I have just returned from a weeks stay at this hotel with my husband and our one year old and we can not think of one single thing to complain about! This place is a fantastic family resort and you will not be disappointed! From the second we checked-in we got really good vibes and this continued throughout our stay.
Staff - The staff are really friendly and genuinely make you feel welcome. They love kids and make a lovely fuss of them without being annoying. Every member of staff we encountered was professional and they have the whole hotel running like clockwork. The animation team are super and work sooooo hard. They do not hassle you to join in with anything but there enthusiasm is so infectious that even the older guests would join in with the special song/dance they do. You will see what I mean when you stay!
Hotel room - The whole hotel is spotlessly clean and our room was immaculate. The hotel is only 1 year old so everything still looks brand new. Our room was serviced everyday and looked like we had never been in when we returned from the pool each day.
Pool area - The hotel was fully booked when we stayed but the pool area never felt cramped. Ignore the sign about not reserving sunbeds. Everyone else does but dont do what one annoying family did and reserved 4 sunbeds first thing in the morning but didnt come to use them until after 4pm!! The pool area is really lovely. The swim-up bar and jacuzzi area are a great feature.
Food - The food is fantastic. The choice of food is unbelievable and of really good quality. We didnt bring any baby food for our one year old and managed to feed him all three meals plus snacks just from what was on offer on the buffets. We dined in the asian restaurant twice which made a nice change and again the food was excellent.
Like i said at the start, we can not think of one thing to complain about. We had a fantastic holiday and will be recommending it to everyone and we will no doubt go back again. It is very much a family resort but there were younger and older childless couples who we chatted to who were also having a great time and there is a second pool which is much quieter than the main pool where most of the people without kids relaxed. Anyone with anything negative to say about this place must be the hardest people in the world to please!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The All Inclusive ClubHotel Riu Guarana is located in the southernmost province of Portugal, in the Algarve, near the Praia da Falesia beach. The beach is situated 15 minutes' walk from the hotel. The location is ideal due to its proximity to the next village Olhos d’Agua (500m) and Faro Airport (FAO) is approx. 35 km away. The hotel has 500 comfortably furnished rooms and offers many amenities. Relax with a massage at our Spa del Mar or get in shape at our gym. 2 outdoor pools, 1 children’s and indoor pool. For the youngest guests, there is the RiuLand Kids Club (for children from 4 to 7 years & 8 to 12 years old), RiuArt atelier and for adults, day and evening entertainment as well as discotheque. For lovers of gastronomy, we offer live cooking stations at our main buffet as well as Asian and Grill cuisine, 3 bars situated in various areas of the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your ClubHotel Riu Guarana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clubhotel Riu Guarana Albufeira
- Clubhotel Riu Guarana Hotel Albufeira
- ClubHotel Riu Guarana Olhos De Agua, Portugal - Albufeira