I stayed at the Tahiti Airport Hotel one en route to Moorea and Bora Bora from Auckland and would recommend it for the convenience and price.
Walk out of the airport, through the parking lot, up the ‘blue stairs’, cross the road at the crosswalk (be careful) and follow the signs at the gate to get to reception. Anyone with mobility issues will find the incline a challenge.
Check-in was efficient. The young man at reception informed about room location and breakfast time.
I paid $140US - a good price for FP as this includes free unlimited in room WiFi and breakfast. The room was nicely decorated and the entire outside wall was all window, top to bottom, giving a great view to downtown and the coast. There was fridge and a kettle with tea and sugar (no coffee).
One complaint is the bed linen consisted of a sheet. There was a decorative piece of fabric about 2 feet by 6 feet which I used as a makeshift blanket. There was no blanket or bedspread and if you are running the A/C (and you will be) you need more than a sheet.
To get your breakfast, GO TO THE RECEPTION DESK. They will give you a tray with a small box of cereal (no choice), a bowl, plastic spoon and knife, a croissant, a decent piece of baguette, jam and butter, and a cup for coffee and a small cup for juice. There’s a self serve coffee and juice machine (the OJ tasted like they floated an orange is some water, but the other fruit juice was better). It’s not much of a breakfast, but does the trick. I didn’t see a sign to advise how one accesses the tray, so I asked the others eating. They often keep the glass reception doors closed and staff may be in the back, so it can look like they are closed.
My safe, which I opened and closed several times the night before, would not open in the morning. They sent someone up as soon as management arrived with the key. Quite efficient, but glad I wasn’t leaving before management arrived!
BRING EAR PLUGS! The roosters crow all night long and the dogs woke me up at 1AM - quite a cacophony most of the night.
I liked having the airport a five minute walk away for ATM, coffee shops and there is even a McDonalds. I caught a taxi from the airport to the ferry terminal to go to Moorea. The taxi was about $20US which is about the going rate for a ten minute ride.
I would recommend the Tahiti Airport Hotel for a stop over because of its convenient location - just bring earplugs and try to snag a blanket.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Best Comfort at reasonable prices.Located in front of Tahiti Faa'a International Airport the Tahiti Airport Motel is only at 5 minutes walk from the terminal.For a greater comfort, all the rooms as well as the corridors are entirely non-smoker and air conditioned.The establishment is ideal for transit travelers or for long-term stay. The motel provides luggage storage and parking.It is a very comfortable place which proposes 46 units. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Tahiti Airport Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tahiti Airport Hotel Faa`a
- Tahiti Airport Motel French Polynesia