We recently stayed in an over water bungalow at this resort. A beautiful view and a once in a lifetime experience. Once we got to our room, it was quiet and secluded and a great experience. Accommodations were clean but a bit dated and they have started a modernization project to update the bungalows. The resort itself never felt crowded, but we were there for a cruise ship arrival and departure day where the cruise line had booked pre- and post- cruise packages at this resort. So, Reception was overwhelmed and had a lot of people looking to check in at very very early times.
Pool area was very nice. Staff was quite helpful, but English was a second or third language for most. A great place for about a two night stay both for the experience and to see the island of Tahiti. It was not comparable to similarly priced resorts say in Hawaii.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort has a total of 253 rooms and bungalows, comprising 172 fully renovated garden and lagoon view rooms, a separate wing with 60 panoramic view rooms for the top achievers and VIPs, a suite, and 32 over-water bungalows. All units are air-conditioned, with international facilities and amenities. Located in 32 acres of gardens, the Polynesian style resort offers views of unforgettable sunsets and volcanic peaks of the sister island Moorea, just 12 miles across the sea of moons. The resort offers 2 restaurants including gourmet over water restaurant and an all day dining restaurant featuring the best Tahitian shows on the island, 2 bars, 2 crystal clear, fresh Water overflow swimming pools, and a host of activities to entertain just about everyone. The property features an activity center including tennis, water sports and the largest scuba-diving center Special mention about the huge lagoonarium where guests can swim in a protected area and enjoy Polynesian exceptional sea-life. The Deep Nature Spa by Algotherm is open since the end of 2008" is also equipped with a great gym ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, HotelsClick, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Orbitz, Agoda, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your InterContinental Tahiti Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Resort Tahiti Hotel Faa`a
- Intercontinental Hotel Tahiti
- Intercontinental Hotel Faaa
- Beachcomber Resort Tahiti
- InterContinental Tahiti Resort & Spa French Polynesia