“Best restaurant in Manta Rota!!”
Review of Mar's Bar

Mar's Bar
Ranked #5 of 17 Restaurants in Manta Rota
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Mars Bar is one of the most popular restaurants in Manta Rota. I see that there are only two restaurants noted in the Tripadvisor guide. There are at least ten good restaurants and as many cafes in this area. I am happy to give reviews but Mars Bar should be mentioned. Kind regards. Charles McEvoy
Reviewed September 1, 2012

We always eat in Mars Bar when we holiday in the Algarve, the food is consistently delicious. The chicken kebab with satay sauce and the ribs are firm favourites. The menu is very different from the other restaurants in the area and provides a nice change, the food is additive!

1  Thank Tiggy61

Reviewed August 28, 2012

My family and I have just returned from Manta Rota where we used the Mars Bar nearly all week.Marion and Avi have one of the best menu's on the Algarve,to which this year they have added(black pork and lamb curry)to their already famous ribs and kebabs, not to forget Marions delicious soups(goulash and Dutch pea).I have no hesitation in recommending this Bar and Bistro to anybody who travels to the Algarve and assure them they will get great food and hospitality.

1  Thank John N
Reviewed August 22, 2012

We have been going to Mar's Bar since it opened in 1999 and every time we go there we are still greeted with the same hospitality friendliness and good humor that we received in the beginning. Marion, Avi and their team provide an excellent, efficient service that would surely surpass that of many 5 star establishments.

Mars Bar has an excellent menu of British, European and Eastern food, it includes - their famous ribs (people travel far and wide for them). Soups, salads, burgers, breakfasts, chicken satay kebabs and a lot more. More recently they have introduced a couple of specials, these include - Tagliatelle and Plumas (fillets of black pork). I have had some tagliatelle in my time from different countries around Europe and this is some of the best. The Plumas (black pork fillet dish) are lightly marinated and served with peppered sauce on the side (they just melt in your mouth). It is better to reserve these dishes a day or two before as they are extremely.popular.

To sum everything up you should make a point of going to Mar's Bar as you will be pleasantly surprised.

1  Thank John M
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Well we have spent many an enjoyable hour or three at Avi's & Marion's bar. We have sampled most of food and all is presented very well. We have taken quite a likening to Marikns Garlic Mayonaise with a tipple or 2. Ribs and Kebab's are a perfect dish. Only 1 minor in my reckoning is lack of fish. There are 2 other restaurants in immediate vicinity for the Fish, restaurant Manta Rota and Aproa. Looking forward to our next visit real soon.

Reviewed August 19, 2012

I have been to Mars bar many times. The food is amazing every time! The ribs and chicken kebab are the best I've tasted anywhere. Great atmosphere. Friendly staff. Mar & Avi the owners are very welcoming & friendly. I would recommend this place to anyone! :)