My partner and I have just returned from a week at the Adriana Beach Club. First impressions were fairly good. Reception was well presented and the staff were very helpful. We were handed a map of the complex and shown how to find our room, which luckily wasn't too far away as it was raining. The place was heaving which was a little daunting, I hadn't expected it to be so busy. Later we discovered that it was mainly due to the rain - everyone crammed inside. We didn't realise that the 3 bars and restaurants advertised had actually been reduced to one, half the complex being closed down for the season, leaving just one of each. I think this should be pointed out by travel agents for people booking at the end of the season.
The bar was good - the staff were excellent, special thanks to Carlos! The restaurant was ok. Excellent salads and a fair variety of hot food - at the beginning of the week. It was cleanish - I hated the leather look covers on the tables at breakfast and lunch as they always seemed sticky, and the windows needed a good clean. Niggle - not enough teaspoons! I don't want to stir my morning coffee with a desert spoon! The coffee in the machines was disgusting, but fortunately I found sachets of nescafe decaf and stuck to that.
Beginning of the week the restaurant was great, towards the end, the rooms started closing - ok less people - but standards started dropping and food started shrinking. Chips all over the floor not cleaned up and it seemed strange that as the staff had less people to cope with, they never seemed to around. The salads started to look tired and by the end of the week I was totally bored with the menu.
The complex itself is very nice. The grounds are well maintained - the staff fighting against the bad weather we kept getting - sweeping leaves became a full time chore! The walk along the cliffs is stunning and the beach is very nice. They were clearing all the beds from the beach as the weather wasn't so good - a little premature perhaps as it improved greatly towards the end of the week. We walked along the beach to Villamora which was exhausting but very pleasant.
The pool area was very good. Never got to swim in the pool as it was always full of kids, but they enjoyed it although everyone said it was freezing. It was nice for sunbathing although the beds were always wet due to the rain either in the morning or over night!
The beds are very uncomfortable. My partner and I ended up with twin beds whist pushed together were made up separately which it turned out was a bonus as we didn't necessarily keep each other awake so much with the restless nights. The room was very basic but ok. I was glad to find channel 5 and BBC1 on the TV as some days we had bad weather and couldn't always be out of the room.
Overall it was a nice place. The staff are great, the place is very nice, there are just a few niggles that make me want to down grade it from a 4 star to a 3 star, but that could be simply down to it being end of season. Having said that; I'd still recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in an area of 17 hectares, Adriana Beach Club Hotel Resort has 439 rooms, providing family environment, diverse service offer and quality care. Situated in Olhos de Água, in the municipality of Albufeira, in the Algarve, this Resort is housed in natural environment and enjoys a privileged location next to the beach, guaranteeing the peace and privacy of our guests, yet ideal for holding events. The proximity of the city of Albufeira and Vilamoura tourist complex, two tourist destinations and animation of the region represents an alternative for those who prefer to explore the potential around the hotel. The All Inclusive concept takes in this hotel its highest expression, given that waiver include the diverse range of services provided. Adriana Beach Club Hotel Resort offers a huge variety of buffets in our 3 Restaurants: A main Restaurant and two theme restaurants(availability and time-tables may change and are subject to seasonal demand), which include meat and fish dishes, as well as vegetarian options, freshly baked pizzas,soups, pasta, salads and desserts. Throughout the day, in addition to the main meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner), there are snacks. Drinks are also included, throughout the day and during all meals. There is water, soft drinks, beer, wine and other alcoholic drinks. In our hotel, the All Inclusive offer theme nights, where our buffets change and give you the possibility of enjoying new dishes: Portuguese, asian, tropical, mexican and many more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Adriana Beach Club Hotel Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aquamarina Beach Club Hotel Olhos De Agua
- Aquamarina Beach Hotel
- Aquamarina Beach Albufeira
- Adriana Beach Club Hotel Resort Olhos De Agua, Portugal - Albufeira