If you are only staying for one night on your way into or out of Papeete, this hotel will be perfectly fine. The location is the main reason to choose this place as it is right across the street from the airport, lit up with a light sign. You cannot miss it or get lost on foot. Beware the stairs out of the parking lot and the busy street to cross. It is difficult with rolling suitcases, bags, kids, etc. The hill up to the hotel and then to the rooms is indeed steep. It is manageable with baggage, but at the end of the day, not pleasant. Just suck it up and climb it or get a taxi and pay $$. The front desk person was gruff at check in, but got us into our room quickly and a guy came to help pull our bags the rest of the way up the hill to get into the room. It had been raining and everything was slick, so this was very nice. Be aware that the heavily advertised (free) Wi-Fi does NOT work, at all. You can pick up the signal from any number of different routers but no log-in page ever loaded for me on my phone, iPad, nor computer, nor my husband's phone. I would not have minded, but the internet was heavily advertised as a major reason to choose this place. I really needed internet as I was traveling away from business and needed to be able to check in on things and take care of business before the long flight back. The other disappointment is that the rooms, while clean enough, were cramped and stifling hot. The AC did come on, but it took a good ten minutes, and after the long steep climb to access the hotel (it is on quite a hill) on rainy night, I just wanted a cool place to recover. Lastly, we were forced into a room with a double and a twin bed because I had my 4-yr-old with me. I was happy to sleep in the same bed like we have done so many times at home for togetherness, especially before our long (and somewhat scary to a kid) flight home but they required us to pay for an additional bed at a cost of $50. Really not pleased about that, but there was no other hotel apparently around, it was late at night, and I just wanted a shower and a sleep so paid up. What can you do?!
Thankfully the AC worked and was quiet. There were no blankets, so do not turn the AC on too aggressively.
The room, sheets, towels -- all apparently clean. Decorative cover on bed looked grimy. Folded it up and put it away right away.
Walls thin, can easily hear neighbors, and they put everyone all together in the same wing/side. Fortunately our neighbors, who were loud, finished their business and went to sleep quickly.
Good breakfast croissants. If you have been at a resort with packets of Nutella, grab some before you come here. The other breakfast items were not edible.
They make families pay for another bed in an already cramped room. Even if they prefer to sleep together and have pre-paid for a different room, they will not let you have it. They force more payment for it even if you say no, smaller room and bed is fine.
Across airport - up two or three flights of stairs (watch out with luggage) - cross busy road - and up a steep hill (watch out if rainy, it's slippery). Consider a cab if you have a lot of luggage and its night/rainy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Best Comfort at reasonable prices.Located in front of Tahiti Faa'a International Airport the Tahiti Airport Motel is only at 5 minutes walk from the terminal.For a greater comfort, all the rooms as well as the corridors are entirely non-smoker and air conditioned.The establishment is ideal for transit travelers or for long-term stay. The motel provides luggage storage and parking.It is a very comfortable place which proposes 46 units. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda and TripOnline SA so you can book your Tahiti Airport Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tahiti Airport Hotel Faa`a
- Tahiti Airport Motel French Polynesia