“A really nice hotel with a great location”

Premier Inn Truro Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Carnon Downs
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I stayed last night and I've got to stay, this hotel is faultless.

I stayed on business and ate in the Table Table restaurant. The food was lovely and the staff make it an excellent restaurant. I didn't get the name of my waitress but she was great, she even up sold me some cheesy garlic bread and 2 glasses of white wine so she is a credit to your establishment. (She will know who she is). I apologise for not tipping but when I am away on business, I never carry cash so I owe the waitress a tip on my next stay.

Check in was easy and quick and the room was very clean and presented nicely.

One thing I would class as a negative is the toilet paper dispenser in the bathroom of my bedroom (No. 45). I'm not staying in a nightclub toilet and I expect to see a toilet roll rather than a dispenser in my room. They are not nice, they are not easy to use when they haven't been replenished properly and I wasted so much paper trying to get a decent piece out of the damn thing. Please change them back to toilet rolls, they are NOT cost effective for your business!

Other than my small minor moan, this hotel is wonderful, I would recommend this place to anybody staying in South Cornwall.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Lovely location, staff very friendly, nothing too much trouble. Food in the restaurant was good, nice menu and very nice staff. Will definitely return.
Would recommend for a short break as ideal for visiting the area.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Staff were very friendly and helpful, rooms very clean and comfy, we had dinner and breakfast in the restaurant which were very nice and very good value for money, would defiantly stay here again and would recommend.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Me, my wife and two daughters stayed for one night in one of their family rooms. Quite simply, for what you pay, you can't complain!!!

Over all, we found the hotel to be excellent. The room was a good size for all four of us, very quiet and well equipped. The beds were comfortable and the shower powerful (and plenty of towels!). The only (tiny) fault was the soap dispenser by the sink didn't work - but this was so minor that I didn't remember to report it at check out!

We also paid for breakfast which was also extremely good value (especially as children eat free when you purchase an adult breakfast). The buffet offered loads of choice, which my daughters enjoyed revisiting time and again!

The staff were very young, informal and friendly. They always went out of their way to help us with any query.

One small note of caution: In a few places, the makeover that occurred in the last couple of years is starting to look a tiny bit worn and tired. I hope they keep on top of this and continue to refresh the hotel - because the clean and new environment of the Premier Inn brand is its strongest card.

For the price you simply can't fault it!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Mr_Zed
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Having driven a long way it was a quick check in and we had decided to book evening meal rather than look around the meal had a good range of food which was cooked just as asked for
The room was very tidy I was with my son and free wi fi was good to do a few email checks ect only 30 mins free The breakfast again nice Enjoyed my stay will check out another Premier inn

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Staff and overall comfort pretty good, however must agree with others regarding the hard mattress. Very annoying to have to keep closing the bathroom door as the steam wasn't taken away by the fan at all. Food pretty good especially the breakfasts. We went for full breakfast every day and although some days were better than others the staff were excellent and the choice very good.

Room Tip: Our room on first floor was next to the stairs but extremely quiet. Lovely view over the downs
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Cant fault this Premier Inn for their staff who are absolutely lovely from the Reception to the Restaurant. Food was quite good with an excellent freshly cooked from order breakfast. Lovely clean rooms with superb pillows and duvet BUT - the bed was so hard within minutes of being in a any position you went numb. Partner had to sleep on the sofa in the room as it was so bad. Complained, as did other people, and got one of the nights refunded. If you want a good nights sleep in a comfy bed - don't go here!!!

Room Tip: Easy to find a good room - not so easy to find a comfy bed!!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carnon Downs
#1 of 2 in Redruth
The Royal Duchy Hotel
The Royal Duchy Hotel
#4 of 24 in Falmouth

Been to Premier Inn Truro Hotel? Share your experiences!