“You don't have to be a resident to be welcome here!”

InterContinental Tahiti Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Faa'a
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Although we were staying with friends on Tahiti, we used the dive centre at the Intercontinental, which is a very good set-up. In addition, we were welcomed to use the beach at the hotel. The drinks and food were good, although expensive as are most things on Tahiti. The receptionist changed our money for us and the hotel felt very welcoming to a non-resident.

In particular, the dinner and Polynesian dance show were spectacular. The dancing was very impressive, and after the show the dancers and musicians stayed around to talk with the audience, and willingly posed for photographs with them. The whole evening was exceptionally enjoyable and we would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CarrieandGeorge78
v_roniquey, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Tahiti Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

Dear Guets,
Greetings from InterContinental Tahiti!
Many thanks for your review on Trip Advisor and we are happy to learn that you experienced the true hospitality of our Tahiti Resort & that you enjoyed our dinner show, one of the best on Tahiti Island place.
We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Intercontinental Tahiti in the future.
Yours sincerely.
Guest Relation Manager.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

A little late writing our review but we moved right after our trip and this is the first opportunity to write it up. We stayed here 2 nights prior to an Oceania cruise. We were in Room 290, panoramic view of the lagoon, swimming pool and LE Lotus restaurant. Nice room but no drawer space and minimal hangers for clothes. Small refrigerator, electric tea pot for coffee or tea, desk with two chairs and high speed connection for a big price, another chair with hassock but not very comfortable. Wallpaper pealing in places and should be repaired. Trees blocked alot of our view but would have been the same on the third floor. Regardless, would stay again if just for a night or two. However, would spring for the over the water bungalows, they looked very nice. Had the hot buffet for around $75 for two at Le Tarre on our 1st morning but had the cold buffet the 2nd morning for about $65, not a big savings but hot was cold anyway. Buffet offered a large selection but you can only eat so much. Got oriented and, then, spent the day relaxing at the infinity pool, sandy bottom but fresh water and swim up bar. Nice to swim to the edge and look out at Moorea. A lovely way to enjoy the day and wind down from our long flight.. Had lunch overlooking the large swimming pool and we split a huge steak sandwich (real steak) with Brie, excellent. Walked the grounds, saw the Lagoonarium where snorkeling is possible but we didn't think it was worth doing, just a few fish. Had Pina Coladas at the bar and then a good dinner of Mahi Mahi in a Coconut and Asparagus Cream Sauce. The food prices, especially breakfast are high but we knew that. Personally, I thought that Lunch and dinner were pretty reasonable in light of the quality and amount of food. They had a show with Polynesian dancers but we were too tired to stay for it.

All in all, we found the resort to our liking and would stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank wctrvlr

Dear Guest,
Greetings from InterContinental Tahiti Resort!
Thank you for taking your valuable time to post your comments on Trip Advisor.
We are pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that overall, you were satisfied with the service and facilities provided by our property.
Thank you also for your remarks which will help us to impove our services to you as we continually seek ways to evolve our level of service and guest experiences.

We look forward to the pleasure of being of service to you in the not too distant future.
Meanwhile, should you at any time need any further information to help you or your friends make reservations for your next Tahiti holiday at the InterContinental Tahiti Resort, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Yours Faithfully.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

My trip to Tahiti was a celebration of life and surviving cancer and doing something completely different for a holiday.

My time at the InterContinental Resort Tahiti perfectly book-ended my idea of paradise (Teahupo'o).

A somewhat fraught arrival (my taxi from the airport mistakenly took off with my luggage) was very quickly sorted by Reception/Concierge staff who ascertained who the taxi driver was and contacting him ... reunited with my luggage, I set off for my Lagoon View room ... and a wonderful view it was!!

Despite the language barriers, I found ALL the staff at the IC Resort to be friendly and helpful ... with the exception of trying to find out the local bus timetable ... silly me ... Island Time ... what timetable? Never mind I got to where I wanted when I wanted (within reason).

Returning to the IC Resort after six nights in paradise ... despite being booked into a Lagoon View room, I was thrilled to be offered an upgrade to an Overwater Bungalow at the Lotus end of the Resort ... well if Teahupo'o was paradise, the OWB ranks 2nd on my paradise list ...

I loved the openness of the various areas of the Resort and not feeling like I was confined to an air-conditioned box during my (total) five night stay.

My only 'problem' ... having to pay for Wi-Fi access to the internet ... despite that, I plan on returning and the IC Resort Tahiti will definitely feature in my future travel arrangements.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank EV0102

Dear Guest,
Greetings from Intercontinental Tahiti resort!
Reading your feed back makes us feel proud of our devoted employees and it allows us to think we are in the good direction to be a “Great Hotel Guest love”, one of our top priority at InterContinental Hotels Group. You can be assured that your comments are taken into consideration and our staff acknowledged.
We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back in the not too distant future and if you decide to do so, please let us know as we like to look after our return guests.
Yours faithfully.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

I only stayed here one night (close to airport) but between the people at the front desk, dinner and cockroaches around the restaurant I was happy this was not the hotel I chose to stay in Tahiti. I did not get the chance to look at the pool/beach area during the daylight so I am still giving it 2 stars. I do not recommend this hotel for your whole stay in Tahiti. Definitely use it if it is just to stay one night before your flight the next morning.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank wupiti
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Tahiti Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Dear wupiti,

