other restaurants.

Having said that it is a nice place to eat, looks a bit more upmarket than others but don't let that fool you as some of the more simple restaurants were lovely!

I don't think that they encourage smoking as they don't put ashtrays out, but some guy next to us asked for one and decided to have his roll up right as we started our meal which put me right off. But that isn't really the restaurants fault.

All in all I still think it's worth a visit. The play area and decor probably swung it for me from average to good.

“Great find !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

We have been holidaying in alykanas for 7 years now and this year discovered the La Carretta restaurant . The staff were really welcoming and the food was fabulous. I would recommend the Zante chicken and the chicken souvlaki. My son had the mixed grill 3 nights in the trott. . . . .

Malton, United Kingdom
“Staff very abrupt and food was very poor.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

My daughter had garlic mussels which were very over cooked and so salty, tasted like they had used garlic salt instead of fresh garlic. When we compained to the waitress she said that mussels were naturally salty as they came out of the sea....like we didn't know that! Without even asking we got 15% discount. Would not recommend