“Watch the Sunset from Mikri Vigla”

Kontos Restaurant of Aegean Cuisine
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Kontos restaurant continues to offer homemade Aegean and local Naxian specialties made by original, traditional recipes using the most fresh, organic ingredients (most of them from our own garden) cooked in virgin olive oil. The respect to tradition and quality have established Kontos Restaurant over the years as one of the finest in Aegean and Greek cuisine. In 2007 and in 2012 the Greek National Tourism Organization certified us with the “genuine traditional and quality Greek cuisine” award.
Reviewed June 10, 2014

This remarkable taverna has good food in a relaxed setting just off the beach. Best to visit just before the sun sets over Paros. Try the octopus followed by courgette and tomato stuffed with rice. Excellent tzatziki, Fresh Fruit salad and ice cream. Friendly service from Yanis. No more than a pitching wedge from Oasis Studios.

1  Thank UnclebenHove

Reviewed May 31, 2014

delicious meal! I took stuffed vegetables and it was the best ever! The meat was great too and the atmosphere was quiet and peaceful Highly recommended!

1  Thank Emilie G
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Lunched there three times. Had these fabulous herbed meatballs baked in tomato sauce three times. Loved them all three times.
The restaurant overlooked Mikri Vigla beach and you have a relaxing view of the kitesurfs and windsurfs.

1  Thank SenabuTanguy
Reviewed July 19, 2013

My wife and I called in for lunch yesterday having actively seeking Kontos out based on the reviews we had read on Trip Advisor. Sadly the overall experience fell short of what I had hoped for. My wife enjoyed her tuna salad and her portion was generous, however, my chargrilled mackerel was less memorable. A little overcooked and dry and a touch under seasoned, but as the title states the issue was not with the food. The major issue was with the service. On our arrival our orders were taken, drinks arrived promptly, my beer was served in a chilled glass, very good. After about 10-15 minutes my wife's salad arrived, I assumed mine was following, however a full 25 minutes elapsed before my main course arrived by which time my wife had finished her meal. Even then it did so without any apology for the delay, it was almost as though the waiter didn't think it was unreasonable for two people to come for a meal together to eat together. Now I realised I could have chased my meal but that is not my role, good waiters know where they are up to and it was joy as though the place was particularly busy. So in summary food OK.....service poor.

2  Thank neil1111_10
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Superb food, lovely views over to Paros and reasonable prices. Ate here 4 times in our week in Mikri Vigla. Highly recommended

1  Thank M00sej00se