This was our second visit in 2 years and we chose to stay in a "Beacon" accomodation. On arrival the staff were very welcoming at reception and provided us with information relating to local area and the complex. The thing that brought us back was the cleanliness of the accomodation and modern fxitures and fittings. The Cafe Azur serves excellent food and drinks (approx £60 for family of four inc bottle of wine) and Craig ans his team have good themes (ie magician night, tapas, posh fish and chips etc). The swimming pool (ideally would be a little bigger) and changing areas are very clean and there is plenty on for the kids during the holiday weeks (tennis lessons, kids club etc) at very small additional costs (ie £2-£5). The surrounding areas provide SO much to do. Reccomendations include: 2.5 hour cycle trip from Bissoe Bike hire (5 mins away from complex) to Devoran and back, trtip to st Mawes using the King Harry ferry (great for the kids), Hollywell Bay theme park (you only pay for tokens that you wish to use on certain rides - £40 for family of 4 should suffice for a good day). It is only approx 30 min drive to beaches on the North Atlantic Coast and there are so many great ones (Perranporth, Polzeath, Portreath to name a few). We ate out at the Old Quay Inn (Devornan) and ay Harrys Bar in Falmouth - both were great. The only small negatives were that there were a number of light bulbs not working in our accomodation and there were complaints that the children who were playing at the kids playground situated outside Cafe Azur were being too noisy at approx 10pm and we were subsequently told that the playground should close at 9pm although no signs mentioned this. Would suggest that anyone with very young children (ie under 4) should stay away from accomodation overlooking the swimming pool and playground in childrens holidays as the kids do love it there and can make a bit of a noise so not great for trying to get young ones asleep nearby. All in all, another great time. You certainly feel you are at a exclusive 5 star complex and the kids will always make friends. It's a great alternative to Centre Parcs. Instead of the great swimming complex at Center Parcs, the Valley provides you with more exclusivity, superior accomodation and has 'outside' attractions like beaches, theme parks etc. Brilliant time and we have made some good friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Valley is an exclusive collection of 5 star luxury cottages set within a scenic valley in the heart of Cornwall. Enjoy indoor and outdoor pools, tennis, squash and contemporary bar and restaurant, all within the security of a 13 acre gated environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your The Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Valley Hotel Carnon Downs
- The Valley Carnon Downs, Cornwall