“The best place to survive a storm!”
Review of Western House B&B

Western House B&B
Ranked #2 of 5 Llangennith B&B and Inns
Swansea, United Kingdom
“The best place to survive a storm!”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

My husband a I stayed at Western House on the weekend just gone, we were hoping for sun filled weekend, unfortunately mother nature delivered us a full Westerley storm. We were in room 2 which overlooks the yard and from which you can see the sea. The room was small but more than adequate for the weekend. The brass double bed was so comfortable; when the storm blew we thought that the whole house was going to shake but the room and bed gave us a sense of cosiness that is difficult to describe. When we came down in the morning we were served breakfast in front of an open fire that the owners had lit. Breakfast was very good value, I tried the lavabread (seaweed) which the owners had picked and cooked themselves, It was delightful. We were given good information on which beach to visit and we were delighted to discover a small beach call Fall Bay. We will be back in the 'summer' and despite the weather the accommodation, owners and value for money made the weekend worthwhile.
I have attached some photos of the chandeliers and lights from the house, what more can I say, spectacular!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
crickhowell
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We stayed at Western House last weekend to celebrate my birthday,it was the second time we stayed there. We choose this B&B because it has such a lot of character and a great location. The hosts, Pippa and Steve, go out of their way to make you feel comfortable and cater for every need, even dietry ones.We tend to book the same room each time as it is big and light and very private.Everything is provided from clean towels to films to watch when you are staying in! Sitting in their garden last Friday evening, with chickens walking around and their dogs keeping us company felt relaxing and homely!! We often go away for a weekend and we have stayed in many expensive B&B's and hotels but although many are spotless, they are often plain and boring! Western House is different and might have the odd cob web but the great breakfast and hosts make up for it!! May i add that we are middle aged so it shows that they cater for every age,we have already booked for August!!

Room Tip: Room one,upstairs has a double bed and a single, great for when we take a grandchild
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Just spent a wonderful weekend in Llangennith at Western House.
We were looking for somewhere to stay to combine a little surfing with a lot of relaxing and this was just the place!
Steve and Pippa were fab hosts... making us feel at home immediately, helping us with Surfboard hire and everything else we needed. And the newly built barn conversion we stayed in was amazing.

Perfect escape from the city - Llangennith has just a pub and a surf shop, breathtaking coastal walks and surf just a 15 min walk away, and awesome views in every direction!
Can't wait to go back... :)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 22, 2013

We stayed at Western House in May and had our second visit to this awesome B&B. If you love surfing, walking and a lively pub, head here. I would throughly recommend it, while we were there the owners were just finishing off a self contained room in the garden which also looked awesome. Friendly owners, animals, great breakfast, room was oh so cool, I can't recommend it enough.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I visited in early May on what proved to be the best two days of the year so far. I read the promotional materials and saw the photos of Western House and knew that I just had to visit, especially as I had never been to the Gower peninsula before. A totally fascinating experience with eclectic and exciting room decoration ( some may say quirky) but it was glorious to be surrounded by such beautiful colours - wall coverings, fabrics, tiling - wherever I turned. The amazing thing is that with such beautiful light from the open skies and sunlight the colours seemed to blend wonderfully. Pippa and Steve were a delight as landlords and it was nice to meet their son and daughter as well as the "bosses" the two dogs.( who were really well behaved and fun). I took continental breakfast but I noticed real farm house style full English being served to the other guests. The location is ideal for long walks along the coast line or higher along hill tops in all directions. My walks took my breath away with horizon vistas and miles upon miles of empty beaches. For those into surf boarding Steve and son can offer up to date info, as enthusiasts. In the hamlet - no food shops, supermarkets there is a high quality surf shop who I understand offers up to date surfing conditions on line. The pub/hotel, about 4 minutes walk offers a good quality menu, real ale and views of the coast from the front patio. Book Western House now to avoid disappointment!

Room Tip: Its a quiet B and B. no street lights no vehicles..................shhhhhhhhhhhhh!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Canterbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I walked straight past Western House first time, not seeing the hanging sign high above the road. Difficult to miss if you know what you're looking for - it's painted red and blue and the inside is also very colourful. I loved it! Pippa was very friendly and provided an excellent breakfast in characterful surroundings. The bedroom was beautifully quirky with white painted panelling, blue walls, a metal bedstead, colourful patterned bed linen, 2 comfortable pillows, a patchwork bedspread and a bare timber floor. The decorated hand basin in the en suite was unique in my experience - wonderful! The shower was excellent. Just the place to arrive after a long journey (in my case, walking via the Wales Coast footpath from Port Eynon).

There's a decent pub (The King's Head) just up the road.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Tim F
Colchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 7, 2013

If you are looking for a special place to stay and explore the gower then look no further- this is it!! My family and I absolutely loved staying here for so many reasons......the wonderful colourful rooms, the fantastic cooked breakfast, the amazing location, lovely comfortable beds and most of all the most warm and welcoming family. The owners Steve and Pippa go above and beyond the call of duty to ensure that their home feels like your home and that your stay is as relaxing and enjoyable as possible. We fell in love with the house, the labradors and just the inspiring warmth this family gives to all its guests. It is in the perfect location to explore the beautiful Gower peninsula and Steve and Pippa know just about everything there is to know about surf, walks and exploring the area. We really did have such a wonderful stay here-thanks to the whole family and a special mention to their daughter Caddie who made our daughters time even more special. Needless to say...we will be back!!

Room Tip: The loft room is perfect for a family as it offers extra beds and own large beautifully coloured bat...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Johanna H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Llangennith
Culver House Hotel
Norton House Hotel & Restaurant
King's Head Inn
King's Head Inn
#1 of 5 in Llangennith

Been to Western House B&B? Share your experiences!