“50th Birthday Party”

The Whitehouse Inn
Truro, United Kingdom
“50th Birthday Party”
Reviewed July 11, 2011

I arranged to hold my 50th Birthday Party at the Whitehouse Inn in March 2011. Everything from booking the band, arrangement for the buffet and rooms for some of the guests was taken care of by the Inn manageress whom I found to be extremely friendly and courteous.
The evening itself went without a hitch and was the second best night of my life (after my wedding of course!). The buffet was excellent value for money and the staff couldn't do enough for us.
Half a dozen of my party guests ate in the restaraunt stayed overnight in the lodge and all remarked at how clean and comfortable the rooms were. All enjoyed their evening meal and breakfasts. They all said they wouldn't hesitate to stay and eat there again.
I have been back since for family meals and for saturday night live entertainment. They sure know how to party at the Whitehouse!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Truro, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 11, 2011

we have held many family birthdays chritenings etc at the whitehouse and the service from both staff and management has been fantastic, last year we held our wedding reception there, kelly and simon were very helpful with all the arrangements,all our guests commented on how they all enjoyed the day ,thanks to all the staff, most of guests stayed in the lodges and could not fault them at all ,my husband and i booked the honeymoon suite which was fantastic , we quite often visit the whitehose for sunday carvery, which is always good ,our chldren are always excited about going to the whitehouse with its indoor and outdoor play area, its a winner for all ages, we are always made to feel welcome whenever we visit the whitehouse, i reccomend this venue, you will not be dissapointed

Room Tip: book early
  • Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 11, 2011

Had my wedding reception there and the food, staff and accommodation was fantastic. Simon and kelly really made the place look lovely and made me feel really special. Couldnt have picked a better place to celebrate my wedding. My family and friends all said what a lovely day it was. Would definitely recommend the whitehouse to others. Perfect 5*****

• Stayed October 2010
Reviewed June 12, 2011

I did not stay at the lodge we were on holiday and just stopped off for lunch, one of the reasons we stopped is because we saw a sign for kids play area and as we had our 3rd old daughter we thought that would be great and we were not disappointed! There isca small indoor soft play area ideal fir small kids and if it's a nice day they haveca large play ares in the garden, nice food very big portions and giid value, very large selection on menu and children's menu had loads if choice too. Would recommend this pub to families and will be visiting again next time we are in Cornwall.

• Stayed June 2011
Warwick, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 2, 2011

We waited an hour for our food which was obviously reheated not cooked fresh (even the chips - how can you serve reheated chips!) Rude staff - no apology for slow service - the place wasn't even busy when we were there so no idea why it took so long to serve us. Locals at the bar chatting with the owner swearing constantly despite the number of children in the bar. Offensive signs in the bar area including a bronze statue of a hand with middle finger raised! Weird place - not somewhere to take your family. Food was rubbish.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Hayle, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 27, 2011

Stayed here for one night to see a superb band, www.KEIKORISE.com.

The room was modern, clean and very nice. The atmosphere in the bar was electric, great staff and great customers. The visit was in early March and the place was packed, as the hotel is out in the counrtyside people must travel miles to get here.

Great for kids here, lots of things for them to do.

The breakfast was nothing special though. Cheap non-local sourced food, but the service was great.

Would have given a 3.5 but the band Keiko Rise were amazing, so will bump it up to a 4.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Cannock
Reviewed February 11, 2011

Stopped at the Inn as I was working near Truro and selected the hotel from a web site. The evening meals were OK but were spoilt by the constant swearning by other customers in the bar area. I chose not to stay and returned to my room. I am used to settling my account for meals etc at the end of my stay but found out on the first evening that someone had done a "runner" so all drinks and food had to be paid for "up front". I had little cash on me so I was limited on what I could order.
The breakfast was a totally new experience. I ordered bacon and eggs with some toast and was presented with one cremated fried egg (that I could pick up like a small frisby) delicately presented on top of my one slice of toast (as hard as a tile) and two rashers of rubbery bacon. All these treats were served on a small plate you would get your sandwiches on. Needless to say I didn't eat it and made do with a bowl of cornflakes. I didn't even bother on the second day.
On a positive note the room was clean and appeared to have been recently decorated.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Penhallow
St. Agnes Hotel
St George's Country House Hotel
Ocean Lodge Newquay
Ocean Lodge Newquay
#3 of 75 in Newquay

Been to The Whitehouse Inn? Share your experiences!