“Great All Rounder”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 17, 2012

This Restaurant / Bar a gem of spot. We have availed of Breakfast, Lunch & Evening Meals - all were very good - but the best of all is the service from the friendly staff and owners Norberto & Patricia. They make the customer from the youngest to the oldest feel special, they even provided transport back to our holiday hotel for our mother. We have spent many plesent evenings dining over their lovely meals and enjoying Mario's entertainment with his songs and music. Looking forward to returning before they close for their winter break at the end of October.

Reviewed August 31, 2012

This lively restaurant was made special by the fact that the staff were attentive and friendly. There are lots of restaurants in this area but the open atmsophere, good food and especially the staff make this a fun place to go more than once. The menu is varied enough that you do not get bored of the food. The music is not too loud and the evening live entertainment is pretty good, too. But the overall best part of this eatery was that the staff made us feel special so we came back often.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

The twice we have eaten here we were disappointed as the food was pretty average but it is a great place to visit later in the evening for a drink and a listen to the excellent entertainers when the atmosphere is always pretty buzzy .

Reviewed July 23, 2012 via mobile

We ate here last night. My boyfriend had fish soup when it arrived I thought I would be sick as it smelled very stong. Out of politeness he ate some soup but didn't feel well for the rest of the night. I had veg lasagna it was ok options for veggies seem to be poor in Olhos. My boyfriend had tagliatelle fruiti de mar he thought the sauce was nice but the pasta was very over cooked.

Reviewed July 15, 2012

This is our third year coming to Portugal and we stay at Alfagar 2. Acqua is by far our number 1 restaurant of choice for lunch or dinner. The staff are so attentive. My wife, daughters and myself absolutely love the food here. We love the menu choice so much that we usually eat here about 10 or 12 times during our 2 week stay. We do try other places but find ourselves returning back to Acqua. I either have the chicken wings, prawns or mushrooms & bacon to start. Garlic bread and garlic bread with cheese is always ordered. My children have the chicken, pizza or a small steak which they nearly always finish. My wife has the chicken kebab or the salmon usually. Always empty plates. As for myself I find it hard to resist the pork rack of ribs with BBQ sauce. When I fancy a change it is either the pizza acquabelle or the monkfish kebab. Again always an empty plate. They have an excellent dessert and ice cream menu with something for everybody. They also make fresh cocktails with my preference for there mogito.

This restaurant is run by a husband and wife team who we have just got to know over the course of this visit. We like the restaurant so much that we introduced ourselves to them. We had to tell them what a great restaurant they have and how proud they should be of there food & service and great value for money but above all there staff and themselves for how hard they work.

We will be back soon. Thank you.