Stayed at this hotel twice the past week.
The first stay was pleasant. Given an upgrade to a nice room. Hotel a bit shabby-chic, but fine.
Returned for the stay from hell.
At check-in was assigned a horrible room with a bathroom right out of a youth hostel. The room was OK but loud from the bar music nearby. Went back to the front desk to ask to move rooms. Was actually told this would be fine and would be upgraded to an overwater villa, which was nice. When I got to the front desk the Assistant manager told me he had no idea what I was on about. I explained and the guy was so rude he actually told me I was confusing him.
I explained I was coming to get key to a new room, and he demanded I explain why...in front of other guests, which was quite rude and unprofessional. I told him the room was old fashioned and loud. He said "no it is not"......ok so we were at an impasse. I considered checking out immediately and heading for the superior Le Meridien.
I asked for a new room again and he now told me they were suddenly sold out of overwater villas...which was wierd as my wife pulled up availability live on the internet and they were selling 2 more rooms that very night on the IHG.com website....He said it was wrong and they were demolishing all the rooms....very odd and a lie, but ok.
I still could not sleep in a room with bar music though so asked for any other room [I really didnt care what kind of room], and was told the 288 room hotel was FULL [which was weird since it was empty and....ALL the rooms were again for sale on ihg.com for that night]. Another lie.
Just when we were about to checkout, he suddenly "found" a dirty room and it needed 45 mins to clean it. When we said, fine we will wait he suddenly said "its now clean" ....wow nice to see yet another lie.
We immediately went to the room, which was fine, and there was no sign of any housekeeping staff anywhere in the hotel...odd how they just cleaned a whole room in 30 seconds then hid all the carts and staff... all in all this pretty much sullied the whole trip.
I forget the assistant managers name as he was very forgetable, but if you meet a really rude guy who has no time for non-french guests..he is your man!
so please stay here if you like the 1970's, you like the lack of airport shuttle bus even though the hotel is literally a 5 min drive (or US$25 taxi away) [they seem to be in a kick back relationship with a few cab drivers], and you love being yelled at in front of other guests. If that sounds like rubbish to you, please go elsewhere.
Its funny how rude staff can ruin a hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort has a total of 253 rooms and bungalows, comprising 172 fully renovated garden and lagoon view rooms, a separate wing with 60 panoramic view rooms for the top achievers and VIPs, a suite, and 32 over-water bungalows. All units are air-conditioned, with international facilities and amenities. Located in 32 acres of gardens, the Polynesian style resort offers views of unforgettable sunsets and volcanic peaks of the sister island Moorea, just 12 miles across the sea of moons. The resort offers 2 restaurants including gourmet over water restaurant and an all day dining restaurant featuring the best Tahitian shows on the island, 2 bars, 2 crystal clear, fresh Water overflow swimming pools, and a host of activities to entertain just about everyone. The property features an activity center including tennis, water sports and the largest scuba-diving center Special mention about the huge lagoonarium where guests can swim in a protected area and enjoy Polynesian exceptional sea-life. The Deep Nature Spa by Algotherm is open since the end of 2008" is also equipped with a great gym ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Otel, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your InterContinental Tahiti Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Resort Tahiti Hotel Faa`a
- Intercontinental Hotel Tahiti
- Intercontinental Hotel Faaa
- Beachcomber Resort Tahiti
- InterContinental Tahiti Resort & Spa French Polynesia