“Nice hotel”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Nea Kios
greece
“Nice hotel”
Reviewed June 13, 2012

A very artdeco clean hotel which offers comfy rooms about 10 min away from Nafplion. Offers nice breakfast, fitness room. The rooms are very clean, modern and offer great shower. The reception is quite friendly and make your stay comfortable. wifi is available in the rooms.

Room Tip: would get room on higher floor for better view to the sea ..top and right side.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank towelrnd

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Greek first
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed February 22, 2011

It is the nicest hotel you'll find in Nea Kios, unfortunately, I would never return again. The rooms were beautiful and the breakfast was great but if there's one thing that I stand firmly for, it would be the understanding of different cultures and acceptance of diversity.

Traveled to Nea Kios with my hockey team mates for the EuroHockey Indoor Club Champions Challenge II. The majority of my team mates are pakistani and due to their religious beliefs, they can only eat halal meat. Since Nea Kios is such a small town, there is no halal meat available so they had no option that to order food to be delivered from Athens. We all gathered in a room, moved the furniture around, laid a sheet on the ground and placed the food on top, then sat in a circle and began to eat - something that they've done several times in other hotels in countries like Serbia, Turkey, Slovakia, Bulgaria, Sweden, and Germany. Next thing we know, the owner comes in screaming in half greek half english saying it was not allowed and we were destroying his hotel. Words cannot describe my horrifying experience. His rage was unnecessary and it got to the point of being violent - he had slammed his arm against the door, broke the bed after hitting it, and almost hit one of my team mates. He eventually yelled at all of us to get out and started picking up the food and almost throwing it on the ground outside. I didn't understand what we had done was wrong.

His justification for reacting so strongly was that he had spent much of his time and money into building this hotel and we were destroying his room and it wasn't allowed to gather everyone in a room and eat together. Apparently, if he had called the tourist agency, we would of been taken and placed in jail for what we did... but honestly it's complete bs. If he didn't agree with us eating there he could of went about it in a much more rational matter but this man came raging in like we had ransacked his hotel. It saddens me to say but if I had been traveling with an all white team, we would of never have been placed in this situation. I understand Greece is going through harsh financial times and with all the illegal immigrants being deported back to Greece breeds much animosity between different races but that in no way validates discrimination and racism. You cannot judge a person based on stereotypes and assumptions. I've played hockey with these men for sometime now and I know they meant no harm; it's in their culture to gather together and eat... as it is in many others.

How can the we make the world be a better place if we continue to close our eyes to different cultures and give into to stereotypes rather than change them? Even if this hotel was the best, it's against my morals to condone to such behavior. I'd rather have slept in a sleeping bag on the beautiful beaches of Nea Kios...

• Stayed February 2011
15 Thank nicolahart
Athens
Reviewed October 27, 2009

This was a very nice hotel, if your road brings you to Nea Kios. Nothing to complain about, I had a very pleasant stay, the food was very good and the room genersously spacious. I would definitely recommend it to any traveller wanting to stay in that area.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
#16 of 38 in Nafplio
Hotel Agamemnon
Hotel Agamemnon
#14 of 38 in Nafplio

Been to Alexandros Hotel? Share your experiences!