Thank you for staying with us and we appreciate you sharing your experience regarding your stay. I am sorry for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay and I regret our hotel fell below your expectations. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality and services we offer for to our guests.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Regards,

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed September 9, 2012

needs a lick of paint and a bit of a scrub-down, overpriced with tired flowers - and bring your ear plugs - the facility is 3 k from the airport - that is a plus due to the low cab fare (1200 local francs or USD 13) - but you need to expect some take off and landing action, depending on the wind direction

Room Tip: get a superior room in the centre of the blocks facing the lagoons - ground floor is good - seek an...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo

Dear Guest,
Greetings from Intercontinental Tahiti Resort!
Thank you for your comments posted on Trip Advisor.
Your remarks concerning our facilities have been dully considered and are receiving our attention. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary steps to improve our services.
We do hope that you will return to an Intercontinental hotel in the future and indeed to the InterContinental Tahiti Resort ; Should you decide to come back do not hesitate to contact us as we would like to do our utmost to fully satisfy you next time.
Yours faithfully;
Guest relation Manager

Reviewed September 9, 2012

Like many of the reviews before this we used the IC Tahiti as a pit-stop in and out of the islands. Flights arrive and depart Tahiti at pretty unsociable hours and having a good quality resort like this literally five minutes form the airport helps ease the commute pain considerably.

The hotel rom accommodation was a little tired but clean and well serviced while the service from the staff really good. To be fair we did not use the resort for anything other than a late arrival and early departure but the time we used the pools etc were all satisfactory.

We checked out at 1130pm for a 130 am flight to New Zealand only to find out after we got to the airport that it had been delayed by fours hours. We checked in, hailed a cab and went straight back to the hotel - no problem they gave us our room back and what ended up being a horror commute at the hands of Air NZ was softened by the friendly and helpful IC staff. Thank you!

Room Tip: Join the ambassadors club for upgrades.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank HughK1
v_roniquey, General Manager at InterContinental Tahiti Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

Dear Guest:
Greetings from Intercontinental Tahiti Resort & Spa!
Thank you very much for posting your review on Trip Advisor and we are glad to learn that you enjoyed your short stay with us. We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back in the future, for a longer stay this time, as we will be honoured to welcome you back.
Yours Faithfully.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

i did over 300 hrs of research for this trip-a week in an overwater bungalow & an 11day cruise. i ran into the priority club which for $100 gave me a free weekend night & an upgrade plus many other amenities. i figured i would save around $300. the rooms were lagoon view, garden view, pool view & OWB (overwater bungalow). i paid for the cheapest & knew i would get a garden view. i was by myself so i didn't have anyone to share with expenses. lo & behold, the guy upgraded me to an OWB & the first one which is closest to everything. so i saved at least $3000. the room was huge & accomodated my extensive luggage, wardrobe & loads of extras. the view on my balcony was amazing with plenty of room. diving off the balcony in the morning was divine. sharks don't come into the lagoon so no worry. noticed some of my neighbors skinny dipping throughout the day. the infinity pool was nice for a change with a bar in the water. i ate buffets day & nite so lots of choices. the staff was exceptionally nice to me at all times & accomodated anything i wished. my favorite part was the shows at nite -i videotaped all of them & went on stage to dance with the performers at the end of each performance. Ruth & i had a lot in common surviving final stage of cancer & became fast friends. she would drive me to the grocery store & help me with all my tours & any shortcuts. i met people there from all over the world & a good time was had by all. unfortunately i couldn't keep in touch with natives that i met along the ways as they don't want new technology like cell phones, email etc but after all, isn't that one of the reasons why we go there -to forget the hustle & bustle of living in the fast lane. the Caribbean & Bahamas are light years ahead of Polynesia but that's what gives it the charm. the tours every day were very informative & interesting everywhere i went. so much to learn about the history. i bought many pareos for my friends & the hotel gave several demos on how to wear them in so many ways. my girlfriends swear the reason i picked this place was for the shirtless, muscular bell hops -they seranaded me with their guitars & songs all the time & hand fed me fruit off the trees. the only downside to this place was its age -not as ritzy as some of the other resorts but the atmosphere surely made up for it -that's why only 4 stars. they had to tear my hands from the door to get on the cruise. it was a trip of a lifetime & i have 11 hours of video & hundreds of pictures to look back on a remarkable experience.

Room Tip: as i mentioned above, the priority club enabled me to stay by myself in an overwater bungalow but e...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
6  Thank darlindarla2
v_roniquey, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Tahiti Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

Dear Guest:
Greetings from Intercontinental Tahiti Resort & Spa !
Thank you very much for having taken the time to summarise your stay with us in popular site such as Trip Advisor, and we are pleased to learn that we succeeded in making your sojourn so memorable!
Our mission is to meet and exceed guests' expectations and reading your review, it is very rewarding to learn that through the help from our staff, your stay at our Tahiti Resort turned into a trip of a lifetime.
Thanks again for your patronage and our management & team look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Yours faithfully.
Guest Relation Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Faa'a
Manava Suite Resort Tahiti
Le Meridien Tahiti
Le Meridien Tahiti
#2 of 3 in Punaauia
Tahiti Pearl Beach Resort

Been to InterContinental Tahiti Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!