“Very very good....... But !”

Mayor Pelekas Monastery
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Pelekas
London, United Kingdom
“Very very good....... But !”
Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

A really wonderful holiday But..... I booked four double rooms for the family to celebrate me and my wife's 31st wedding anniversary as we spent our honeymoon in Corfu.
We booked nine months in advance and six months before the holiday I requested an upgrade to a double room with a sea view balcony for me and my wife, they noted it and said they would upgrade our room when we arrived, I phoned twice more before the holiday just to remind them.
When we arrived we were given our four double rooms but they informed us that they were full and could not upgrade our room as requested, to our horror our room was a single room with a double bed squeezed in and one tiny wardrobe.
After going back to the reception twice and having a huge argument and threatening to sleep in reception they offered us all another hotel which we refused, in the end they miraculously found us a double room, I would advise anyone to get a sea view room as the back rooms are very dark.
Now the rest of the holiday lived up to the Trip advisor reviews, we had a fantastic holiday, the restaurant was superb and the staff were wonderful, Spiros from Pelekas and Anna our waiters were fantastic and could not be more helpful.
Now the Animation team made our holiday, Giampi, Allice, Nick and Andrea were wonderful, the resort owes a lot to them, they worked wonders with an obvious limited budget, well done guys, we made four good friends and hope to stay in touch.
Access to anywhere other than the resort can be difficult, a huge hill like you have never seen lays between you and the main route to Pelekas or Corfu town but don't get stressed they get you there in the end.
Happy hour at the pool bar between 17.30 and 19.30 where you pay half price for cocktails which are not included in the all inclusive always results in long queues as for some reason they reduce the bar staff from three to one after 17.30, this however does not apply to the Russians who don't queue for nothing they just push into the front and don't give a hoot for anyone.
But overall a fantastic place to stay.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Richard R
Aquis_Quality_team, Διευθυντής at Mayor Pelekas Monastery, responded to this review, October 13, 2014
Dear guest,

I would like to thank you for your honest review and the points raised in it here on Trip Advisor. We certainly do our utmost to make your holiday as comfortable and pleasant as possible, so I am very pleased to read that you were satisfied with the hotel in general and you had a relaxing and enjoyable holiday. All your nice comments about our facilities are greatly appreciated.

The few areas that we failed to meet your expectations are also very important to us, as they enable us to identify the aspects of our services and facilities that we could potentially develop and improve. I assure you that your points are noted and will be examined carefully during the winter time in order to offer a better product next year.

Regarding your heading about the room having said that we always like to upgrade our guests whenever possible, at a small extra charge, but this is very much dependent on our availability during your stay and cannot be guaranteed. Whenever we receive requests via e-mail prior to guests arrival, we always make a note in our system on each individual reservation in order to be able to offer upgrades on arrival should we have the availability. Unfortunately, when our hotel is fully booked and guests have only requested and not booked sea view, it is not always possible to offer upgrades.

Once again, allow us to express our appreciation for your kind comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel on your next holiday to Corfu.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (299)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 5, 2014

Returned with great sadness from a beautiful 4 night stay at the wonderful Aquis Pelekas beach hotel.
My friend and I both found the hotel, surroundings and staff to be of an excellent standard, and we loved every second of our mini holiday in the Corfu Sun.
There was so many good things about this holiday that will remain as fond memories for us, and virtually no negatives to be found, so I will go on to say what I liked about it.
Location....Pelekas beach is only 17 km from the airport so an ideal place to stay if your not on the Island for many days. The beach is large and sandy with sunbeds and parasols, about 5 t
Tavernas line the edge and there are rocky areas. Its good clean beach with a lifeguard presence and remained quite shallow very far into the sea.
The beach and hotel are set into a beautiful green hillside that is unspoilt in its absence of other hotels bars or clubs. Its 'Shirley Valentine' Greek!!!!
The hotel was immaculate in every way, the staff so kind and friendly. There are many facilities and activities provided by the hotels hard working entertainment staff, but there was no pressure to join in if you didn't want to. We loved the pool area with is decked area and stylish sunbeds on which to work on the tan. Hotel provides towels for a small deposit, very useful if travelling light, that can be replaced for clean ones every two days.
The food in the all inclusive restaurant was for us, amazing, we ate like Kings every day and scraped our plates clean it was that good. The variety was good lots of fresh grilled meat, fish and veg,delicious salads all fresh plentiful, healthy and wholesome. The sweet trolley was our undoing as we couldn't resist the choice. I had the most delicious chocolate mouse that I now need to recreate at home.
The staff at the Hotel did make the holiday for us especially the beautiful curly haired receptionist who really looked after us, and her colleague, an older gentleman so jovial and friendly who was there to greet us at the unholy hour of 4 in the morning on Sunday. Ouch!!! We loved them and we already miss you.
We would like to make a special mention to Anna, the lovely tall Ukraine waitress (wears her fair hair in a plait) who always had a smile on her face even when scraping remains off dirty plates. She had such a sweet disposition and kind nature, we love you too and wish all the best in life.
The rating of 75% simply does not do this Hotel justice, you would have to be very fussy to find fault with this place. We loved it all.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms with balconies would be worth while paying extra for especially if you want to contin...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Lindsay R
Aquis_Quality_team, Διευθυντής at Mayor Pelekas Monastery, responded to this review, October 9, 2014
“Dear Guest,

