“Great view over the beach and excellent fish but a little expensive”

Restaurante La Cigale
Reserve with
Restaurante La Cigale is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 54 Restaurants in Olhos de Agua
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Went straight off the beech for a mid day meal and had Scabbard fish which was very good. My wife had a spaghetti which wasn't that good for the price. Also bread and olives are brought to your table without being told they would be added to your bill automatically.
I would recommend the fish which was excellent but felt the rest of the meal was overpriced.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

We travelled from Quinta to La Cigale having seen it advertised in a glossy mag in the hotel we were staying at. Wedding know where we were going but found the place in the end and we really enjoyed our meal. We were escorted to a table overlooking the rocky outcrops and enjoyed some fantastic fish having the platter fro two. ALl the staff who served us were really friendly and very attentive. We arrived after 9:00pm and were the last to leave. We had a great time. I am certain you will find cheaper eateries in the this area but for quality, quantity and service we couldn't fault it!

Reviewed September 7, 2013

We went to La Cigale for a romantic dinner and the atmosphere was lovely. But the food was avarage food (not better than Azul, 50 mt back from the beach but cheaper), service not very friendly and only interested in tipps. Everything was quite expensive, but not balanced with the quality of the dishes.

So and so.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

No doubting this is a great location to eat - right above the beach. Food was OK - but almost twice the price of restaurants providing similar quality food in less enviable locations. Found staff attentive.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

We have been to this place twice now, mainly because of the great location
The first time we all had fillet steaks which were over cooked and very over seasoned (salty)
Yesterday my wife and I had lunch there..She had scabbard fish which by the texture of it had been defrosted in a microwave..it was tasteless and mushy..
I fancied some pasta so ordered spaghetti..off of the main menu....NOT the childrens menu
When the spaghetti came I was surprised to see it served on a plate not much bigger than a saucer.
When the waiter eventually came to ask if everything was okay with our lunch (after I had finished) I said that I was very surpriised and disappointed with the size of the dish,as I was still hungry after eating it...He said I shouldn't have ordered a children's meal..I pointed out that I had ordered from the main menu and that pasta is not even offered on the children's menu..He said " I know but everyone knows that pasta is only for the children !" He said if I was still hungry I should order some more...at the same full menu price.
He than asked if it was okay apart from the size of the portion...when I said "No not really as the chef had not drained the water from the pasta and made the sauce all watery,which I had to pour off onto another plate" He tried to say that this was the sauce ! He then said that I wass just unhappy because of the size of the portion.!|

I am a chef,...so I happen to know what I am talking about..I know what the difference is between undrained pasta water and what should be an oily pasta sauce.

I was going to take the family there when they visit on holiday but.there iss no way we would ever go back there..

1  Thank steven e