The first step in writing a good review is to understand expectations of hotels in different countries to your own is always going to be impaired. So here goes!
We stayed here for an overnight stop over to/from Bora Bora, it was good for a 12 hour stay.
The welcome at reception on arrival was fantastic and fairly straight forward. Reception staff were friendly and helpful. Once we had our room we advised the porter who took us to our room.
Breakfast in the morning was hit and miss with most of the hot food actually luke warm or cold which did nothing for the taste, thank goodness for sauce! However, the restaurant and food was set up well. But easily congested around the buffet with a few people.
Now for the room. Very well appointed with a vintage polynesian feel to it. The bed was a bit creaky, however comfortable for a nights sleep after a long day of travelling. The bathroom left alot to be desired however with mould growing on the roof due to a lack of ventilation and the shower seemed somewhat hap-hazard. After showering the bath mat was soaked with water due to the way it is set up. That was my main issue with the room, otherwise it was a good place to stay.
We stayed in a garden view room which was actually right on the water so that was a nice surprise.
Stay here for the transit night as it's only a short 5 minute drive from Fa'a Airport.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort has a total of 253 rooms and bungalows, comprising 172 fully renovated garden and lagoon view rooms, a separate wing with 60 panoramic view rooms for the top achievers and VIPs, a suite, and 32 over-water bungalows. All units are air-conditioned, with international facilities and amenities. Located in 32 acres of gardens, the Polynesian style resort offers views of unforgettable sunsets and volcanic peaks of the sister island Moorea, just 12 miles across the sea of moons. The resort offers 2 restaurants including gourmet over water restaurant and an all day dining restaurant featuring the best Tahitian shows on the island, 2 bars, 2 crystal clear, fresh Water overflow swimming pools, and a host of activities to entertain just about everyone. The property features an activity center including tennis, water sports and the largest scuba-diving center Special mention about the huge lagoonarium where guests can swim in a protected area and enjoy Polynesian exceptional sea-life. The Deep Nature Spa by Algotherm is open since the end of 2008" is also equipped with a great gym ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Travelocity, Hotwire, Agoda, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your InterContinental Tahiti Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Resort Tahiti Hotel Faa`a
- Intercontinental Hotel Tahiti
- Intercontinental Hotel Faaa
- Beachcomber Resort Tahiti
- InterContinental Tahiti Resort & Spa French Polynesia