Beautiful grounds, excellent pools, top rate service, fun but a little cheesy entertainment, and close to the airport. So how could they manage to do such a poor job on the food? We only ate a few time in the main restaurant, just to secure a tale for the evening shows and it was overpriced, uninspired and overall awful. Horrible ceasar salad, inedible salad composed of different kinds of raw minced fish, breadfruit fries more like wood than food. Do as we did and leave the hotel grounds, turn left and keep to the left and walk about 10 to 15 minute to the first business area and look for the green market building that is I believe called Central. Great fresh baguettes, good selection of cheeses, wines, beers and liquors, plus an astounding selection of foi gras as well as all the normal groceries. You will be money ahead and will be eating much better than in the hotel.
We did not have a bungalow, but our room had an excellent view of the gardens, one of the pools, and out to the sea. Huge deck that was comfortable even in the rain.
The hotel offers a shuttle ($5 US) each way to Papeete - reserve early as it fills up as everyone tries to avoid the rather high cab fares.
We enjoyed our stay and had no complaints with the accommodation or the hotel in general, with the exception of the food.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort has a total of 253 rooms and bungalows, comprising 172 fully renovated garden and lagoon view rooms, a separate wing with 60 panoramic view rooms for the top achievers and VIPs, a suite, and 32 over-water bungalows. All units are air-conditioned, with international facilities and amenities. Located in 32 acres of gardens, the Polynesian style resort offers views of unforgettable sunsets and volcanic peaks of the sister island Moorea, just 12 miles across the sea of moons. The resort offers 2 restaurants including gourmet over water restaurant and an all day dining restaurant featuring the best Tahitian shows on the island, 2 bars, 2 crystal clear, fresh Water overflow swimming pools, and a host of activities to entertain just about everyone. The property features an activity center including tennis, water sports and the largest scuba-diving center Special mention about the huge lagoonarium where guests can swim in a protected area and enjoy Polynesian exceptional sea-life. The Deep Nature Spa by Algotherm is open since the end of 2008" is also equipped with a great gym ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, IHG, Agoda, Priceline, Otel, Expedia, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your InterContinental Tahiti Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Resort Tahiti Hotel Faa`a
- Intercontinental Hotel Tahiti
- Intercontinental Hotel Faaa
- Beachcomber Resort Tahiti
- InterContinental Tahiti Resort & Spa French Polynesia