Phaedra Hotel
Creta Palm(Stalos)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsbeach towelsswimming poolfamily running the hotelsea viewalways smiling and helpfulsmall kitchensofa bedrelaxing vacationnice sandy beachthe bushotel is locatedgood sizewi fivisit chaniabars and restaurantssmall childrencleaned every day
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 14, 2013

It's not often that one writes a review of their hotel while they are still there, but Phaedra deserves such a review. It's our second summer here (my wife and 2 children, and my parents), and although I believed it impossible, this year's stay proved to be even better than last years'. As advertised on the hotel web site, the rooms are spacious and comfortable, the grounds are well tended and beautifully landscaped and the pool is spotless. The beach is unbelievable, wide and sandy with crystal clear water. There are no hotels directly adjacent to the Phaedra so its beach isn't crowded nor rowdy. The only deception is that although the views from all the rooms are as pictured, they are far more spectacular when coupled with the sounds and smells of the ocean!!! Mr. Christos and Mrs. Georgia are wonderful people and care for ALL of their clients are is if they are a part of their family...sincerely! Kevin tends the pool side snack bar and mixes great drinks as well as mean milkshakes for the little ones. A review is a review is a review, but the true testament of how perfect this place is, is when you return the following summer with an additional 6 people (gang of 12!!!) ..... And they all loved it! For families, couples, and newly weds alike, the Phaedra hotel with its location, grounds, beach, and most importantly, with Mr. Christos and Mrs. Georgia at the helm, is paradise on earth!!!! Mr. Christos and Mrs. Georgia, you have found the recipe to success, don't ever change it!!!!!

Matthew V.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Matthew V
Georgia K, Manager at Phaedra Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2013

Dear Matthew V,

Firstly may I thank you for your continued support of the Phaedra Hotel and it is our great pleasure to welcome you back time after time. It is such a great accolade that guests return time after time and have such positive feedback.
The team and I are of course particularly delighted that you felt well looked after by us.
I have passed on your kind words to all the team here and I hope to welcome you back again in the near future on many more trips to Crete and consider the Phaedra Hotel your other home.

King regards,

Reviewed July 28, 2013

My husband and I stayed here based on a recommendation of a person who works for a travel website. It is her job to spend time at hotels and write reviews. When I told her that I wanted to stay in Chania, she said that I absolutely must stay at Phaedra.

Phaedra is right on the beach which for me, is extremely important. The beach is composed of fine sand and when you walk into the ocean, there are only a few rocks in some parts of the beach where Phaedra is located, but by no means is this a problem, the beach is spectacular.

Phaedra is located in Kato Stalos which is not a very busy part of town, but it is conveniently located about 7 minutes (bus ride) from the town of Platanias, or you could easily walk 45 minutes, if you prefer to exercise. Phaedra has a bus stop in front of the property which made it very easy to get to the airport, the port of Chania, Ag Marina, and Platanias. There are also many excellent restaurants, levendis and Merovigli, to name a few.

In addition the location being amazing, the staff at Phaedra does not compare to any that I have encountered during my vacations at similar hotels. Georgia and her husband Christos are beautiful people. They are welcoming and were always concerned about how we were doing. Kevin, the bartender, is equally kind and extremely knowledgeable when it comes to making drinks. We actually looked forward to spending time at the bar chatting with him. The staff actually threw a BBQ while my husband and I were there, providing delicious chicken and potatoes for lunch, as a way of thanking their guests. My husband and I missed the BBQ and an employee Georgia (another Georgia) actually brought a plate to our room and apologized for the fact that we had not known about the BBQ, an extremely thoughtful gesture.

The rooms are exactly what you see on the website. If you email the hotel directly, they will even send you pictures of the exact suite or apartment that you will stay in before you commit. The rooms are modern and fully equipped. We stayed in a basic suite and it was more than perfect for my husband and I. We loved the kitchen, as we were able to make breakfast and lunch in the room.

We have stayed in hotels on other Greek islands and we have never thought about returning to any of these hotels (even though we enjoyed ourselves) however Phaedra changed this. We intend to return to Crete and stay at Phaedra. You must stay here....a great hotel with an amazing and hospitable staff and fantastic value for money. We had a great experience. Thank you Christos, Georgia, Georgia, and Kevin. See you soon!!!!

Your friends from Toronto.

Room Tip: Top floor with a sea view is beautiful.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lisa C
Georgia K, Manager at Phaedra Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Dear Lisa C,
Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Crete and for taking the time to write this comment.
Your kind words on our team members and premises are shared with everyone and of course, well appreciated.
We are doing our best to keep the quality of our services excellent and your feedback is more than welcome!
We would be delighted to welcome you back in our premises during your next visit!

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed July 12, 2013

Very nice small quiet beautiful hotel, wonderful location, the sea is almost under the windows, no crowds in the hotel and on the beach, free and always empty sunbeds
Lovely pool, new and modern rooms
Loved it
I hope to return

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Maria M
Georgia K, Manager at Phaedra Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Dear Maria,
Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Crete and for taking the time to write this comment!
We do appreciate your kind words and we are happy you enjoyed our facilities, services and pool!
Looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel, we remain at your disposal!

Yours sincerely
Phaedra Hotel

Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

Phaedra is a beautiful and an amazing place with great people working there with a natural sense of hospitality, the location is just amazing, I think it couldn't be better than that.
However, our only comment is about the daily room cleanliness, this might be the point that need improvement, other than that, it's for sure an excellent place to stay in.
Thank you Phaedra staff for the great memories.

• Stayed: June 2013
Georgia K, Manager at Phaedra Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

Dear Ahmed,
Your comments are indeed very helpful and honest, much appreciated; we are doing our best to offer our guests unique experience, being motivated and guided by your opinion.

We are always glad to receive feedback from our guests in order to improve our customer service and standards. We place great value on your opinion and we hope to welcome you again during your next visit to Greece.
King Regards

Reviewed April 17, 2013

If you want to meet the Greek hospitality you must visit Phaedra. Phaedra has everything in order to make our vacation succesfull. The bright apartments/studios fullfill all our wishes concerning furniture, kitchen, bathroom, internet etc. The location at the beach is perfect and the sorroundings are very nice and well kept. The two ladyes, Georgia and Georgia, are very, very nice and helpfull and always ask us how we are dooing. If you need anything....just ask. Last year we,12 friends, wanted to go to a special restaurant in Old Town, and Georgia off course called the restaurant and made the reservation and then called 3 Taxis for us. 8 of theese friends, on our recommendation, stayed at Phaedra together with us, and they will all come back, they say. We will also come back for sure, we have already made our reservations for 2013. You are in very good hands at Phaedra, so you should try it too!

Bolette & Torben