“A great place to stay”
other travelers have booked this property

Review of Lefkogeia Prevelis

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
The ground floor... Lovely ambience, small,cosy and adorable!
Spacious bedroom, leading to the shaded balcony
A small bathroom on the ground floor
Do not let the spectacular mountain scenery fool you! 4 out of numerous beaches only 7 minutes away!
A view of Lefkogia village!
Located on a narrow alley of the village, Apartment Lefkogia Prevelis welcomes you!
Crystal waters at Schoinaria beach (1.8 km from the house!)
Feel the calmness! Klisidi beach (2 km from house!)
The magic view of Triopetra beach (east of Preveli)
Holidays in Lefkogia! You simply won't get bored... Discover the secrets of the nearby gorge!
The unusual folcloristic and historic museum of Papa Michalis in Asomatos! Wonderful place to visit
Join us in breathtaking experiences!
The famous Preveli beach, with the palm forest!
Free access to our farm (800m away from the apartment)! Come over to meet our animals.
Turkey's conference! Serious matters need to be solved...! Free access to Lefkogia farm (800m away)
Who is the grouchy here?????
You have to meet Huey and Dewey!!!
Colours of the spring in Lefkogia farm, only 0,8km away from the house!
Our farm, only 0,7 km away from the house!
Another view of our farm!
...and another!
Life should be so ....simple!
Lefkogia farm (0,8km away)! Did you think that only kids get to have fun? Well ...think again!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Andy F
Dundee, Scotland, United Kingdom
“A great place to stay”
Reviewed September 10, 2014 for a stay in September 2014

Everything you've read in the other reviews is correct - this is a great place to stay in if you want a real Cretan holiday in a real Cretan village with extremely helpful hosts (but only one of them is Cretan!).

May 14, 2015
Hey there...

A brilliant review indeed!!! Short and specific, not to mention that it refers to the rest of my reviews! Thank you, my friends, for choosing our property for your holidays! Thank you for taking the time to write a review... and for rating my place!

711Niall
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“This is a special place.”
Reviewed August 23, 2014 for a stay in July 2014

Lovely little house in an idealistic part of South Crete. 5 minutes away from 3 beautiful beeches. Lefkogeia is a friendly place to visit and don't forget to say hi to Costas in the Supermarket. Would say car hire is a must. The apartment is made up to a high standard. The bedroom upstairs leads on to the balcony where you can sit out and watch the world go by. Betty and Ilias couldn't have looked after us better, they have a beautiful farm on the outskirts of town and even gave us our introduction to horse riding. We loved our time there. Closest beach is Almudi, a quaint little cala, which offers live music in the evening. The perfect environment to escape the stresses of modern life. You wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

May 14, 2015
Did I take my time to reply on this one or did I not? My lovely Scottish friends, sorry it took me so long to reply! Thank you for taking the time to write a review for my property and for spending time with us! People in the village still ask me about you and always tell me to send you their greetings...! It was a pleasure meeting you and having you around! I am wishing you all the best and we sure hope to see your kind, smiling faces again ...soon! Until then ...stay as positive and wonderful as we remember you!
Christoph...
Bristol, United Kingdom
“A perfect idyll in a wonderful part of Crete - highly recommended!”
Reviewed July 18, 2014 for a stay in June 2014
people found this review helpful

Where to start! We arrived after an easy flight from Bristol to Heraklion and drove the hour and a half to Lefkoyia through increasingly grand scenery. We were met by Betty who showed us the house and immediately made us feel welcome. Later in the holiday we met her husband at the farm for drinks (homemade raki and wine) and they are both lovely people and very friendly. The house had everything one needs for basic self catering, the living room/kitchen is downstairs with the shower and loo and a staircase of ten steps takes you up to the spacious bedroom and balcony beyond where we sat in the morning sun and to get cool in the evening. Lefkoyia itself has two tavernas, a small supermarket and a coffee/snack bar, all friendly and very good value. The prices in Southern Crete seem to be cheaper than on the north coast and this was also the case at the various beach tavernas in the area. Talking of which, the beaches nearby were fabulous (Palm Beach at Preveli, Skimaria, Eunda to mention a few) and the range of walks and sights to see mean that we will definitely be returning to this area as soon as we can.
To sum up, I would say this is the best holiday we have ever had. I can't recommended it more than that!

Jul 18, 2014
Dear Elizabeth!

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review and for your kind and generous words! Most of all I want to thank you once more for visiting us at the farm! We had such a lovely time with you! Good company is always precious. So do keep in mind that we will be waiting for you to come back! My best wishes to you both.

Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Reviewed July 4, 2014 for a stay in June 2014

Liked best: Meeting the hosts
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Jul 15, 2014
My dear Penny,

I can not describe to you how moved I was from your really wonderful review! What can I say... Except from the nicest words you had for us, it is the kind of description you have made that makes it so precious and helpful I suppose for future holidaymakers! And it is truly an honour to come from a colleauge or should I say a competitor??? I am not sure what exactly we are... I think we are more like competitors since we are on the same business! I lost your card, but I remembered Maison Mosaic because of the strange name! I only hope we get the chance to come over there some day, it looks absolutely idyllic!!! I am not sure whether we are going to catch a wave with Timi but I am most certainly sure that I will come with you to one of your tours hoping to see ....giraffes!!! I especially thank you for trying (...)and insisting to write this review, despite the obstacles you encountered! It means a lot. We were so glad to meet you. I know you sensed it! Many many kisses to you both! I 'd love to see you again... ok I confess.. preferably at Cape Town! :)
KatjaH303
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely, traditional and cosy house in the beautiful south of Crete”
Reviewed April 16, 2014 for a stay in April 2014

We had a wonderful holiday in Lefkogeia with our two young children and loved our stay in Betty's house. Betty is so kind, friendly and welcoming, you couldn't wish for a better host. She looked after us and took care of us whilst we were there. The house is located in the middle of the village, yet it was very quiet. Coming out of season there were not many tourists around and we almost had the beaches to ourselves. The mountains in this area are beautiful and there are endless walks to be explored. We had a wonderfully relaxing time in Lefkogeia staying at Betty's house and not recommend it highly enough.

