“Food x waitress ”
Review of To Petrino

To Petrino
Ranked #39 of 48 Restaurants in Lavrio
Reviewed February 21, 2019 via mobile

We went three by a friend's recommendation. Sea food tasted quite good but the service was unpleasant. Unfortunately, the waitress was bored and neglect...

Date of visit: February 2019

Reviewed September 15, 2018 via mobile

We came after a night we partied, very very hungry. The waitresess were horrible, they did not understand a word in english. Toilets were disgusting. Food was not good. Only thing we enjoyed was the view.
It was also not the cheapest.
DO NOT VISIT THIS PLACE. I Do not recommend that restaurant; if we can call it a restaurant.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed July 8, 2018 via mobile

Stopped here for lunch because it was right by the sea front and looked nice from the outside. I don’t know if it’s because I’m from the UK and I’m used to service with a smile, but none of the servers were welcoming or polite. They said they had no coffee after we tried to order some from the menu. After the initial seating and ordering, it was very difficult to find a server to ask for anything like drinks or the bill, so we had to wait a long time with dirty plates before we found someone to ask for the bill. At one point I saw our server sitting at a table in the restaurant smoking, and then wiping his brow with his hand (it’s very hot) immediately prior to using his hands to touch raw fish in the iced stall it was kept on. He then carried on with serving other tables without washing his hands. This made me a little worried about hygiene standards on the premises.
Anyway, I looked for vegetarian options on the menu and there was a decent choice (it’s nice to not always have to eat salads as a vegetarian). I’ve recently been in Crete and had the “stuffed tomatoes and peppers” there, each time it had been delicious and stuffed with rice and herbs, sometimes also cheese.
At this restaurant the option on the menu said “stuffed tomatoes (with rice)” - therefore I assumed it was the same meat-free dish I’d had before. When the dish arrived it looked great but before long I realised it contained mince meat mixed in with the rice stuffing inside the tomato and pepper.
Very upsetting to realise that I had eaten some meat unknowingly (it took me a few mouthfuls to realise, as I just wasn’t expecting it and the mince was very small and mixed with the rice). It would be nice if on the menu it stated meat in the dish... I appreciate I’m not Greek and maybe the stuffed tomatoes dish often comes with meat... but I believe menus should state whether something contains meat or allergens. Yes maybe I should have asked and checked but as I said I’d had the dish before therefore didn’t think I had to!
I’m really not one to complain about restaurants, in fact this is the first time I ever have, but felt I should leave feedback about this.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed June 16, 2018 via mobile

In waiting for our boat to leave, we just came in to the first place we saw, in part because it was close, in part because there were lots of people there. It was only after we sat that we saw the horrible reviews on TripAdvisor that we were worried. But we had a very good lunch. The service was fine (better in facet than a couple of very highly rated restaurants in Athens), the food good and fresh, and the price very reasonable. It is very popular with locals, so they must be doing something right. It is no Michelin star restaurant, and perhaps we got lucky, but we enjoyed it very much.

Date of visit: June 2018
1  Thank WilMiRe
Reviewed April 10, 2018

It is very seldom that I make bad reviews, but this was a shame. Empty mussel-shells, uncooked beans, everything was tasteless. In spite of staff's good efforts, their being few only, made the service also unacceptable. In addition to their prices, I definitely do not recommend the place, but really ask the responsible person to improve and not embarrass us all.

Date of visit: April 2018