“Second best to Antonios but still very good”

Ristorante Pizzeria S. Martino Olhos de Agua
Ranked #17 of 62 Restaurants in Olhos de Agua
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 7, 2018

Mostly great service and very friendly. Nothing too difficult. Food, overall, very good but it's a basic pizzeria with pasta dishes. Seafood pasta was OK/good but I'd be surprised if the seafood was fresh that day.

1  Thank GIDAYE
Grupo_S_Martino, Gerente at Ristorante Pizzeria S. Martino Olhos de Agua, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Reviewed September 25, 2018 via mobile

I already visited this restaurant in June 2016 and it was one of my favourites. Not anymore. I went there to eat “bacahau à Brás” but was disappointed: they don’t offer it anymore. Ok, let’s try sie me thing else. I chose “bacalhau frito” which was a big mistake: I just tasted old oil where it was fried. My friend had something else with chips (French fries) and that also tasted awful: old oil.
When we told the waiter he called another colleague, maybe the responsible for service or the restaurant, and he assured us he personally told the chef to changed it that day at noon. I don’t know if they did. But maybe they didn’t clean the recipient!? Fact is: the food was tasting fried and that was not was I expected.
Continuing with desserts: I choose one with Nutella that I know f I’m there the previous years. It was completely different. It should have. Crunchy salted base, but it was neither crunchy nor salty and was so thin I had to search for it. So it was not the taste I expected at all. The important on this was the symbiose of sweet and salty and it was just ice cream with Nutella and a dark biscuit as a ground/base.
When I went home I get diarrhoea. This place won’t see me again. I’m sorry.

Grupo_S_Martino, Gerente at Ristorante Pizzeria S. Martino Olhos de Agua, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2018

We apologise for any inconvenience caused. We will report this situation to the competent manager. Hope you come back soon!

Reviewed September 24, 2018 via mobile

Tried this place a couple of times during our fortnight stay in the epic sana and enjoyed it equally both times, service was good, food was very good and a nice atmosphere watching the sun go down and supping cocktails into the evening, very relaxed and pleasant, would recommend to anyone who is looking for something good to eat here.

1  Thank Tim S

Reviewed September 24, 2018 via mobile

This place is open on sundays and we went for dinner. Also, we needed a break from portugese food. Its a casual dining Italian restaurant. The pizza for 2 person is HUGE and plenty for 4 persons especially if you want to eat other things besides just a pizza. The linguini mare di monti was really delicious. We had a really great red from Douro valley for 45 euro, which was probably worth more than all the food we ordered combined but it was a nice red. It's a nice casual place to come back to for a very reasonable price. Worth a try. Total bill for a pizza, pasta, salad and a bottle of nice red came to 86 euro.

1  Thank YJA777

Reviewed September 23, 2018

We visited this restaurant for change from the same old menus of the many places in this area near the supermarket. The ambience of the place was good and we sat outside but away from the road.

The staff were friendly and fairly efficient and we were quickly served water and a white house wine which was good. As a starter we shared a garlic bread which was a pizza bread with garlic, enough easily for two, and very nice.

For our main courses we chose lasagne and meat tortellini with a rich creamy mushroom sauce. The lasagne was tasty but lacked any real meat and was just cheesy, tomato tasting pasta. The tortellini was nice but a bit too creamy.

The final bill of €40 for what we had was reasonably comparable with the other restaurants.

1  Thank norman28