We are very happy to read that you had a positive holiday experience while staying at Aquis Pelekas Beach Hotel and even more so that you took the time to share it with Trip Advisor’s readers”.

Your lovely comments about our waitress Anna are greatly appreciated and have been shared with the team members who are delighted to read that they were able to add value to your stay.
Llangwm, Haverfordwest, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

First time to Corfu. Researched lots of places on the island but this ticked all the boxes for location, family friendly facilities. All inclusive food and drink was amazing ... Catered for all tastes and you must try local dishes. The A La Carte restaurant was a must.. Just $12 for 4 courses .. It was booked as a birthday surprise and the hotel even baked a cake. Lovely. Activity team undoubtedly contributed to a fun atmosphere... Loved the table tennis tournaments, stretching yoga style at the poolside, and aqua gym suited all ages and ability. The beach was easily accessible ... Watching the sunset every night at the restaurant, especially when the organist and traditional Greek dancers entertained was priceless. Definitely worth a visit. Thanks everyone for making my 50th birthday one to remember.

Stayed May 2014
Aquis_Quality_team, Διευθυντής at Mayor Pelekas Monastery, responded to this review, October 10, 2014
“Dear Guest,

We are very delighted to read that you had a positive holiday experience while staying at Aquis Pelekas Beach Hotel and even more so that you took the time to share it with Trip Advisor’s readers”.
Wrexham
Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

My mother, sister and I have just got back from our 5 day holiday, it was not enough time! The holiday was the best I've had and the weather was great (apart from the one day we had torrential rain).
The location of pelekas beach is perfect, right on the lovely sandy beach and not too far to the village where you can catch a bus to the town or just stay in the traditional village.
The room had a great view of the sea, you could also watch the entertainment from the balcony if you were too cold to go down to the amphitheatre. It had a screen divider between the room with a sofa bed and the main bed with 2 single beds (this was meant to be a double, be careful when you book) the room was missing a kettle. The bathroom was ideal and quite modern, except the floor was marble and became very slippy after a shower. The down side to the accommodation was there was an open drainage gate by the shower which was not pleasant in the middle of the bathroom floor.
We didn't spend much time by the pool and spent most days relaxing on the beach. In the day time there is volley ball with Andrea on the beach and you are invited to play, but he won't push you. Sadly, the seas undercurrent is very very strong and the sea got extremely rough at times. Please be aware of this and stay away from the water if there is a red flag out-3 weeks ago someone drowned at pelekas beach and also last year. On the beach, several people do disturb you asking if you want a Thai massage, and they come back often- this is very irritating.
Up by the pool it is a wooden deck which when it rained became extremely slippy, and my mother even slipped over on it. The pool was nice but nothing special and far too small in my opinion. There was not much space for the water activities the animation team held and there were also loose tiles at the bottom of the pool that myself and two friends cut themselves on!
The animation team was amazing. They were very very friendly and said hello/good morning to everyone. They held child friendly games every day such as The cocktail game (this changed every morning), water gym, water polo, ping pong, volley ball, darts and French balls. The evening entertainment was hilarious, with Greek dancing on one night and shows in the amphitheatre on the others. They also do a kids club and a mini disco. Andrea was very funny and could speak good English (aswell as the others) he was funny to chat to and would make sure you were okay at the pool. The mystery show on a Friday was hilarious and very very well done. The animation team really make the holiday special and make you feel like you havens e new friends by te end of the holiday.
The staff were mostly friendly except a few that were only friends until you tipped them. The receptionist was helpful but didn't smile often.The food was a little samey and didn't vary much, so I stuck to the kids food and pastas. I would like to say a huge thank you to Andrea, Nic and Giampi. They are a big asset to the hotel and made my holiday one to remember. Also thank you to Dora at the pool bar for serving us many drink with a smile.
We will be returning, Miranda (13)
Also could someone tell me Andreas surname? Thanks

