“Great traditional food on a small village!”
Review of Yiarenis Taverna

Yiarenis Taverna
Ranked #2 of 4 Restaurants in Apollona
Cuisines: Greek
Reviewed January 2, 2018

If you are on Rhodes, this is the place to experience the local cuizine! The food is so so so tasty and the whole decor of the dining area is lovely and transfers you back to the old times! Totally worth the driving from Rhodes city! Try the "kapama" dish (rise with meat in the oven), the mushrooms, the cheackbeans, the "Hionati" (cheese balls with tomato marmallade). Cant wait to go back!!! On Sundays and holidays you will probably need to make reservation.

Date of visit: January 2018

Reviewed December 26, 2017 via mobile

I am local,living on the Island and loving it. I have had lunch and dinners at many tavernas all over the Island over the years which makes me an expert when it comes to local food. Believe me when I say YIARENIS owner and staff are always with their smile when you walk no matter how busy it is and they still have the same smile when you are off home after a beautiful and tasty traditional Greek food. Home made always and as for Steaks,pork chops,lamb chops coat chops anything on grill will come to your table the way you ordered. My goodness if I could go every day I will be there. FANTASTIC. See you all in a few days.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed December 12, 2017 via mobile

I am chef and owner of a restaurant after closing my business I took my wife for dinner been there before to Yiarenis but today was exceptional..Beautiful family friendly atmosphere papa is a butcher and head on the grill mama in the kitchen doing beautiful work with home cooking with 4 ladies each doing their job in harmony...The food superb we had lamb chops grilled to perfection local lamb in casserole cooked with chick peas mushrooms in garlic and lambs liver baby potatoes with Philadelphia cheese all wonderful...We recommend openly ..Thanks to Xristos owner for a wonderful meal‍...

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed October 14, 2017

We were on our way across the island with a rental car, and we did not want to end up in a touristy restaurant somewhere on the coast. So we made a random stop in Apollona.
We were so lucky to found this Taverna by chance, everything was perfect, from the beginning to the end. The place is authentic but also very clean (WC : check ! even a small changing table for babies). Prices are correct, and this home-made food is really tasty. But none of this can equal the Greek hospitality, we were so well taken care of by KATERINA, the young waitress. It was almost as if she would have us as guests in her own home. Even insisting to move us to another table to escape from some disturbing wasps...
This lunch will certainly remain a very nice memory about our Rhodes vacation !

Date of visit: October 2017
1  Thank Magali2011
Reviewed September 19, 2017

Our greek friends took us here for a meal, the food was amazing, the hosts were lovely friendly people who made us so welcome and we spent a good dew hours here eating locally sourced food and drinking traditional (made in the village) red wine, hope to back for a visit when we are in Rhodes in October

Date of visit: July 2017