We were a little apprehensive about some of the reviews we read before we came away, but we found this hotel and resort to be fantastic, we will be back.
Why was I so impressed? well the hotel staff managers was at the welcome meetings, manager of all the departments in the hotel such as cleaning, maintenance, catering and the managing director was there. They were open to the customer and wanted to be approached if they was any problems with your holiday at the hotel, no hiding away as I have witnessed in the past with other hotel staff. All the staff was courteous and very well-mannered and cannot fault them in any way at all. The hotel was all inclusive and you did not have to pay extra for the room safe box, bottled water, gym, sauna, Jacuzzi etc.
The Tompson rep did not try to hard sell their excursions or the other facilities of the hotel like beauty parlour / spar where this was not free.
We enjoyed the food and there was a good selection, at the pool bar beer was self-serve from a tap or from the bar, there was never any queuing when getting a drink. The hotel provided a hotel tour where customers were shown the basement where all the services of the hotel run from, catering, maintenance, housekeeping, cleaning etc, what an operation over 250 staff, they truly had nothing to hide and this tour showed the customer that the hotel was being run properly, the catering and preparation of the food top notch, what an operation.
The beds are to some customers a bit on the hard side, mattress topers are available and fitted on request, just pop to reception and it will be done; this is offered to all customers at the welcome meeting so totally open about this.
The hotel is capable of holding 1250 persons and has 500 rooms, if I have any slight niggles it would be with the amount of people trying to get food at the same time, they are three restraints' but on occasion only one is open, this happened only once in our week stay, too many people trying to get food at the same time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Opened summer 2008. Located in Olhos d'Agua in the Algarve. 6-Storey main building and 2-storey annex building. 15 Minutes' walk from Praia da Falesia beach. Access to a small cove from the hotel Riu Palace Algarve is via cliff side steps (an approximate 10 minute walk). 8 Km from Albufeira. 500 M from various shops. 35 Km from the airport. 500 M from a bus stop. Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Visa, Diners. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, RIU Hotels and Resorts, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your ClubHotel Riu Guarana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clubhotel Riu Guarana Albufeira
- Clubhotel Riu Guarana Hotel Albufeira
- ClubHotel Riu Guarana Olhos De Agua, Portugal - Albufeira