We've just finished our 3rd lovely breakfast so far at Renieris Hotel and I'm sat by the pool overlooking the sea, an amazing view of the nearby island and typing this review using their free WiFi. This place is excellent.
The room we have doesn't face the sea but we really don't mind at all as we have a lovely balcony and view of the manicured hotel gardens and mountains. It also means we have no road noise. Speaking of the road you can hear it from the pool side and presumably the balconies of the rooms facing the sea, but as the hotel is up a small hill its only a slight dull roar and very forgettable. I would hate to be in a hotel right next to it like many along this stretch as it is quite busy. This hotel is a great option if you want to be close to the beach but away from the road.
The room we have is quite small but perfectly OK and maybe a bit larger than others here as it has an extra bed (which we didn't request), immaculately clean and as I said earlier, with good views. We've slept really well with no noise from any other rooms.
The pool and poolside bar is lovely. The owners are very friendly and even serve delicious local draft beer, ice creams, Greek food, etc until late. Its great place to relax if you want a day off from sight seeing. The sunsets from here are beautiful and the breakfasts are excellent (we are vegetarian).
The beach is a long stretch of brown sand the other side of the main highway. Its quite nice, the sound of the sea blocks out that of the road and it's very good for swimming. There are even nesting turtles along it! To be honest we haven't used it that much though.
There is a regular bus service into Hania that is easy to use and only costs €1.60 for a single and takes about 15-20 minutes to get into town. The old town and port are really lovely and there are tons of great places to eat and drink. Speaking of eating, there are also some nice tavernas in Kato Stalos too and in the old village of Stalos up the hill if you don't mind walking a little. Well worth the effort.
If you're wondering where to stay in Crete I'd definitely recommend here. We've also stayed in Rethymno which is also has a beautiful old town and I'd highly recommend there too. We stayed in Georgioupolis as well but didn't really like it there - it was too family/older couple targeted with little character. We're a couple in late twenties/early thirties with no kids.
To sum up, if you'd like an affordable hotel with great hosts, great views, great breakfasts, with a clean comfortable room within easy reach of Hania, come here!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Renieris Hotel in Kato Stalos sits upon a hill with a spectacular view of Kato Stalos beachfront, the Theodorou island and the blue Aegean Sea and only 200 meters away from the sandy beach. Enjoy beautiful sunsets while bathing in our custom pool with a separate children's pool. Our amphitheater-style design captures sea views in almost all of our rooms. Our hotel is family owned and operated. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Renieris Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renieris Hotel Kato Stalos
- Renieris Hotel Stalos, Crete - Chania