We flew in from New York and decided to spend 2 days in Tahiti....based on reviews, our expectations were mild.
We were pleasantly surprised - very welcoming upon arrival at 5:30am with a day room to shower and freshen up. I'm an ambassador member, worth the $200 / year, and was able to get my room at 10am.
Personally, this is not the place to do the over the water bungalows. We stayed on the third floor ( #375 I think ) and had a beautiful panoramic view of the ocean and island of Moorea. Perfect. Rooms are nice and fitting of the location.....this is not a trendy hotel in New York, so it shouldn't be decorated that way.
Breakfast buffet was great - tons of options and good food. All other meals were very good as well....my wife is a strict vegetarian and she had options.
Tip - skip the main pool area and go to the smaller infinity pool near the Lotus Restaurant. The view is to die for and it's not crowded! We spent all day here in awe.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort has a total of 253 rooms and bungalows, comprising 172 fully renovated garden and lagoon view rooms, a separate wing with 60 panoramic view rooms for the top achievers and VIPs, a suite, and 32 over-water bungalows. All units are air-conditioned, with international facilities and amenities. Located in 32 acres of gardens, the Polynesian style resort offers views of unforgettable sunsets and volcanic peaks of the sister island Moorea, just 12 miles across the sea of moons. The resort offers 2 restaurants including gourmet over water restaurant and an all day dining restaurant featuring the best Tahitian shows on the island, 2 bars, 2 crystal clear, fresh Water overflow swimming pools, and a host of activities to entertain just about everyone. The property features an activity center including tennis, water sports and the largest scuba-diving center Special mention about the huge lagoonarium where guests can swim in a protected area and enjoy Polynesian exceptional sea-life. The Deep Nature Spa by Algotherm is open since the end of 2008" is also equipped with a great gym ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Agoda, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HRS so you can book your InterContinental Tahiti Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Resort Tahiti Hotel Faa`a
- Intercontinental Hotel Tahiti
- Intercontinental Hotel Faaa
- Beachcomber Resort Tahiti
- InterContinental Tahiti Resort & Spa French Polynesia