“Holiday Fun”
Review of Quinta das Achadas

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Odiaxere
Quinta das Achadas
Ranked #1 of 3 Odiaxere B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 9, 2012

We came to Quinta das Achadas via InnTravel and a planned walking holiday. We fell in love with Quinta as we drove up the track to find a glorious setting for this relatively small B&B. We arrived at 10.30am and were imediately offered breakfast (booking in was 2.30pm!!) and the hospitality continued throughout our stay. Others staying were excellent company, The position in the Algarve is such that one can get almost anywhere relatively quickly and our hosts were always available for advice. Fawlty Towers has nothing on Julio's fun and humour which all added to a great holiday. I am sure we will return

Room Tip: All rooms have their own features but from choice I would chose the double room suite near the pool...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 13, 2012

We have just had a wonderful 10 days at the Quinta. We had been given rave reviews by our friends and our accommodation and welcome backed these up in spades.
We thoroughly enjoyed our communal dinners - the cooking was excellent and our hosts and fellow guests made for lively discussion and rather late nights.
We loved the gardens and pool and the friendly dogs just added to the overall ambience of the place.
The Quinta is in a perfect place to explore the whole of the Algarve. During our stay we visited Tavira in the East and up to Odeceixe on the West Coast. None of our trips involved driving over an hour in any direction - perfect.
Thank you, Jill and Julio, for a wonderful holiday.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 10, 2012

We stayed here in early June 2012 and absolutely loved it.

We saw the Quinta reviewed on Alistair Sawday's website and read all the Trip Advisor reviews, but despite that, we were a bit concerned - "is it too small?", "too far from the beach?", "will the kids hate it", "is 10 days too much" etc. As we drove up the driveway we thought we had screwed up. But the dusty road up to the Quinta actually adds to the "hideaway ambience" of the place.

From there on, everything was fantastic. We met wonderful people, we had great fun with Julio, Jill and Isabelle and we loved the pace of life at the Quinta - having an 0900 breakfast on the patio outside your own room/apartment gives an almost village-like atmosphere. The communal dinners were the three best meals we had while we were in the Algarve and the fun and banter amongst the guests was wonderful.

I have always had difficulty disconnecting from work and turning off the devices - not at the Quinta.

Is this place the Ritz Carlton? - hell no! But as a farmhouse B&B this is as good as it gets. The only problem now is trying to suggest anywhere else to our kids. They are already assuming that it will the Quinta next year.

Room Tip: Take one of the the two bedroomed apartments. Well worth it.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 4, 2012

If you're looking for something more off the beaten path than mainstream, tourist-packed Lagos, come here.

This was my second Portugal vacation. Before, I was younger and did the bar and singles scene in Lagos. This time, I came with my husband and another couple. We came just for the weekend, because we were living in Germany. This villa is perfect if you want to experience the local culture and have some more unique amenities -- like a pool, jacuzzi, magazine - ready decor, quiet country setting, truly Portuguese locale, kind & helpful hosts, the list goes on...

Stay here! But don't tell anyone -- you'll spoil it!

PS -- this is a long overdue review. Our trip was in June of 2010.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DutchTravelJunky
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Quinta das Achadas is full of character, welcoming and comfortable. Jill and Julio are the most exceptional hosts and we were made to feel a part of the family. They went out of their way to make sure we had everything we wanted, always happy to help. For those of you wanting a beautiful, peaceful and relaxing holiday spot you can't go wrong. This is a very special place for those wanting a home from home, with all the little luxuries.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 24, 2012

In need of a quiet place to relax and unwind, I started brousing the net and via via I stumbled across this B&B. It had an immediate perfect image; authentic, peaceful hide-away, a cosy farmhouse looking place. And this is exactly what my mother and me got! The reviews speak for themselves and not one of them is exaggerated!! Quinta das achadadas is one of those authentic places where you feel immediately at home, or in my case I felt I was staying in grandmother's cosy house amidst the fields, chickens and butterflies. Of course with many extras which you normally don't find at your grandma's; a beautiful swimmingpool with a relax area, a jacuzzi with a view and orange and lemontrees everywhere! We stayed in what I think was called the 'hibiscus room', "the smallest but prettiest room" and indeed it was! I slept like a rose in that room! Every morning a fantastic breakfast is served right across from our room; you step out on a large terrace with Mary Poppin-like tables and chairs, flowers everywhere. Jill and Julio are so inviting and open, they really spoil you! The meals we enjoyed were just delicious; honest, simple meals with fresh ingredients; real soul-food which I prefer. You need a car to get around and to also get to the quinta, but I like that because this way you really stay far away from anything amidst nature. We took some beautiful walks around the quinta, the surroundings sometimes reminded me of certain parts in Toscane. The smaller beaches around Lgos are just gorgeous (especially praia do Camilho, real paradise!!) We had great food in all the places Jill recommended and even did some nice shopping at the end of our week there in the old part of Lagos. I could go on ad on!! I do hope to come back there one of the years and I sincerely hope they haven't changed a molecule of their quinta, because it is just perfection! love from Iris and my mum Lisbet

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Is_Sand
Reviewed June 13, 2012

We had a lovely time staying at Quinta das Achadas with our toddler and baby. Children are made very welcome and there is plenty of space to run around and explore. The playground, swimming pool and jacuzzi were a big hit, as were feeding the pigs and chickens and collecting eggs with Julio each morning.
The whole feel of the quinta is very relaxing and special, with amazing lush gardens. Jill and Julio are very welcoming. Our apartment, Jasmine, was very comfortable, tasteful and well-equipped with a pleasant patio area overlooking the swimming pool. We tend to opt for self-catering holidays but having breakfast provided, 2 evenings meals and a daily chambermaid was the best of both worlds.
Being slightly inland (10-minute drive to the coast) we probably explored the surrounding area more than if we'd been based at the beach. However, our favourite days were actually when we were lazy and just stayed at the quinta. A really enjoyable, relaxing holiday.

Room Tip: Jasmine apartment is lovely with a great patio area right next to the swimming pool. If you've g...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Odiaxere
Dom Manuel Hotel
Quinta Bonita Luxury Boutique Hotel
Holiday Lagos
Holiday Lagos
#6 of 71 in Lagos

Been to Quinta das Achadas? Share your experiences!