I had a great time at this hotel, stayed here for 3 nights in room 217. As we went in May the hotel was quiet. The pool area and the view from the pool was so gorgeous, best parts of the hotel in my opinion. They also have a bar next to the pool. The outside of the hotel, the hotel grounds and lobby are really impressive. However we had a pretty standard room with a table, kitchenette, one double bed and a couch/bed with a balcony. Furniture and bedding were ok. The view from the balcony was pretty much non existent as we were right at the edge of the hotel. The room was large enough for three people. However the TV was very old and the hotel does need to update their TVs. The bathroom amenities were replenished everyday, the room was very clean and the different towel arrangements they left every day were delightful to come back to.
Breakfast was really nice, buffet style with loads to choose from. Dinner was ok, a little bland at times and I preferred the breakfast more. The staff were really nice. Food replenished quickly.
The downside to the hotel is that there is very little to do around the hotel and only a few shops nearby. The hotel itself also has a little shop and the items were cheap however watch out for the closing times so you are not caught out like we were. There were bus stops right outside the hotel and the receptionist was kind enough to give us a timetable. It was easy enough to get around by bus and fares cheap even if the bus wasn't always on time. Although next time, I would prefer to have a car so we could go out more in the evenings.
The beach which is right across the road from the hotel wasn't the best and could be described as a little dingy. If you are looking for a beach type holiday then this beach isn't for you. However for a few hours in the sunshine it was ok.
I really liked this hotel and I think the one thing to bear in mind is that although it is a 5* you are not going to get that luxury feel. I had a lovely relaxing time in Crete and the hotel was good value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cretan Dream Royal is a new 5-star hotel, 6 km from Chania towards Platanias, in Kato Stalos,offering luxurious accommodation.Cretan Dream Royal is opposite (20 meters) of the beach of Kato Stalos and has access to the beach through an underground tunnel.Another feature of the Cretan Dream Royal hotel is the main fine-dining restaurant as well as an informal tavern with an a al carte menu. There is also an elegant pool bar with outside seating so you can enjoy a cocktail along with fabulous ocean views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Cretan Dream Royal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cretan Dream Royal Hotel Kato Stalos
- Cretan Dream Royal Chania
- Cretan Dream Royal Stalos, Crete - Chania