“Holidays inside of nature and Greek hospitality”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Papa Nero
Katerina Fotopoulos - Rooms & Apartments
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Kalimera !
During my professional work as a biologist I visited many countries in the world. But we spent since 1989 most of our holidays in Mouresi, Pilion, Hostel Katerina.
This little brilliant, is a place by the rocks, directly on the sea with the fantastic view of the Aegean Sea. The scenery is breathtaking. The sound of the sea, the never ending wind and the song of the cicades is surrounded by the pure beauty of the Greek mediterrane nature.

Katerina and her familiy are wonderfull owners. The evenings are full of nice stories. They built the Hostel in the 1980s. Since this time they create a paradise hidden in the mediterraneo vegetation of evergreen stone-oaks, olive trees and lemon trees.

In a 10 minutes walk you reach the coarse sandy beach and the rocks wondering why so many people travel to the Baleares full of noisy tourists.

The trial to create a beach bar during the year 2008 - 2010 by local people was not successfull because the visitors of the area didn't like this type of amusement in the surrounding of this beautifull paradise.

Katerinas dad - Apostolos - brought us always very delightous products from the garden and the farm.

This type of holiday gave us always the possibility to relax in combination with the warm hospitality of the family Fotopoulos.

Last but not least, the pelion region seams to be untouched - the high diverse forests are still there down to the sea side - spending shadows in combination with the garden of Eden - full of tasty, juicy fruits and vegetables. Graet walks, phantastic beaches and homemade cuisine offering traditional Mediterranean dishes and drinks.

Room Tip: all rooms are silent and have the nice view to the sea
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Werner Rudolf K

Reviewed July 15, 2013

I have been to Agios Ioannis which is a heaven. Do not hesitate to go there.
I have booked for this summer with Hostel Katerina but had to cancel my trip.
Since I paid deposit I asked whether she will refund even some of the money.
Regardless of the outcome it was a pleasure to deal with such a polite and
understanding woman. Hope to be there some other time.
Thank you Katerina for your attitude.
rami

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank ramTelAviv_Israel
Reviewed July 4, 2013

We (couple) stayed a few days at Hostel Katerina in the summer of 2010. Pelion is a very green part of Greece even in the summer! Lots of forests and a great place to hike. Hostel Katerina gives you first row tickets to an amazing view on the Aegean from the balconies of the rooms. We had a room with a small kitchenette, great to make your own coffe/tea or even a simple meal. The Hostel and the garden around it are carefully taken care of by Katerina and her parents. It is a spotlessly clean place and I Ioved the details in decoration (the flower pots, the patio terrace etc.) The family gave us daily fresh tomatoes and cucumbers from their vegetable garden! It is a pure oasis of calmness, beauty and generosity. The village is on walking distance. A lovely walking path from the Hostel leads to the nearest pebble beach. Katerina and her family make you taste Greek hospitality in it's best form! We will definitely return when we have the change.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Talpatravel
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I spent five wonderful days in Agios Ioannis Pelion PapaNero to the Hostel Katerina. The scenery is breathtaking, the hostel is surrounded by the pure beauty of Greek nature, the view of the Aegean is amazing.
there I met Catherine and her parents,who own and work in the Hostel. I had very nice time and at the end of August Ι will be back there because the place and the people I have them in my heart.!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank nikos1969
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Amazing views with a warm inviting atmosphere. We originally intended to stay here for only two nights, but were so happy with the place, we ended up staying an extra couple of nights. The room was excellent, well priced, and had incredible views from the balcony. This place is a real gem, we will definitely stay here if we are in the area again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Scott P
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Katerina and her family are wonderful guests. This little jewel, is a hostel by the rocks, entirely built by the family. Every single corner of the house shows the love, the care for the details of the owners, the essence and beauty of Mediterraneo. The view from the rooms is magnificent and it offers panorama on the sea and on the rocks and at night is possible to rest with the sound and lullaby of the waves. The hostel is in a beautiful position, as it is hidden in the vegetation, on the top of a little hill, so it is the perect place not to be disturbed by crowds and at the same time it is at 10 minutes walk from the main beach and it is in between 2 villages. It is the ideal place to rest, relax, enjoying nature, swimming and snorkeling but also to meet other interesting people and travellers. It is a place for families and couples but also for lonely travellers. Katerina and her family take care in a warm way of the guests....I felt I was being looked after gently all time and still I had the space for myself...Katerina's dad brought me fruits from the trees, vegetables and it was a delight to eat the juicy products of the garden. I am back since few days and I already miss being there. This holiday gave me the possibility to recharge fully myself and have really a wonderful time. I strongly recommend Katerina's Hostel and I hope to be back there. Last but not least, the Pelion region is incredibly beautiful, green, it offers great walks and amazing tavernas!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Laura V
Reviewed September 17, 2011

Higly recommended, bring solid hiking shoes/sandals if you would like to walk around. Vegetables from the hosts are overly expensive, watch out!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Vergopoulos Oliveyard
#3 of 12 in Mouresi
Papa Nero Studios and Apartments
Agapitos Villas & Guesthouses

Been to Katerina Fotopoulos - Rooms & Apartments? Share your experiences!