“we made the right choice!!”

Plessas Palace Hotel
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Alykanas
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We stayed here for a week in June. There were us and 2 other couples. The hotel is on the edge of town so a bit of a walk to the beach but we loved it. It was nice to be away from everyone else. It was very quiet and relaxing. Happy hour in the afternoon was a must for us, we'd always come back to a couple beers and some olives. Great value and the olives were grown by the son, Nicos. Yummy. Loved them. The family that ran the hotel were very sweet. Nicos is the man. The hotel menu is very touristy, nothing very authentic which was a real shame. I would have loved to have eaten there to support them but as a vegetarian I wanted vine leaves, stuffed tomatoes, giant beans etc, proper Authentic Greek food and their menu was more pizza and chips and toasted sandwiches. It's a shame, I always felt bad that we didn't stick around in the evenings. There are loads of restaurants nearby serving great food. Overall we all really liked the hotel and would definitely go back.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
8  Thank GemmaR2012

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Cheap, clean, and well situated.. i can´t ask for anymore! The owners are really friendlys, and it´s really close, by car, to the shipwreck! Rooms are clean, and confortable, but, there are note free wi fi, is the only thing i didn´t like!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank ekova
Reviewed October 20, 2012

This is a family run hotel and it shows by the very fact that the family can not do enough to make your stay as comfortable as possible. In fact I got a little ill while I was there with a reoccurring illness that I have and the family were very concerned for my welfare and comfort. They make you feel like you are the most special guest they have ever had. The room was clean and fresh every day and they even change the towels/sheets every 2nd day which is nice. As swimming is important to my overall health they allowed me to use the pool at 7am every day we were there, which was lovely of them. Breakfast is continental, although you can ask for a cooked one (not sure if you have to pay more, but I did see a few people have them and they had said it was well cooked). They have a b-b-q every Tuesday which is fun to go to and has loads of food. There is free internet in the bar area and Nikos the host of the bar is really the life and soul of the party, such a lovely guy, we feel like we made a friend. I would go back there again in a heart beat and in fact will go back there. The beds all have memory form mattresses and are so comfortable I now want one at home. The rooms have self catering in them, but we only used the fridge and kettle, both of which worked well. Within easy reach of bars, restaurants and the beaches.

Room Tip: We stayed at the back of the hotel, which over looks the mountains. You actually get the sun setting...
2  Thank Julia M
Reviewed October 2, 2012

This is a lovley hotel run by a kind and considerate and hard working Greek family who live at the edge of a run of hotels and bars within Alykanas. Good locaction for choice of beautoful beaches, restaurants and cars. It is clean, tidy and above all frindly.

The view of the country side is to die for in the room we stayed in and will stay with me. The cockerill kept us up at night some times but that was all the more charming to us city dwellers!

Room Tip: You just have to have one of the rooms looking over the mountians for a ring side seat to nature eve...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Gailjameson961
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Stayed here, for the second time, in the last week of September. Since our last visit the bathrooms have been upgraded and are clean and modern. Can't understand why the showers are open, with no screens though. After a shower the floor is very slippery. It would have been useful to have some kind of bathroom mat, or even a rubber broom to push the shower water into the drain.

The mountain view was lovely. Balcony got full sun in the afternoon so was like an inferno. Maybe a temperature dial for the sun... lol. Enjoyed the company of the kitties at the back of the hotel. If only they'd fitted into the suitcases!

Breakfast was a bit boring to tell the truth, but it was always fresh and plentiful. A cooked breakfast (fry up!) was available at a very reasonable price. We had several snack meals during our stay and they were always fresh, well cooked and prompt, not to mention cheap. Would have liked a menu concentrating more on Greek food, but I understand why that's probably not feasible.

Beds were very comfortable. Next time I buy a matress it'll be a memory foam one. The rooms were cleaned every day and linens/towels changed every other day. The girls work very hard and I'm only sorry I didn't have much money left at the end of the stay to leave them a bigger tip.

If you're trying to decide on a small, friendly hotel or a big impersonal hotel where nobody knows your name, I know which one I'd chose any time - Plessas rules.

As for Nikos... what can I say but... Happy hour! Two for the price of four!!! roflmao.

Room Tip: Mountain view room balconies get roasting hot in the afternoon, so hot you can't sit out. Pool...
1  Thank Jenny M
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Nikos is a lovely host. The rooms are large, clean and there is lots of hot water. We are self catering facilities but never used them as very limited
Pool lovely but very cold. Loads of sunbeds. Free internet inside bar area. Snooker table. Continenetal breakfast adequate but the same each day. Didnt have any evening meals here as wanted to explore the town. Easy walking distance to the bars and shops and restaurants. Would gladly visit here again

Room Tip: Mountain view rooms are beautiful but the wildlife can get a bit noisy if you are a light sleeper
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Have to say our stay at the Plessas Palace was fantastic in every way,.

I can't really find any fault with the Palace, the room was great, the pool area was clean and the staff are incredibly friendly, especially Nikos - who welcomes everyone as though they are special guests and nothing is too much trouble for him - this is highlighted by the number of people who we met who return regularly to the hotel.

We ourselves intend to go back next year as quite simply we would not want to go anywhere instead, not only was the hotel great, the beach and the village/restaurants were equally as good.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mark W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alykanas
Valais Hotel
#13 of 13 in Alykes
Mabely Grand Hotel
Mabely Grand Hotel
#1 of 2 in Kampi

Been to Plessas Palace Hotel? Share your experiences!