Monte da Quinta Resort
Quinta Do Lago Hotel(Quinta do Lago)
$432
$415
  • Breakfast included
Martinhal Quinta(Quinta do Lago)(Great Value!)
$582
$556
Orbitz.com
Lakeside Country Club Quinta do Lago(Quinta do Lago)(Great Value!)
$233
$227
Encosta do Lago(Almancil)(Great Value!)
$249
$219
Orbitz.com
Vilar do Golf by Diamond Resorts(Almancil)(Great Value!)
$127
$104
  • Pool
Formosa Park Hotel & Apartments(Almancil)(Great Value!)
$253
$167
Hotels.com
$186
TripAdvisor
Four Seasons Fairways(Quinta do Lago)
Hotels.com
Apartamentos Valverde(Quinta do Lago)
TripAdvisor
All reviewskids clubbed suitemonte dapool areasunrise suitesmall kitchenstar hotelpeacock barthe underground car parkfabulous hotelreception teampoached eggsground floorpublic areashired a carsmall shopsitting room
Reviewed January 11, 2014

I first visited Monte da Quinta Suites a couple of years ago with my husband and kids. We all loved it. Beautiful common areas, rooms/suites and great service. The hotel is spotless which is a big plus for me. We always hire a car anyway on holiday and I would say here it is required. Easy to visit nearby Vilamoura or venture further afield. I loved it so much I returned with a few friends for a girls weekend. It was ideal with the 2 bedroom suites within a hotel style environment.
The only negative, for me, would be he kids club. I would say it is more of a Creche and while the staff were great it isn't great for kids over 5ish. Maybe it would be better and busier at peak times with more kids but my eldest didn't enjoy it on the couple of occasions he went for a couple of hours. Great for babies and toddlers though and lots of baby equipment available to hire when I went with the kids a few years ago...

Room Tip: We enjoyed a ground floor garden room which allowed the kids to pop out of the patio doors for a wee run around - I could sit and watch with a glass of wine in hand... Perfect!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Pam W
Reviewed December 17, 2013

This hotel is expensive, but you certainly get what you pay for, the rooms are modern, well equipped and clean...yes we did see some ants outside of the accommodation but you are in a hot country, and I think you can expect to see some insects!

We stayed in a room which was intended for three, but it was certainly large enough for me, my husband, ten year old son and toddler.

Pools were a little on the small side, but we found this to be the case in general in Quinta Do Lago. It was sometimes a struggle to find sunbeds around the main pool, in which case we headed down to the country club pool which was usually quieter.

On site, there is a kids club (which you pay for... not cheap!), convenience store, hairdressers, spa, games room, restaurant, pool bar. There is also a bike rental store.

The hotel is well situated and the surrounding areas are lovely, but I would definitely recommend hiring a car. I also used Tina's holiday rentals in order to stock the fridge and for toys/ supplies for my son. Their service was fantastic and I would definitely use them again.

Evening meals at the resort seemed to consist of buffets only and were not particularly reasonable, so we didn't opt for any of these. However, meals in the Algarve do seem expensive for what you get though and I wasn't particularly blown away by any of the food we ate.

I would definitely recommend this hotel, especially to families and we hope to return in the near future (hopefully to one of the villas!)

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank mamapeach
Reviewed November 16, 2013

We stayed there in November. Rooms were huge with a full functional kitchenette. Modern and nicely decorated. Looking over the gardens so children can play outside, while parents are still in the room. Beach is fantastic. Restaurants are very good and the nature around the hotel is breathtaking. We rented bikes from the hotel and went to a great nature trail.

Room Tip: If you have children, choose a room on the ground floor, overlooking the gardens
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Either for a golf holiday or for beach vacation this hotel is excellent.

The facilities are modern, rooms have enough space and the staff service is warm and friendly. Breakfast is very good.

Great hotel to take toddlers. Pool always crowded, it's a fact. Free wifi.

If you like to run you have plenty of roads with few traffic in Quinta do Lago. Make sure you take or rent a car, as you're in the middle of Quinta do Lago and Algarve's best restaurants are in 5-10 kms distance.

We went to Malveiro, Akvavit, Paixanito, Parilla and Pizzaria Casavostra. All recommended.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank burnsziela
Reviewed November 6, 2013

This was our second stay at Monte da Quinta.
The rooms are very nice and spacious.
Breakfast is excellent
Staff is friendly.
The only point of criticism is the pool area that seems always very crowded.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family