Traveling group: Young Children
Families with young children
My dear Katja,

Thank you so very much for your lovely review! It means so much to me! I really wish I had the time to know you better, maybe even share a hike with you up on the mountains (...) or just a warm relaxing and careless evening here at the farm! But I am glad that you had the spirit and the willing to do it with your lovely family! I do believe that you enjoyed! And I am glad that you did! It is nice to share the same interests as a family and you seem like you do! I am wishing you to always share lovely moments all together, I am wishing you all the best! Cheers to you, guys!
Many kisses to your lovely kids and to Krystoff! Thank you!
heath60
Blenheim, New Zealand
“An ideal holiday house for a couple, full of character & perfect as a base to explore locally & further afield”
Reviewed January 1, 2014 for a stay in October 2013

My husband & I loved staying here for 2 weeks in late October 2013. Betty is a wonderful hostess & very friendly. We were proud to be her first Kiwis! The house is small, very clean & full of character & the balcony looking out over the entry lane is a beautiful spot to sit & relax. We enjoyed many lunches of Greek salad & bread there (& just the odd beer & wine).
We thoroughly enjoyed experiencing a touch of traditional village life including seeing many goods being sold from the back of small trucks (meat. vegetables, household paraphenalia, clothing), lots of cats, brilliant bouganvillea, narrow lanes, interesting doors. Unfortunately I couldn't get the neighbours (black clad elderly ladies & men) to understand my Greek so couldn't get beyond the basic greetings. However all the young people have good English & everyone is friendly.
Stellio's Taverna in Lefkogia is a lovely place for a tasty meal &/or a drink with great friendly service. The local grocery store has all you need for supplies.
Thank you, Betty, for the birthday cake & friendly service. It was a pleasure meeting you & your family

Liked best: all good
Liked least: nothing
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
My beloved Kiwis!!!
Better late than never....! Well I just noticed that I never did reply to you! Thank God I got a new review to alert me! Way to go...! But here I am! I only wish you will be alerted on this one!
You were indeed my first Kiwis! And I am soooo happy I got the chance to meet you! Thank you for being kind and so friendly and warm and for spending time with us! Thank you for your lovely review! I appreciate it!
Although it is a big trip, I do wish to see you again, some time!

Love,
Philipppp...
Muenster, Germany
“Fantastic holidays!”
Reviewed October 4, 2013 for a stay in September 2013
person found this review helpful

First of all we have to say that the owner of the appartement, Betty and her husband are just great people!!!

They invited us (me and my girl friend) to her farm and we had a really funny time with interesting discussions and GOOD WHINE:-)! There farm is absolutely beautiful and if you have children, they will definitely love it!

The appartement is even a little house, so we got a little more than we expected. The neighbours, some old women, are just lovely and you feel very welcome in the village. The house is very clean, and Betty is changing towels and bed sheeds every few days.
The house is an old stone house and has been restaurated very well by Bettys husband. Inside it is very cosy and everything is arranged very well.
If you feel like cooking yourself, you will find all the basics you need in the kitchen, clean and ready to use.

The house has a nice balkony where you can spend the evenings with some olives and whine or whatever you like...

The beach is very close. Just 5 minutes by car or you can even walk if you feel like. You can choose from many nice beaches around. Go to the big Plakias beach or to smaller ones nearby. The famous Preveli Palm Beach ist just around the corner. Maybe a 10 minutes drive!

To Plakias it is only 5-7 minutes where you can have good food at the sea and go swimming as I wrote before. But there is a very nice Restaurant in Lefkogeia as well with delicious cretian food at very good prices!

The area around Plakias is beautiful for walking, watching birds, etc. From Levkogeia village it is very easy to explore Crete. If you have a rental car it is easy to go for day trips to many places like Matala Caves, Chania, Knosos etc. We also recommend to book a bus tour from Plakias to Samaria gorge.

If you want nightlife, you just go 30 minutes to Rethymno or if you want it a bit more quiet you just stay where you are. So everything you want is not far away.

So if you want your holidays in a nice place with nice people, good food, nice beaches, but not be too far away from a (nice) city (like Rethymno), Lefkogeia Prevelis is just the place to be!

If you need any advices you can always ask Betty. Everything is "no problem":-)

What else can we say? Just go there and enjoy!!!

PS: Visit the small Museum "Oriseum Papa Michalis Georgoulakis" in Asomatos (just 5 minutes away)! It is absolutely worth it!

PPS: Betty also has a bigger house for families or a group of friends. It is just around the corner of the appartement and we can highly recommend it!

Apr 23, 2014
First of all... I have to say that when you said you were good in essays I believed you but I never expected you to be that good!!!!
I remember thanking you by e-mail but it's never too late to thank you publicly!!! My dear Philipp... Thank you! I even want to make an enquiry to myself!!!! And be accommodated by me!!!
Thank you for your review and also thank you for spending time with us! We did have a good time together and I sure hope to see you again some day! Many kisses to you and to your beautiful one!

Betty
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing