“Great Holiday”
Review of The Whitehouse Inn

The Whitehouse Inn
Reviewed August 5, 2013

This is the third time we have stayed at the Whitehouse Inn over the past 6 years and it has never failed to meet my expectations.
This is a great location with many of the local attractions within easy driving distance, there are also many really good restaurants within a 15 min drive.
I would stay their again and recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: All rooms are the same quality but for more seclusion select a room at the back.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank MDOG1

Reviewed August 4, 2013

My wife, son and I recently visited (29th July 2013) the White House Inn for an evening meal in the restaurant. We all had the New York Chicken off the specials board with a side of bacon and cheese garlic bread. The food and service were so good that we decided to eat there the following night. We will definitely be going back there again and will be recommending the White Horse Inn to all my friends and colleagues.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We stopped of here for a pub lunch on our way back to Perranporth from Truro.
We had a tuna baguette that came with a lovely rocket salad & home made chips (£7.95) & bacon & stilton jacket potatoe also with rocket salad (£5.95).
The baguette was still warm out of the oven and was absolutely fantastic, I couldn't eat it quickly enough, the chips, which I hadn't wanted but came as standard, were THE best home made chips I've ever had, I love rocket so that salad was great too.
The jacket spud was I think mostly microwaved, but it was big and they did not scrimp on the filling, other half loved it!
I was feeling a bit poorly from a summer cold so couldn't manage to eat all of the baguette but it was so nice I just couldn't leave it so I took it inside & asked the young fella who'd bought the food out to us if I could get it wrapped up to take home, while I was waiting the man who'd served us drinks & taken our order came up to me to see if I needed a drink, I explained that I was waiting for my doggy bag but I just wanted to say that food was amazing, one of the best pub lunches we'd had in quite a while..... He looked at me, said "oh right" and turned & walked away! Hopefully his kitchen staff will read this and know that we were really impressed with their food.
This was a lovely pub, nice decor, beer garden is big and I could see myself happily whiling a few hours away with friends & family over a meal and a few drinks, shame about the "robo-barstaff", a smile and a thank you go a long way to making you feel welcome.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nardine
kel1980, Manager at The Whitehouse Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Thank you for your feedback and we're glad you enjoyed our food.
All reviews are passed on to all of the staff, good or bad!!
I wanted to thank you for the comment on the "robostaff". This was infact my 14 year old son. I'm teaching him the family business. He is doing really well in many aspects of the job but after reading this review he has learnt something new so thank you.
I'm trying to teach him customer service but a little bit of teenage shy comes to rear itself every now and then!!
He took your comment on board and has been working on it all week.
Thanks again

Reviewed July 30, 2013

When we arrived and asked to see the room, it was shown to us. It was clean and we could immediately move in.
Every morning an excellent breakfast was served.
In the morning the room was tidied and cleaned and towels were renewed. Everything to full satisfaction.
There was the opportunity to have an evening meal and/or a drink. The bar had a very large choice in drinks.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I had one of the best nights sleep in this hotel. The room is in a lodge by the side of the pub/restaurant and has a relaxed feel about it. Clean and light and very handy for Perranporth just under a two mile downhill walk.
We enjoyed a carvery meal on arrival but found the larking around by the kitchen staff as our dinner was being served somewhat unprofessional.
The breakfast was uninspired and the room it was served in in need of a refurb, or at least the brown ceiling (I presume from when smoking was allowed) could be painted white and a new carpet would make all the difference.
A lovely room, excellent nights sleep, but oh dear, that breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We called in for an evening meal four adults and one child. The food was reasonable pub food but the place was filthy. My feet sticking to the carpet s we walked in and food debris on the floor. The tables were sticky as they had not been cleaned. We asked for the table to be cleaned and ordered our food. We decided to stay as they have good child play facilities and my grand daughter had by now found them. The staff are very friendly and helpful. A note the the management get rid off the carpets and install laminate or wooden flooring its easier to clean

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank chesh35
kel1980, Manager at The Whitehouse Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Thank you for your feedback although I am slightly concerned about your comment on us being dirty.
We take great care in maintaining our cleanliness here at The Whitehouse Inn.
I can only assume that we were busy and the table where you were sitting had a messy family there before you. Our carpets are reasonably new and are professionally cleaned often.
We do pride ourselves on our "oldy worldy" feel and although we are not shiny new we also aren't a dirty premises.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

We booked a table so we were seated straight away no waiting. We ordered a carvery well i was very dissapointed, overcooked potatoes almost black around egdes and vegetables that were shrivelled and been out a while. The yorkshire pudding was so hard and crisp it was inedible. The only positive was the meat which we thought was lovely.

• Stayed: June 2013

Been to The Whitehouse Inn? Share your experiences!