We had aout 7 hours to kill before our flight home from French Polynesia. This hotel is close to the airport, so we decided to go have dinner here. I wish we would have know that we caould have taken our luggage with us, rather then paying to have our luggage stored, oh well. This hotel also allows you to rent a room for a day for a pretty fair price. It would be a great idea to grab one for dinners, and showers before heading home. Since we did nothave that long, we opted just for dinner. The property is lovely. I will say that I had read not to spend much time in Tahiti..head off the other islands, and this did confirm that statement to be true. The vibe here is much different then Moorea, Bora Bora, or Tikehau all of which we prefered much better. The service was excellent, and the food was okay! Two of the six of us had seared tuna...which is discribed as raw on the menu, and both peices of fish were served well done..eeekkkkkk. Oh well, we sent them back and the second time they came out prefect, yet the sides to accompany the fish were not too exciting. For the most part everyone enjoyed the food and drinks, and again great service. I would suggest this as a great place to grab a room for a day, night or even brief dinner as we were happy we did!!!
By the way the view from the restaurant was beautiful!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort has a total of 253 rooms and bungalows, comprising 172 fully renovated garden and lagoon view rooms, a separate wing with 60 panoramic view rooms for the top achievers and VIPs, a suite, and 32 over-water bungalows. All units are air-conditioned, with international facilities and amenities. Located in 32 acres of gardens, the Polynesian style resort offers views of unforgettable sunsets and volcanic peaks of the sister island Moorea, just 12 miles across the sea of moons. The resort offers 2 restaurants including gourmet over water restaurant and an all day dining restaurant featuring the best Tahitian shows on the island, 2 bars, 2 crystal clear, fresh Water overflow swimming pools, and a host of activities to entertain just about everyone. The property features an activity center including tennis, water sports and the largest scuba-diving center Special mention about the huge lagoonarium where guests can swim in a protected area and enjoy Polynesian exceptional sea-life. The Deep Nature Spa by Algotherm is open since the end of 2008" is also equipped with a great gym ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Travelocity, Hotwire, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Agoda, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your InterContinental Tahiti Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Resort Tahiti Hotel Faa`a
- Intercontinental Hotel Tahiti
- Intercontinental Hotel Faaa
- Beachcomber Resort Tahiti
- InterContinental Tahiti Resort & Spa French Polynesia