We stayed for two nights before our sail on the Paul Gauguin. We were a little hesitant before arriving considering the reviews were quite mixed. However, we were pleasantly surprised with the room, view, pool, lagoon, service, and more! It wasn't until after we stayed at the Intercontinental in Moorea for three nights post-cruise that we appreciated this hotel much more. We were extremely disappointed in the one in Moorea, and in hind-sight, wish we would have come back to this hotel instead of the three extra days in Moorea where they nickle and dimed us like no other with worse all-around service and a worse all around hotel!
Everyone was very friendly to us upon check-in: concierge service, pool/towel service, marina service, restaurant service, and the lists goes on. It was a little chaotic when we were to take the shuttle to the marina for the cruise, but there were so many people and it worked out just fine.
The options for the pools were amazing...I wish we could go back right now just thinking about it! Drinks were pricey by the pool so we mixed a lot of our own drinks from duty free and took them down to the pool. Of course we took advantage of slushy, fruity drinks a couple of times at the swim-up bar and other pool. The snorkeling in the lagoon was the best I had experienced since the Great Barrier Reef many years ago.
We were upgraded when we had a day room before we left and enjoyed some fresh fruit in our room that was waiting for us. The view was amazing to watch our last Tahitian sunset, which was a great way to end our amazing trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort has a total of 253 rooms and bungalows, comprising 172 fully renovated garden and lagoon view rooms, a separate wing with 60 panoramic view rooms for the top achievers and VIPs, a suite, and 32 over-water bungalows. All units are air-conditioned, with international facilities and amenities. Located in 32 acres of gardens, the Polynesian style resort offers views of unforgettable sunsets and volcanic peaks of the sister island Moorea, just 12 miles across the sea of moons. The resort offers 2 restaurants including gourmet over water restaurant and an all day dining restaurant featuring the best Tahitian shows on the island, 2 bars, 2 crystal clear, fresh Water overflow swimming pools, and a host of activities to entertain just about everyone. The property features an activity center including tennis, water sports and the largest scuba-diving center Special mention about the huge lagoonarium where guests can swim in a protected area and enjoy Polynesian exceptional sea-life. The Deep Nature Spa by Algotherm is open since the end of 2008" is also equipped with a great gym ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Booking.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HRS so you can book your InterContinental Tahiti Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Resort Tahiti Hotel Faa`a
- Intercontinental Hotel Tahiti
- Intercontinental Hotel Faaa
- Beachcomber Resort Tahiti
- InterContinental Tahiti Resort & Spa French Polynesia