We recently stayed at the IC Tahiti pre and post cruise in April 2014.
The difference between a "panoramic view" room and a "lagoon view" room are like night and day, at least it was for us.
The panoramic room was spacious, clean, comfortable bed, air conditioning kept the room cool, the bathroom was spacious, with a seperate shower and tub. It is as everyone suggests a wonderful room.
The lagoon view room was small, the a/c barely worked, the bathroom was small, with a tub and no shower, except for a hand held shower head that attached to a hook on the wall. It took us quite a bit of time to figure out how this worked, and we we needed to steady the shower arm with the clothes line in order to take a shower. The water pressure dropped every few minutes, so you never knew if you were going to be frozen or scalded.
If you stay there, spend the extra money and get a panoramic room. I can't say if other rooms that are lagoon view are as bad as the one we had, but we were not impressed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort has a total of 253 rooms and bungalows, comprising 172 fully renovated garden and lagoon view rooms, a separate wing with 60 panoramic view rooms for the top achievers and VIPs, a suite, and 32 over-water bungalows. All units are air-conditioned, with international facilities and amenities. Located in 32 acres of gardens, the Polynesian style resort offers views of unforgettable sunsets and volcanic peaks of the sister island Moorea, just 12 miles across the sea of moons. The resort offers 2 restaurants including gourmet over water restaurant and an all day dining restaurant featuring the best Tahitian shows on the island, 2 bars, 2 crystal clear, fresh Water overflow swimming pools, and a host of activities to entertain just about everyone. The property features an activity center including tennis, water sports and the largest scuba-diving center Special mention about the huge lagoonarium where guests can swim in a protected area and enjoy Polynesian exceptional sea-life. The Deep Nature Spa by Algotherm is open since the end of 2008" is also equipped with a great gym ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, IHG, Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Otel, Hotwire and Agoda so you can book your InterContinental Tahiti Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Resort Tahiti Hotel Faa`a
- Intercontinental Hotel Tahiti
- Intercontinental Hotel Faaa
- Beachcomber Resort Tahiti
- InterContinental Tahiti Resort & Spa French Polynesia