We had a perfectly pleasant stay here for one night at the end of our vacation. We had chosen it for its convenient location to the airport, since we had a very early flight the next morning. The location was perfect, just a two minute walk away. Admittedly the walk is down a rather steep driveway and then several steps, but we had four suitcases between the two of us and still had no trouble, and we are in our late 50's. I admit it might not be quite so easy going UP the driveway. I suppose you could take a taxi there but it seems kind of silly to do so considering how close it is.
The front desk receptionist was wonderful and spoke very good English. She even helped us carry our luggage up the two flights of stairs to our room. I was surprised there were no elevators, but no big deal. She also recommended a "roulotte" (local outdoor restaurant) for dinner just down the road, which was excellent.
The room itself was more than adequate and perfectly clean. The air conditioning worked just fine. We had a room at the end of the corridor with a stunning view of Moorea in the distance. The bed was comfortable, and there was plenty of hot water. We could hear very little outside noise despite being so close to the airport and traffic below.
Unfortunately we had to leave too early in the morning to take advantage of the breakfast that was included in the room rate, but there was a decent coffee machine (as opposed to instant coffee) available 24-7. There is a supermarket just a block away from the hotel where we were able to buy our own breakfast provisions the evening before.
I would definitely recommend this hotel if you need a place for an overnight stay convenient to the airport. I wouldn't stay there for my entire vacation, certainly - it's not meant to be that kind of hotel. I honestly can't say anything bad about it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Best Comfort at reasonable prices.Located in front of Tahiti Faa'a International Airport the Tahiti Airport Motel is only at 5 minutes walk from the terminal.For a greater comfort, all the rooms as well as the corridors are entirely non-smoker and air conditioned.The establishment is ideal for transit travelers or for long-term stay. The motel provides luggage storage and parking.It is a very comfortable place which proposes 46 units. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Booking.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline and getaroom.com so you can book your Tahiti Airport Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tahiti Airport Hotel Faa`a
- Tahiti Airport Motel French Polynesia