we have just got back from 2 weeks in Crete at Cretan Royal Dream which turned out to be a bit of a nightmare! we arrived after midnight to be given a story that a man had had a heart attack & his family needed the room we should have had till the following day. We were shown a room in the reception area (normally used for showering in during the day), which had narrow twin beds in & a shower room this had no windows at all & no air conditioning. We were hot & tired so I went in for a shower ( we were not happy as we had paid & booked for a double bedded suite with side sea view for 14 days not 13!) I then got locked in the shower room as the lock was broken. We decided that it was totally unacceptable as it was claustrophobic & went back to reception to ask to be sent to another hotel the male receptionist argued that it would only be for a few hours, only till 12 or 1 LUNCHTIME! so we said no & a taxi was booked to take us to another hotel approx 2km away. At approximately 11am we were rang up & told a taxi would collect us and our room was ready. we were then given a double bedded room with a sea/poolview. After 2 days we got talking to another 2 couples from Scotland who told us that they had to share a room for the first night as a child had had an accident & the parents needed their room for an extra night???? this made me think that we deserved at least an apology so I asked to see the manager, we were given an appointment to see Sofia the reservations manager, we went in and she said the reason we had no room on the first night was because she wanted to allocate us an upgraded room (better view) this was the only difference. I mentioned man with heart attack & she said that wasn't the reason. we were given no apology & were assured that the holiday would make us forget the first night...... it didn't! we didn't even get a drink or a meal to make up for it. Sofia was most unhelpful & had a very patronising attitude! obviously her skill as a reservations manager leaves a lot to be desired. We also had an altercation with the owner who was shouting at the staff in front of the guests & upsetting them, he did apologise for that & sent us a drink over. On the plus side we met some lovely people, the situation of the hotel overlooking the sea is lovely, the day time barman Mannalis was funny, helpful & very knowledgeable to talk to, the girls both around the pool & in the restaurant were delightful & the lady who cleaned our room was excellent (cleaned every day & towels arranged artistically on the bed daily). DON'T book half board the food is mediocre, cold & more or less the same menu weekly. Fresh fruit & yogurt good in the morning & salads good at night the rest was pretty bleak. this hotel does not warrant 5 stars at the moment, it is a 3 star hotel!!! We wont be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cretan Dream Royal is a new 5-star hotel, 6 km from Chania towards Platanias, in Kato Stalos,offering luxurious accommodation.Cretan Dream Royal is opposite (20 meters) of the beach of Kato Stalos and has access to the beach through an underground tunnel.Another feature of the Cretan Dream Royal hotel is the main fine-dining restaurant as well as an informal tavern with an a al carte menu. There is also an elegant pool bar with outside seating so you can enjoy a cocktail along with fabulous ocean views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cretan Dream Royal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cretan Dream Royal Hotel Kato Stalos
- Cretan Dream Royal Chania
- Cretan Dream Royal Stalos, Crete - Chania