InterContinental Tahiti Resort & Spa
Green Lodge(Moorea)
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
3,414 results
All reviewslotus restaurantfishle lotusoverwater bungalowbora boraswim up barfrench polynesiaclose to the airportpanoramic roommain restaurantother islandsmain poolbreakfast buffetinfinity poolour honeymoonan upgradebeautiful resort
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 21, 2013

We assumed that the Tahiti part of the trip would be the anticlimax before the return home -- during our trip we had been cautioned about really high prices, lots of tourists, congestion, and surly service. I wonder where all of those people stayed -- our last two nights at the Intercontinental were absolutely divine, and if we go back to French Polynesia, we fully intend to spend four or five nights in Tahiti. Our stay at the Intercontinental could not have been nicer -- the room was private and lovely, the bed was deadly comfortable, the service was excellent. The sunsets were spectacular and in our over the water bungalow, we had a picture perfect view of Moorea. The internet connection was complementary, fast, and worked as it was supposed to. Special compliments to our concierge, Thierry, for making our stay a dream -- if you want great dining, just ask Thierry!!

Room Tip: Get an over the water bungalow, and ask for a room at the end of the over the water bungalow chain. The hotel is a large, international resort, and so there are weddings and parties (all nicely organised and not rowdy), but privacy and noise could be issues for guests staying closer in.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank John A
v_roniquey, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Tahiti Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2013

Dear Guest, greetings from Intercontinental Tahiti and thank you for your review.
We are happy to hear that from the location, service and ambiance, we were able to meet with your expectations and we look forward to welcome you back in the near future.
Sincerely.

Reviewed December 21, 2013

Stayed here on a day room pre and post Paul Gauguin cruise. Logistics were seamless. As an IC Ambassador, we received a panaramic room upgrade with beautiful views of Moorea. Fresh fruit and a welcome note was included as well as fresh flowers on the bed. The hotel decor is very colonial Polynesian in style but very relaxing. Lots of locals as wall as tourists in the common area. Had lunch twice by the pool. Lunch was common fare but their Polynesian dishes were delicious.

Room Tip: IC Ambassador for an upgrade
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank katjeAnchorage_Ak

Greetings from Tahiti:
Dear Guest:
Thank you for your positive comments and we are pleased to hear that you had a wonderful time at our Tahiti resort on the occasion of your pre and post cruise.
Looking forward to welcoming you back very soon.Sincerely.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

We used this resort 1 day before our Tahiti Bora Bora Moorings sailboat cruise and 1 day after. Because we were members of the Ambassador Club of Intercontinental, we were guaranteed a room upgrade. Anyone can be an Ambassador, as you just need to pay for the membership. I booked a panoramic room, so we were upgraded to an over-water bungalow. We arrived early, really early, on our first day, so we ate breakfast there and used the main pool. We also snorkeled off our bungalow in the ocean. The bungalow was nice and was sized nice too. The furnishings were a little bit older, but not in disrepair, and we had fruit and water as a welcome gift. The bed was comfortable and I liked the bathroom amenities- they even had a kit that included a toothbrush, razor, etc. Because it was Saturday night, they had a Polynesian buffet and show. We had the buffet, it was expensive- nearly $100/pp, but I suppose it includes the price of the show. The food was very authentic, so if you don't like fish, don't buy the buffet. The second pool at the hotel was one of the prettiest pools I've ever seen. It was an infinity pool bordering the ocean, and it had a sand bottom with false rockery built in and around the pool. It also had a swim up pool bar. The breakfast was very international, which is great because it means there's lots of food to try and experience (eggs for the Americans, Asian food, great french breads, Polynesian fish, baked goods, meats, etc). You can get the full buffet for around $36 or the cold buffet for around $30- just the cold stuff offered a lot of food and choices, so I didn't even need the hot food.

Our 2nd night there on our way home was a nice stay as well, and we had another over water bungalow. We ate at the main restaurant and I bought a pizza. It wasn't very good, but I was "fished out" from all of the seafood from my week's trip. I read that the male staff who work there were quite good looking, and I'd say this is true. They definitely hire fit young men to work there. The bell staff was so helpful, and they were quick to handle our bags and help us to and from the room. Transportation to the hotel from the airport was about 5 minutes max, and the taxi always had a flat rate of 1500 local currency for the trip.

We had wifi free, but that was because of the Ambassador program. I'd recommend booking a room with the breakfast included, as it's really good.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank sparklesque
v_roniquey, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Tahiti Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2013

Dear Guest,
Greetings from Intercontinental Tahiti Resort and thank you for having taken the time to express your feelings after your recent stay with us. As an Ambassador member we value your feedback.
We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back on the future.
Warm regards from Tahiti.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

We are about to leave the hotel it was only one night stay but we made a point to okay the 500 dollars a night for over the water room .
The hotel is ok it's not that as good as I was hoping but reading the next hotel we will stay reviews made me agree it's all in the eyes of the travelers .
The room 513 is awesome ! Total vacation in Tahiti feel . The outdoor is just as lavish as inside . We liked the room.
We didn't like that we paid for full breakfast and they were clearing the buffet as we set down .
I wanted to complain but hubby hates it when I make my points . Why must I pay for full buffet 80 euro and they didn't even come to ask us if we need anything !
The dinner Resturant however was amazing and I will go back !
ן will wait till I get back from our cruise and stay 7 nights at the other hotel and maybe I will think different of this hotel .
Love December in Tahiti while the rest of the USA is cold

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Greetings from Tahiti !
Thank you for your review and comments and pleased to hear that you enjoyed your overall experience of our Tahiti Resort. We took also good note of your remark regarding the breakfast and please accept our apologies for the inconveniences caused.
We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back in the future.
Sincerely.

Reviewed December 18, 2013

stayed here 6 yrs ago. Stayed here on our way back to NZ from Bora Bora. The beds were OK, although my entire trip was with my wife our room was two single beds. LOL, i was too tired and didn't bother complaining. I think it's pretty bad.

anyway, apart from that, we ate at their awesome Le Lotus Restaurant. OMG....my wife loved it so much she wants to stay here again next time we go Bora Bora. hahaha, trust me. for her to say that, the food must be 1000% awesome. She is extremely hard to please when it comes to eating out. I guess i am too. and i would say that the lamb i had there was one of the best i've ever tasted in my life. and price was pretty cheap too. i think it was only just over $100 Australian Dollars per person for 3 course meal.

To me, the food was more important cos it's so hard to find good food in French Polynesia. the room was OKish. 3 star? didn't really care. too tired from Bora Bora anyway, and Papeete is just a stop over. I hope no one stays in this hotel for 1+ days. make sure you go Moorea or Bora Bora.

oh, we stayed at the le meridian on the way to Bora Bora....soooo far.... i probably wouldn't stay there again. its way too far from the airport. BUT their rooms were much nicer. just very very crappy location in terms of getting to the airport.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

ia Orana for Tahiti !
Thank you for visiting us and for your review and remarks which were dully considered.
Thank you also for mentioning our Lotus Restaurant. No doubt that you appreciate the refined creativity of the cuisine, exquisitely complemented of course by our selection of fine French wines. For our future visitors please note that our Lotus Restaurant is situated at the secluded far end of the resort grounds with a captivating atmosphere under a thatched roof and over the lagoon waters.
Thank you again for your nice comments and we look forward to welcome you back for a third stay with us at our Tahiti Resort.
Yours sincerely.