“Best pub in town”

Ramblers Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 5 Restaurants in Chorafakia
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Open 365 days a year. English speaking. Serving International, English and American type of food. Kitchen opening hours Monday to Thursday from 13.00hrs to 23.00hrs Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 10.30hrs to 23.00hrs Bar stays open until late.
Reviewed March 14, 2013

My husband and I have been going to Ramblers since the grand opening last fall (2012). Pete, Dan, and the crew make you feel welcome each time you walk through the door. Very pleasent atmosphere with the hippest crowd on the Peninsula. The food is top notch. Fish and chips are rival to any Irish pub anywhere. The price of food is very reasonable with large portions. You can expect nightly specials, so make sure to ask. The restaurant is located right next to the Shell gas station, and parking in the back...no excuses for not making a stop by this adorable locals hot spot.

1  Thank Linda T

Reviewed March 9, 2013

It feels like you are walking into Cheers bar. Fun atmosphere and great food. The fish and chips are fantastic. They serve a proper burger (tough to find in these parts). Free wifi. I could hang out here more often! Love it!

1  Thank Cheryl A
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Ramblers has become a favorite of the family and I. The food is always amazing, the steaks are giant and cooked to perfection. Everything we have had so far has been amazing. It is a nice change of pace from the usual Greek Tavernas especially when you want something that reminds you of home. Pete and the rest of the staff are always friendly and quick with a laugh.

1  Thank Bettiegirlsarebest
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Husband and I were out exploring and just kind of stumbled onto this wonderful restaurant. It was pouring down rain...We were hungry and had found nowhere else open...I go up to the door to check to see if Ramblers is open and am greeted in one of the friendliest ways I've ever had at a restaurant. My husband parked our car, we came in and were seated. The atmosphere was one of kinship and we were made to feel as if we'd been coming there for years. I ordered the stuffed chicken with mashed potatoes by recommendation, My husband ordered the fish and chips.
The food was AMAZING. It was obviouisly made from scratch to order. The mashed potatoes were so delicious....The chicken made my mouth very very happy. My husband was just as pleased with his meal.
Over all the food, the atmosphere, and the staff made this one of the top places I've literally ever eaten at.

1  Thank Lyn_Blue_13
Reviewed September 30, 2012

The Greeks love their own food, in fact they love their own food so much that most tavernas serve the same fare. There is absolutely nothing wrong with this but if you hanker for a change then Ramblers is well worth a visit. Their garlic bread awash with fresh mushrooms and sprinkled with cheese is a meal in itself - and it's a humble starter - but if you want something substantial then their steaks are a must. The new owner was a butcher in a past life and it shows. His steak cuts are prime beef and with chef, Ben, doing the needful the result is as good, if not better, than any where in Europe. The white fillet fish is also excellent as is the homemade tartar sauce and hand cut chips. Add in happy hour and this is a foody experience not to miss. You can sit out in the courtyard and watch the sun sink into the Aegean whilst wondering how to move to Crete and the Akrotiri peninsular full time!

3  Thank Topdriller
Traveller1969_12, Owner at Ramblers Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Thank you for your review and we are happy that you enjoyed your eating experience with us. Hope to see you again sometime in the future.