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank PloughIsy
Aquis_Quality_team, Διευθυντής at Mayor Pelekas Monastery, responded to this review, October 12, 2014
Dear guest,

I would like to thank you for your honest review and the points raised in it here on Trip Advisor. We certainly do our utmost to make your holiday as comfortable and pleasant as possible, so I am very pleased to read that you were satisfied with the hotel in general and you had a relaxing and enjoyable holiday. All your nice comments about our staff and our facilities are greatly appreciated. They take so much pride in their work and I will take the pleasure in sharing your comments with them.

horndean, hampshire uk
Reviewed May 30, 2014

Once again we returned to the Aquis Pelekas beach hotel in Corfu
Once again we could not find a thing to complain about.
We travelled as a group of ladies 40- 82,years in age) we asked for rooms close to each other and that is exactly what we got.
Our rooms had the most fantastic sea views. The rooms are large with a spacious balcony. Cleaned to an exceptional standard.
All staff are happy and friendly and more than wiling to help out. (A special mention for Helen and the other reception staff)
The food in restaurant is varied and very good quality . Maybe the weather could have been a little better but not even Helen could not help with that one!
If you are going to Corfu look no further. This was our third time. You really couldn't do better.

Room Tip: It is worth ensuring you have a sea view room. No Section of hotel seemed noisy and hotel was ful...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank elaineandgary
“Dear Guest,

Thank you also very much for all your nice comments about our personnel. I will make sure the comments will be passed on to the staff and I am sure they will make them proud.
Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

I was in Aquis Pelekas Beach last week and everything was perfect! The beach is wonderful, and the view from our room was fantastic! The restaurant is enjoyable especially the day of Italian cousine.
The animation team was wonderful, and the show was so funny. I really enjoyed Miss pelekas election where Nik was the infant, he was incredible and we had a good laugh.. Thanks to all the staff that was always helpful! Thank you..
Aly

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank giorgio p
Dear guest,

I would like to thank you for your honest review and the points raised in it here on Trip Advisor. We certainly do our utmost to make your holiday as comfortable and pleasant as possible, so I am very pleased to read that you were satisfied with the hotel and you had a relaxing and enjoyable holiday. All your nice comments about our staff and our facilities are greatly appreciated.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Myself and my girlfriend stayed at Pelekas beach for five nights in May of this year. We have just got back and it was such an amazing holiday.
Situated on pelekas beach the hotel overlooks the sea. The sandy beach is so clean and the water is extremely clear. So much so that when we went out in a pedalo (we paid a little extra for) we could see the fish around 100m from shore.

The animation team were extremely helpful and kind, and actually a good laugh. Every day we played volleyball, table tennis & water polo. I would certainly suggest getting to know the animation team as they were all extremely lovely and helpful with all our requests.

The hotel is ideal for both couples and families. I would also recommend the a la carte restaraunt as the food was unbelievable. The food included in the all inclusive was also very nice and very well cooked. Although we only stayed for five nights there was an extremely vast selection of meats / fish & fruit and veg available for every meal.

As you can probably tell I had an amazing trip. Certainly the warm weather helped, but I have already recommended this hotel to my close friends and family. The scenery is amazing and as stated the animation team were all such lovely people it lead to an extremely welcoming and homely atmosphere.

• Stayed May 2014
Dear guest,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pelekas
MarBella Corfu Hotel
Mayor Capo Di Corfu
Mayor Capo Di Corfu
#1 of 4 in Lefkimi
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,279 reviews

Been to Mayor Pelekas Monastery? Share your experiences!