Agua Marinha
$165
$155
  • Pool
Clube Humbria by 3HB(Olhos de Agua)
$243
$235
  • Pool
Falesia Mar by 3HB(Olhos de Agua)
$134
  • Pool
Hotel Riu Guarana(Olhos de Agua)
$243
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Falesia Garden by 3HB(Olhos de Agua)
$166
$153
Hotels.com
Apartamentos do Parque(Albufeira)(Great Value!)
$150
TUI BLUE Falesia(Olhos de Agua)
  • Pool
All reviewsfamily run hotellovely little hotelsmall hotelair conbreakfast roomcontinental stylebudget hotelexcept sundaygreat hostsfriendly hoteltoilet rolllovely balconybread rollswithin easy walking distanceminute walkbus stopyogurt
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Great little hotel,clean,friendly-a home from home.This is the only hotel we have ever returned to as we enjoyed it so much the 1st time.Family run for adults only.Bed and breakfast only but snacks are available. Good restaurants just down the road especially Cantinho do Mar.Large bookcase of books in the lounge to read-saves on your baggage allowance..
We'll be back!

Room Tip: Room 207 has view of sea in distance and gets sun most of the day
Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank TelfordTwinkle2
Reviewed October 19, 2012

My partner and I stayed here in September. We chose the Agua Marinha because of all of the great reviews, and I must say that on the whole, the hotel lived up to it's reputation.
We arrived at around 2pm and was met by Victor, who showed us to our room. The room itself is more than adequate, with a nice bathroom, comfortable twin beds and lots of storage space. A minor gripe would be the size of the fridge, and the bins had not been emptied (we arrived on a Sunday, the only day of the week when there is no maid service). Everything was very clean though.
Our balcony looked inland, and overlooked a couple of private villas, which wasn't a problem.
Both Victor and Rosa are excellent hosts, and very friendly.
The hotel itself is lovely and quiet, and we never had a problem with getting a lounger around the pool area.
Breakfast is basic, but more than adequate. This seems to be a bug bear with some of the other reviews, but really - for the price that you are paying - what would you expect?
A lot of the guests here when we stayed were back for a repeat visit, I did find some of them rather 'cliquey' - but this wasn't really an issue.
Our room was at the first to the right as you got to the top of the small staircase. I found that I could access the free wi-fi here, so was very happy.
The area is great, with lots of restaurants and bars - only one of which had someone standing outside trying to tempt you in. This was a large sports bar as I'm not really a fan we did have one drink there and this ended up being the most expeesive pint of the holiday, which is rather ironic.
Portugal still seems fairly cheap, witn average prices being €1.50 for a large local lager. Meals were around €25 - €30 for two courses with drinks.
The beaches are beautiful, and within easy walking distance (about 15 mins). We did the obligatory walk to Alberfera's Old Town, which took about an hour, and then got a taxi back for about €7.
Highlights were the lovely Chinese restaurant (above the tacky sports bar - but that couldn't be helped), and the nice little Jazz bar called The Black Cat, which had the friendliest barman you could possibly

• Stayed: September 2012
6  Thank Matt1701d
Reviewed October 18, 2012

We stayed at the Agua Marinha hotel for a week in October. As we hired a car we mainly used it as a base to explore other areas of the Algarve but we did spend a couple of late afternoons around the pool. There were always plenty of sunbeds available, the pool was very welcome in the 30 degree heat and the staff in the bar were very friendly.

We found the hotel to be very clean, the rooms were very well presented and the breakfast was more than adequate. Our room overlooked the private villas, we only saw people in it on one day and there was no noise from them, although it was out of the school holidays so can imagine it being noisier in peak time. There was also no noise from the other hotel guests, but then there was also no Karaoke on whilst we were there. In fact it always seemed very chilled out and peaceful.

For the price you pay this is a very good hotel in a good location to get out and explore this wonderful region. I can see why so many of the guests seemed to be repeat visitors.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BumblesF
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Having had a great short break staying at this hotel in February, my wife and I returned for a longer break of a week. Originally I booked four nights via booking.com, but when plans changed and I was able to have longer away from work we decided to make it the full week. Rather than booking online for the additional three days, I thought I'd save the owner a few bob in booking agents commission, and arranged them directly with the hotel by e-mail. No problems - or so I thought.

When we arrived, we were told that the three additional days we had booked would cost an additional EURO 15.00 per night - "Booking.com is a special rate". Hmmm. . . . no mention of this in our exchange of e-mail, despite me querying whether there would be any difference to the rate charged with our booking.com reservation. So that's a 75% premium over the online rate charged (of EURO 20.00 per night). I'm not aware that booking.com block-books hotel rooms on a negotiated discount basis and then sells them on, as tour operators do, but thought that they just charged a commission for managing the reservation process? If anyone knows better, perhaps they could drop me a line? It's not the amount that cheesed me off, (this hotel is great value for money, even at EURO 35.00 per night B&B) but the way that this Arthur Daley-esque surcharge was just dropped on us, and what the justification for it is anyway?

To add to this, we booked a double and was allocated a twin - when asking about moving to a double bedded room, there was a shrug of the shoulders and "sorry, we are full". End of.

My wife and I like this hotel a lot (Rosa the proprietor's wife is charming and the all of the staff are friendly and efficient) but not such a great experience for our return visit.

Room Tip: Ask for room 108 - it's got the best balcony.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NGB_May2007
Reviewed October 7, 2012

went back to the agua marinaha again 22nd september and once again couldnt fault it,apart from the weather which wasnt very good but still had a relaxing time. rosa had the karoke on and i sang a few songs with her which was a good laugh as i didnt know half the songs, always made welcome at this homely little hotel me my partner and our2 friends will again be back next year .

Room Tip: try to get a room that dosent look into the private villa
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple