The hotel is rated 5 stars, priced definitely at 5 star level, but, unfortunately our experience was not.
We stayed here for 4 nights for family holiday (my wife + our 7 yr old son).
- great location
- own beach
- nice views from all levels
- food quality at lunch and dinner good
- free wifi, including on the beach
- friendly staff
Negatives: quite a long list, most of them related to service levels and housekeeping.
Service levels / food
- Service is consistently very slow. We were kept waiting 20, 30 even 40 mins for our drinks in the bar area, sometimes with no other guests around. Similar experience at lunch and dinner, between drinks, starter, main course, dessert.. We concluded it may be a cultural phenomenon, as we experienced a similar service at restaurants outside the hotel, Interni and Koursaros. Even if it is, this should not happen in a 5 star hotel.
- quality/taste of drinks and cocktails varied from day to day and from restaurant to bar. Some good, others not so much.
- Breakfast quality quite average and just an adequate selection. I'd expect 5 star hotels to have better choice and quality. They should look at what 5 star hotels in other places (Dubai, Istanbul, London) serve.
- Tea /coffee. Barely warm (we thought water not boiled at all) and had an unpleasant smell to it. It seems the tap water has the same strange smell. Not sure why that was the case.
- Our room telephone did not work. Reported it 3 times over 2 days. No-one cared to fix it or explain why it was not working. I gave up in the end, had to use own mobile on roaming to call reception on three occasions.
- Asked for a roll-away bed for our son. This was provided as frame + mattress only, no sheets, blanket or pillow. Had to request these separately.
- We requested an extra blanket, it was taken away from the room next day, so had to request again.
- No mattress cover on the main bed. Just a single layer of bed sheet. Had to request that too.
These things must not happen in a hotel like this.
- one night extremely loud music from a nearby beach club (or was it a boat?) going on until 3.30am made it hard to sleep. Complained to reception, they said many people had complained but unable to help.
Finally, as others have also mentioned, the need to use many levels of stairs to reach the rooms and the beach may make it inconvenient for families with infants and toddlers, and for people with limited abilities.
So overall experience not a too bad, lots pf little issues, but not 5 star quality.
Hope it is useful to you. If the management sorts out the service and housekeeping issues, the hotel can be great experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grecotel Mykonos Blu, the best luxury 5 star hotel in Mykonos over Psarou beach, welcomes you totally fresh and redesigned in perfect white & ambient blue tones with new Suites. This luxury hotel is built in traditional Aegean style and decorated by internationally acclaimed interior designers. It is incredible; Like Mykonos! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotwire, Booking.com, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Priceline, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Grecotel Mykonos Blu Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Grecotel Mykonos Blu
- Grecotel Mykonos Blu Platys Gialos
- Grecotel Mykonos Blu Hotel Psarou